HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   few things (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=67463)

slim399 04-03-2004 03:03 PM

few things

I think a lot of rangers fans dont mind the idea of bringing lindros back, but most agree that he can't be relied on being the first line center he once was. What if we resigned him and moved him to wing. He had success before on holik's line and I wouldn't mind seeing him there again. A one year contract with 2million gauranteed and 3 million in incentives based on things such as points and plus minus, not games.

I really like the idea of hiring mcgill and fotiu. They sound like the real deal and i think they would work well with what should be a very young team. I then think the rangers should look into hiring adam graves as the other assistant coach and mike richter as our goalie coach. I think graves would work great with players like murray and ortmeyer who seem to play similar games as graves.

BDubinskyNYR17* 04-03-2004 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slim399
I think a lot of rangers fans dont mind the idea of bringing lindros back, but most agree that he can't be relied on being the first line center he once was. What if we resigned him and moved him to wing. He had success before on holik's line and I wouldn't mind seeing him there again. A one year contract with 2million gauranteed and 3 million in incentives based on things such as points and plus minus, not games.

I really like the idea of hiring mcgill and fotiu. They sound like the real deal and i think they would work well with what should be a very young team. I then think the rangers should look into hiring adam graves as the other assistant coach and mike richter as our goalie coach. I think graves would work great with players like murray and ortmeyer who seem to play similar games as graves.

Yea I agree, Id also say bring back Jeff Beukeboom as our assistant coach but he is coaching for the Oilers farm team. He can at least teach our Defense to play defense especially Poti. I think maybe a dman like Ulf Samuelsson would not be a bad choice either.

NYR2 04-03-2004 04:16 PM

I'm one of the few that wants Lindros back.

nyr5186 04-03-2004 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
Yea I agree, Id also say bring back Jeff Beukeboom as our assistant coach but he is coaching for the Oilers farm team. He can at least teach our Defense to play defense especially Poti. I think maybe a dman like Ulf Samuelsson would not be a bad choice either.

Lets also bring back Jan Erixon and Steve Larmer to teach our forwards how to play defense. How about hiring Staphan Matteau to help the guys with their behind-the-net wraparounds? Or lure Craig MacTavish into becoming the faceoffs coach? Hey, lets bring back Sergei Nemchinov. I'm sure he could help out Tyutin in one way or another. And isnt it about time for another Esa Tikkanen return to Broadway?

Come on people. Its good to be nostalgic about the past, but at some time you gotta move on.