HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Blueshirts drop curtain off B'way (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=67366)

KING 04-03-2004 05:03 AM

Blueshirts drop curtain off B'way

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ho...p-156506c.html

KING 04-03-2004 05:07 AM

A bitter ending

http://www.thejournalnews.com/newsro...ersforweb.html

Janerixon 04-03-2004 11:06 AM

"But many of the players on today's roster Mironov, Mike Dunham, Dale Purinton, Jan Hlavac, Dan LaCouture, Chris McAllister are not likely to be part of the rebuilding efforts whenever there is a next season."

pretty interesting that dunham and lacouture are listed as those likely not to be back, we can all see the writing on the wall about mcallister and purinton, hlavac i dont think will be back either, mironov i tend to disagree because we know sather wont go with only kids and bobo has played well with tyutin and will be cheap, but lacouture has played hard and been useful when given icetime, dunham id love to see gone but that means sather will have to buy him out, id like to see it happen but im not so sure

True Blue 04-03-2004 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janerixon
pretty interesting that dunham and lacouture are listed as those likely not to be back, we can all see the writing on the wall about mcallister and purinton, hlavac i dont think will be back either, mironov i tend to disagree because we know sather wont go with only kids and bobo has played well with tyutin and will be cheap, but lacouture has played hard and been useful when given icetime, dunham id love to see gone but that means sather will have to buy him out, id like to see it happen but im not so sure

I think that Dunham will be back. Can't see Jackass buying him out. I disagree on Krispy. Kasper, Rachunek, Poti (unless a miracle occurs and he is traded) are locks. So is Tyutin. That's 4. I believe that Kondratiev will be one of the 6. Having him collect dust as a 7th defenseman will be an utter waste of a prospect. So that's 5. Now before we get to Bobo,there is still Pock and Lampman. In my eyes, Pock has leapfrogged Lampman. And I still think that having Lampman either in Hartford or as a 7th defenseman will only hurt him at this point. And Pock has certainly played his way into consideration. So where is there room for Bobo?
As for Lac, IF MAtty & Simon truly resign here, where is there room for him? Ortmeyer & Murray are all but assured spots and if Matty & Simon come aboard, there's simply no room for Lac. And if they do not come aboard, there is still Moore to consider (Dewy Heilman (sp?) is staying in college, or so I've read). Much like Bobo, there may simply be no room for Lac.

Janerixon 04-03-2004 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by True Blue
I think that Dunham will be back. Can't see Jackass buying him out. I disagree on Krispy. Kasper, Rachunek, Poti (unless a miracle occurs and he is traded) are locks. So is Tyutin. That's 4. I believe that Kondratiev will be one of the 6. Having him collect dust as a 7th defenseman will be an utter waste of a prospect. So that's 5. Now before we get to Bobo,there is still Pock and Lampman. In my eyes, Pock has leapfrogged Lampman. And I still think that having Lampman either in Hartford or as a 7th defenseman will only hurt him at this point. And Pock has certainly played his way into consideration. So where is there room for Bobo?
As for Lac, IF MAtty & Simon truly resign here, where is there room for him? Ortmeyer & Murray are all but assured spots and if Matty & Simon come aboard, there's simply no room for Lac. And if they do not come aboard, there is still Moore to consider (Dewy Heilman (sp?) is staying in college, or so I've read). Much like Bobo, there may simply be no room for Lac.

TB
lacouture i can understand there being no room for, but that is if and only if we re-sign both matty and simon, barnaby i think will come back to most likely be our captain unless they give it to jagr, something i can easily see happening, but simon is no lock, especially since he is doing pretty well for calgary, his home, he may want to stay

so there may be an opening for lacouture who can kill penalties, and has shown when actually given time with skilled players he can find the net something ortmeyer cant and for murray remains to be seen

if we re-sign green, which should happen, lacouture is almost guaranteed not to be re-signed but id keep d-lac as a 13th or 14th foward

as for bobo
as we stand now for next year
?-tyutin
kasper-poti
pock-rachunek

7 man - ?

lampman is not 1-2 material nor is he 3-4 material yet either, i cant see him starting the year as the 7 man either, he will be in hartford unless he has a great camp

kondratiev - he has the tools to make the team, however he will not be on the top pair with tyutin, too risky, i could see a few things happening

1)kasper could get pushed up to the top pair, opening a spot for kondratiev next to poti
2) poti could get dealt, opening a spot next to kasper for kondratiev
3) we bring in a completely different ufa d-man to be top pair with tyutin, leaving kondratiev and pock to battle it out for the 6th spot to play alongside rachunek

with all those being possibilities, why not bring back bobo at a pretty inexpensive rate to continue to be partners with tyutin, keep the chemistry, deal poti to move up at the draft have a defense of this

mironov-tyutin
kasper-kondratiev
pock-rachunek

7 man nycholat

in hartford getting tons of minutes and waiting for call-ups if need be lampman, grenier, and maybe we sign guenin, baranka, liffiton, and etc

all im saying is considering how many injuries we have had at the blueline the last few years and this year alone
leetch in camp with the bone bruise
malakhov hand
poti back
kasper knee
bouchard concussions
purinton concussion
de vries knee

thats 7 d-men, suddenly now that we got kids they arent immune, they will get banged up and we will need to have call-ups

mironov can log minutes, has played well with tyutin, can be play hardnosed and is basically our only d-man this year who only missed games due to suspension or coaches choice, id like to bring him back and i think sather will

as for dunham, his status will depend on blackie's health, if we sign a college goalie ready to at least be a back-up and if sather goes after khabi, cause if he plans on getting khabi or a ufa goalie, dunham will be bought out

True Blue 04-03-2004 02:01 PM

Janne,

I agree w/ you as far as Lac & Simon goes. No doubt that Simon may just want to stay at home. Now that you pointed out that Calgary is where he is from, I would tend to think that he will indeed stay there. That, in turn may open up a 4th line slot for Lac. As I said before, the bottom 4 wings have 2 spots automatically taken by Ortmeyer & Murray. That leaves 2 spots open. Hopefully, Matty takes one of them (although I think that Holik will get the "C" & Matty the "A", IF he comes back). The other spot should be a competition. If neither Matty nor Simon come back here, then Lac will probably have the inside track on one of them.
As for Bobo, here's my point. If we take your first scenario,
"?-tyutin
kasper-poti
pock-rachunek

7 man - ?"

If there is a choice between Bobo playing & Kondrateiv collecting dust, then IMO 'Drats should be in. By all reports Kondrateiv virtually made the top 6 of a MUCH better 'Leafs team out of camp, but got the shaft becuase Mcabe came back early from his injury. By all reports, Kondrateiv was NHL ready. Having him sit as a 7th defenseman would do absolutely nothing for his development. We are are rebuilding team and as thus Kondrateiv gets any consideration over Krispy. And I truly believe that Lampman has done all that he needs to do in Hartford to be a 3rd pairing defeneseman. Having him collect dust as a 7th defenseman would hurt his development.
Under those scenarios, to me, there is no room for Bobo.

Now if we take a look at your second scenario,

"mironov-tyutin
kasper-kondratiev
pock-rachunek"

This is somewhat better as Kondratiev is in the lineup. However this assumes that Porta Poti is traded. I think that Jackass will not trade him. Otherwise he already would have at the deadline. Plus Porta's defensive performance over the last 2 years has been simply dismal. The fact that he appears to be scared of contact is very noticeable. I admit that maybe I am so jaded by him that I cannot place a proper market value on him, but I just cannot see him fetching a #1 pick. Plus, again, in that scenario (while better than the first) Lampman again gets the shaft. I do not see Bobo as a top pair d-man. Heck, this year he was barely a 3rd pair d-man. I think that Lampman is ready to be a 3rd pair defenseman. Having him play in Hartford may actually set back his development, while having him collect dust as a 7th defenseman will definetly set him back. On a team that is trying to rebuild, what is the better option? I know that kids are not immune to injuries, but there is no point in having one of them serve as a 7th. Now, I would not be averse to Bobo being the 7th, but he will not do that. And I think that I would rather have Mcallister in that role.

Janerixon 04-03-2004 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by True Blue
As for Bobo, here's my point. If we take your first scenario,
"?-tyutin
kasper-poti
pock-rachunek

7 man - ?"

If there is a choice between Bobo playing & Kondrateiv collecting dust, then IMO 'Drats should be in. By all reports Kondrateiv virtually made the top 6 of a MUCH better 'Leafs team out of camp, but got the shaft becuase Mcabe came back early from his injury. By all reports, Kondrateiv was NHL ready. Having him sit as a 7th defenseman would do absolutely nothing for his development. We are are rebuilding team and as thus Kondrateiv gets any consideration over Krispy. And I truly believe that Lampman has done all that he needs to do in Hartford to be a 3rd pairing defeneseman. Having him collect dust as a 7th defenseman would hurt his development.
Under those scenarios, to me, there is no room for Bobo.

Now if we take a look at your second scenario,

"mironov-tyutin
kasper-kondratiev
pock-rachunek"

This is somewhat better as Kondratiev is in the lineup. However this assumes that Porta Poti is traded. I think that Jackass will not trade him. Otherwise he already would have at the deadline. Plus Porta's defensive performance over the last 2 years has been simply dismal. The fact that he appears to be scared of contact is very noticeable. I admit that maybe I am so jaded by him that I cannot place a proper market value on him, but I just cannot see him fetching a #1 pick. Plus, again, in that scenario (while better than the first) Lampman again gets the shaft. I do not see Bobo as a top pair d-man. Heck, this year he was barely a 3rd pair d-man. I think that Lampman is ready to be a 3rd pair defenseman. Having him play in Hartford may actually set back his development, while having him collect dust as a 7th defenseman will definetly set him back. On a team that is trying to rebuild, what is the better option? I know that kids are not immune to injuries, but there is no point in having one of them serve as a 7th. Now, I would not be averse to Bobo being the 7th, but he will not do that. And I think that I would rather have Mcallister in that role.

you want mcallister back? please he is ahl fodder, he plays a simple game and can make an occasional hit, but for a man of his size he should be punishing opponents every chance he gets, he reminds me an offensively challenged larger version of poti, he will try and use his body here and there, but he just isnt good defensively, if purinton or mcallister are back we are going to be in for some trouble anytime there is an injury, id much rather have nycholat re-signed and bring him back as a 7-man he can skate, hit, make a good outlet pass, and is better defensively then both dale and mcallister

as for lampman, he hasnt shown me that he is nhl ready, he had 2-3 good games and 3 or 4 bad games where he couldnt handle the puck, made bad decisions, and looked kinda lost at times

i agree he should not be the 7 man, so id rather let him be the tyutin of the pack to start next year, let him get tons of time and be the first one called up, unless he really has a great camp

as for bobo, if you dont feel he is 1-2 guy, i cant disagree, but he has played well with tyutin, allowing fedor to rush the puck while covering, helping with the physical play and just doing what we need... which is enough for me

u and i both know sather will sign at least 1 ufa d-man, id rather we keep some chemistry, thats my point, let the kids get to know their partners and get comfortable

as for poti, could he have been dealt at the deadline, possibly but the 2 teams who wanted to get an offensive minded d-man made trades
leafs for you know who, and the bruins who wanted poti, but instead got a much better gonchar

there is only one other team looking for an offensive minded d-man that i know of and that is the thrashers, who will have a top 15 pick and may be willing to move it for poti and say the pick we acquired from toronto in the leetch deal, its not a lock but they could really use an offensive minded d-man, poti is 27 so he has hockey ahead of him, his defensive inadequacies would not be so noticable on a team that plays a solid defensive system, and he could be the difference in goals that helps them to make the playoffs

i think moving him is a real possibility, both him and lundmark are the two largest pieces of tradebait i can see being used to move up in the draft

as for my 2nd scenario for defense i think it is a real possibility
bobo-tyutin
kasper-kondratiev
pock-rachunek

7 man nycholat

lampman and grenier in hartford waiting for call-ups getting top pair minutes and hopefully we sign a few kids like guenin, taylor, liffiton, baranka, and etc depending on who wants to leave college and their amatuer teams to go pro