HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Hockey Talk by Country (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Medvescak Bears (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=672532)

Kiraly 08-14-2009 05:25 PM

Medvescak Bears
 
Croatia's Medvescak Bears debuted in the EBEL today with an exhibition game against the Graz 99ers. The Bears won the game 5 to 3.

Medvescak Website

Kiraly 03-04-2010 03:13 PM

In their inaugural season in the EBEL, the eighth seeded Bears defeated top ranked Graz 5-2 today to win the opening round series 4 games to 2.

slovakiasnextone 03-04-2010 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiraly (Post 24297033)
In their inaugural season in the EBEL, the eighth seeded Bears defeated top ranked Graz 5-2 today to win the opening round series 4 games to 2.

Well, it´s nice succes in their inaugural season however I like AV19 ´s way with rather playing Hungarian players than imports even if it doesn´t bring results right away.

Kiraly 03-05-2010 09:43 AM

I think the objective with this approach is to create a successful team and get people turned onto the sport. I think in the case of Zagreb, they would not have been able to field a competitive team in the EBEL with only their Croatian born players.

The Bears seem to be quite popular. The trick now is to translate this popularity in the club into enrollment and infrastructure development. Now this may not be the objective of Medvescak, but it should be for the Croatian Hockey Authority.

slovakiasnextone 03-06-2010 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiraly (Post 24316298)
I think the objective with this approach is to create a successful team and get people turned onto the sport. I think in the case of Zagreb, they would not have been able to field a competitive team in the EBEL with only their Croatian born players.

The Bears seem to be quite popular. The trick now is to translate this popularity in the club into enrollment and infrastructure development. Now this may not be the objective of Medvescak, but it should be for the Croatian Hockey Authority.

Yes, of course it wouldn´t be possible to field a Croatian filled roster only, but I believe that at least some of them might be worth a shot to gte ice-time in a good league and improve just like Hungary´s players did in Alba Volan. It´s nice to see that Kanaet is playing there now though and maybe the other kids playing in Slovakia, Finland etc. will join him once they´re finished with their junior careers.

crobro 04-10-2010 05:59 PM

hypothetical question here

if croatia were to win their group at the wc and get promoted to the top tier of wc hockey would the ctoatian team then be allowed to bring in croatian nhl players who missd the playoffs or are knocked out in the first round like other countries?

Kiraly 04-10-2010 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crobro (Post 25057312)
hypothetical question here

if croatia were to win their group at the wc and get promoted to the top tier of wc hockey would the ctoatian team then be allowed to bring in croatian nhl players who missd the playoffs or are knocked out in the first round like other countries?

Why would the rules apply differently to Croatians?

If Croatia has players in the NHL, and they are available for the WC (not participating in the NHL post-season) and are eligible to play for Croatia, then it would be up to them and the Croatian Hockey Federation whether they participate in the WC.

FuzzyTitus 07-14-2010 10:22 PM

I went to a bears game when they came to Canada some years back. I believe it was in Winnipeg. They ended up losing, but we were chanting for them to fight and a brawl ensued. It was quite fun.

Thesensation19 12-05-2012 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiraly (Post 24316298)
I think the objective with this approach is to create a successful team and get people turned onto the sport. I think in the case of Zagreb, they would not have been able to field a competitive team in the EBEL with only their Croatian born players.

The Bears seem to be quite popular. The trick now is to translate this popularity in the club into enrollment and infrastructure development. Now this may not be the objective of Medvescak, but it should be for the Croatian Hockey Authority.

It is exactly what they have done.

Medvescak is now #13 in average attendance for all European Hockey clubs including Russia. And that # will grow since they are using their bigger dome more often this season, they increased global marketing by having the outdoor Pula game and by signing Dustin Jeffrey. All of that and they are #1 in the EBEl, maybe #2 now but they are up there!

I have talks to friends and family and Medvescak has also improved its B teams and its junior teams. both of which will continue to grow for younger croatians and new comers all over Europe.

The fans are growing and they love this lifestyle. Win or lose, the fans go crazy!

ficohok* 12-16-2012 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thesensation19 (Post 56259477)
It is exactly what they have done.

Medvescak is now #13 in average attendance for all European Hockey clubs including Russia. And that # will grow since they are using their bigger dome more often this season, they increased global marketing by having the outdoor Pula game and by signing Dustin Jeffrey. All of that and they are #1 in the EBEl, maybe #2 now but they are up there!

I have talks to friends and family and Medvescak has also improved its B teams and its junior teams. both of which will continue to grow for younger croatians and new comers all over Europe.

The fans are growing and they love this lifestyle. Win or lose, the fans go crazy!

I just saw this...:amazed::amazed::amazed: Someone told you bunch of BS...Medvescak doesn't give a **** to its B team much less juniors...Jesus, your friends and family are telling you fairy tales:D


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:20 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.