HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Had a Habs Nightmare last night (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=67410)

HabsoluteFate 04-03-2004 11:49 AM

Had a Habs Nightmare last night

I was watching the Buffallo game and Ribiero got injured...an injury predicted to last 4 games...
good news is my dreams never come true ;)

Tuggy 04-03-2004 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HabsoluteFate
I was watching the Buffallo game and Ribiero got injured...an injury predicted to last 4 games...
good news is my dreams never come true ;)

*knock on wood* just to make sure :D

BLONG7 04-03-2004 12:01 PM

Let's hope all the guys can stay healthy for the playoffs. In the playoffs the team that can avoid injuries and get great goaltending are the teams that go deep, so hopefully that flu virus has made it's way outta Montreal and found it's way into another city... preferably...? Wait until tomorrow to name where it shows up...

Physical HABuse 04-03-2004 12:53 PM

Ribeiro? He's still on the team? Oh...didn't realize cuz I haven't heard much from him lately. He's really slowed down in terms of point production in the last 2 weeks. It doesn't bode well for the playoffs.

Duff88 04-03-2004 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Physical HABuse
Ribeiro? He's still on the team? Oh...didn't realize cuz I haven't heard much from him lately. He's really slowed down in terms of point production in the last 2 weeks. It doesn't bode well for the playoffs.

Ward was the only forward who was good in the last 2 weeks... Ribeiro is not alone to have slowed down.

Blind Gardien 04-03-2004 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Physical HABuse

Let me shrug in advance... :dunno: ... what follows is somewhat hypothetical:

When the Habs get into a bit of a slump, CJ seems to pull back the reins a bit and urge the team to play more conservatively, to "do the simple things", to "get back to basics", etc. I guess most coaches do. With Ribeiro, he's best when things are just kind of rush-rush pond hockey style out there, and he'll obviously slow down when everybody around him is lagging a bit behind and he has the coach glaring at him to come back on the play more.

It reeeeeally worked well against the Isles and Philly. :cry:

Not that this should give us a lot of hope for Ribs in the playoffs: unless it's TB, I think he'll be checked into the ice ES, and so it becomes absolutely essential that he's clicking on the PP. It doesn't _have_ to be that way, but I think CJ will be approaching the playoffs with a defense-first philosophy that doesn't necessarily fit our team composition very well.

One for the road: :dunno:

Guy Caballero 04-03-2004 01:46 PM

Ribs was fine this year, but I still have no faith in him as a clutch performer or a playoff warrior. He's got this post-season to prove otherwise, but if he doesn't, I hope Gainey starts looking at other options for the second-line C position. I still think Ribs is best suited to the more wide open West, while a bigger, more physical center is what the Habs need.

chicpea* 04-03-2004 01:55 PM

I'm more worried about Begin than Ribs. Any news other than that he's day-to-day?

Blind Gardien 04-03-2004 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chicpea
I'm more worried about Begin than Ribs. Any news other than that he's day-to-day?

I'm more worried about Begin's ribs than about how Ribs begins the post-season.
:blush: :dunce:

Team_Spirit 04-03-2004 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duff88
Ward was the only forward who was good in the last 2 weeks... Ribeiro is not alone to have slowed down.

Ribeiro slowed down because the physical play raised up , Ward is willing to pay the price and he don't shy away from physical play and that's why he was effective .

Tricolore#20 04-03-2004 02:59 PM

I hope Zed can stay healthy. He is a force in the playoffs. In 2002, if it wasnt for the cheapshot, who knows how we would have fared against Carolina, since Zed was on fire prior to that incident.