HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Toronto Maple Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Speculation: Afinogenov's Girlfriend : 'Hopefully he'll sign with the Leafs' (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=674726)

TheRussianRocket 08-23-2009 03:01 PM

Afinogenov's Girlfriend : 'Hopefully he'll sign with the Leafs'
 
Was just watching the Rogers Cup final where Elena Beat Maria Sharapova.

During her "Thank you" speech, she told the fans that her boyfriend Maxim Afinogenov will hopefully sign with the Toronto Maple Leafs.
Seeing as most of the fans had no reaction (or so it appeared on tv), Elena followed through with an even stronger statement: " He has no choice, come on ".

Does Elena know something? Being his girlfriend, i'm sure she knows who he talks to.

Joey Hoser 08-23-2009 03:03 PM

Damn you and your misleading thread title.

russmatuss 08-23-2009 03:03 PM

Sort out the title.

iPunch 08-23-2009 03:06 PM

My heart sank

re5piration 08-23-2009 03:07 PM

lol

I doubt it.

She probably only said it because she was playing in Toronto.

Anyways, who cares? Max's sister Katia Afinogenova is smokin:amazed:

sgupca 08-23-2009 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Leafinator (Post 20854940)
lol

I doubt it.

She probably only said it because she was playing in Toronto.

Anyways, who cares? Max's sister Katia Afinogenova is smokin:amazed:

This, she is just trying to build hype.

That being said, i've always liked Max and think he'd be dynamite with Garbo and Kulemin.

TopProspect91 08-23-2009 03:14 PM

I wish. I'd love him on the Leafs. He's always been one of my favorite players.

Newfie John 08-23-2009 03:15 PM

I doubt it. I recall Brian Burke saying that he does not plan to use his remaining cap space on free agents. He'd rather use it more creatively in a trade, hopefully for Kessel.

sgupca 08-23-2009 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newfie John (Post 20855024)
I doubt it. I recall Brian Burke saying that he does not plan to use his remaining cap space on free agents. He'd rather use it more creatively in a trade, hopefully for Kessel.

If he did sign him (which i highly doubt it) i think you'd see him move a few D'men and maybe even stajan for just picks.

MVR for a 2nd
Stajan for a 2nd + 3rd.

That would clear lots of cap room (not that you'd need it to sign Max, he won't be getting a big contract)

Ratboy 08-23-2009 03:19 PM

What is the consensus on Afinogenov? Is it work ethic, character, heart, drive?

He seems like one of those guys that if he ever put it all together he could be very dangerous.

2005-06 Buffalo Sabres NHL 77 22 51 73 84 18 3 5 8 10
2006-07 Buffalo Sabres NHL 56 23 38 61 66 15 5 4 9 6
2007-08 Buffalo Sabres NHL 56 10 18 28 42 -- -- -- -- --
2008-09 Buffalo Sabres NHL 48 6 14 20 20 -- -- -- -- --

Two good seasons, then two crappy ones. Hrm. Which is the true Maxim?

leafspring* 08-23-2009 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reclaiming93 (Post 20855056)
What is the consensus on Afinogenov? Is it work ethic, character, heart, drive?

He seems like one of those guys that if he ever put it all together he could be very dangerous.

2005-06 Buffalo Sabres NHL 77 22 51 73 84 18 3 5 8 10
2006-07 Buffalo Sabres NHL 56 23 38 61 66 15 5 4 9 6
2007-08 Buffalo Sabres NHL 56 10 18 28 42 -- -- -- -- --
2008-09 Buffalo Sabres NHL 48 6 14 20 20 -- -- -- -- --

Two good seasons, then two crappy ones. Hrm. Which is the true Maxim?

Average his two fifty six game seasons, and thats him. I like him,but he has to be willing to put his 2 way game together to be his best. Still a good p[layer.

overnath 08-23-2009 03:31 PM

would love it, I think he can bounce back... I'm sure his contract would only be around 1m or less per yr. Worth taking a chance in my opinion

Jerkini 08-23-2009 03:32 PM

I watched parts of that match last night and jesus Sharapova is ridiculous. :amazed: :thumbu:

LeafErikson* 08-23-2009 03:32 PM

I can't see there being much interest.

ugotmybeef* 08-23-2009 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reclaiming93 (Post 20855056)
What is the consensus on Afinogenov? Is it work ethic, character, heart, drive?

He seems like one of those guys that if he ever put it all together he could be very dangerous.

2005-06 Buffalo Sabres NHL 77 22 51 73 84 18 3 5 8 10
2006-07 Buffalo Sabres NHL 56 23 38 61 66 15 5 4 9 6
2007-08 Buffalo Sabres NHL 56 10 18 28 42 -- -- -- -- --
2008-09 Buffalo Sabres NHL 48 6 14 20 20 -- -- -- -- --

Two good seasons, then two crappy ones. Hrm. Which is the true Maxim?

flashy, always buzzing. Just dumb hockey sense. Work ethic was never the problem.

ugotmybeef* 08-23-2009 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerkini (Post 20855166)
I watched parts of that match last night and jesus Sharapova is ridiculous. :amazed: :thumbu:

Hands off. :sarcasm:

Riddarn 08-23-2009 03:34 PM

Ahh.. I think Burke should go for an all russian speaking top 6 and only americans in the bottom 6. Then mix americans, french canadians, swedes and finns on the defense.

Just to mess with Don Cherry.

However I don't think Burke is interested in Afinogenov if he's as uninterested in Zherdev as he seems to be. Zherdev is kinda similar and both better and younger.

ugotmybeef* 08-23-2009 03:36 PM

I wouldn't mind giving him a tryout in training camp and see how it goes.

Anthrax442 08-23-2009 03:46 PM

Max had an injury and then for some reason he was dropped from the first 2 lines. He has played very little in the lst 2 years. He has the wheels and the hands, but not sure about his brain, cojones and willingness to take the beating going to the net.

What do u guys think? 1.5 mil for 1 year as a trial?

Anthrax442 08-23-2009 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riddarn (Post 20855185)
However I don't think Burke is interested in Afinogenov if he's as uninterested in Zherdev as he seems to be. Zherdev is kinda similar and both better and younger.

Zherdev wants a big purse. Max is at the point where he wants to stay in NHL and will work to get a deal.

ugotmybeef* 08-23-2009 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anthrax442 (Post 20855285)
Max had an injury and then for some reason he was dropped from the first 2 lines. He has played very little in the lst 2 years. He has the wheels and the hands, but not sure about his brain, cojones and willingness to take the beating going to the net.

What do u guys think? 1.5 mil for 1 year as a trial?

training camp invite?

Anthrax442 08-23-2009 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ugotmybeef (Post 20855373)
training camp invite?

I wouldn't mind. I mean there's nothing to lose.

TheRussianRocket 08-23-2009 04:08 PM

He's exactly the kind of player that needs the pomp of the Maple Leafs market to get him motivated to play.

If i played in Buffalo, i would be bored too.

Ratboy 08-23-2009 04:13 PM

Alright so, Maxim training camp invite?

Yay or nay?

Anthrax442 08-23-2009 04:22 PM

Do it


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:40 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.