HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Devils 5 Boston 2 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=67480)

GBailey93 04-03-2004 04:02 PM

Devils 5 Boston 2

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?yy=...3&gameStatus=2

:help:

Pontifex Maximus* 04-03-2004 04:02 PM

Standings are still too confusing to look at.

swflyers8* 04-03-2004 04:05 PM

We are now back in 6th, Sens in second, Devils third. Boston 4th and Leafs 5th?

dedalus 04-03-2004 04:21 PM

More than standings, the Devils' play is what is so impressive. They're genuinely gearing up for the playoffs. I don't know if there's another team in the league that loves Spring as much as that team.

They're hitting stride at exactly the right time.

Toonces 04-03-2004 04:38 PM

I watched the game, the Devils kicked booty.

FlyersGuy69 04-03-2004 05:37 PM

it's really incredible how the Devils are getting stronger heading into the playoffs and we seem like were falling apart.
every *** year this happens! :banghead:

PitthockeyFan 04-03-2004 07:27 PM

Brodeur

Actually I wasnt terribly impressed with the Devils.

I was impressed with Brodeur though as the Bruins had a lot of good shots. I do not see the Devils winning without Stevens being close to 100%.

Classic Devil 04-03-2004 07:38 PM

Frankly, I'm really looking forward to the pending Flyer/Devils series. It should be a lot of fun to watch - the rivalry reborn, twice as brutal as before. ;)

The Devils are really, really getting their game in gear. This team is playing as well as they have all season, and no matter what everyone does, no one seems to be able to contain the Elias-Gomez-Gionta show. They've been totally dominative, and the rest of the team is really playing to their potential. The only thing that scares me is injuries - Langenbrunner and Rasmussen both left the game early and Stevenson was limping. Rafalski will return tomorrow though. I think that Langs and Rass were both taken out as a precautionary measure - they should be ready for the playoffs.

Even without Stevens, I am confident in NJ. I can't WAIT for the playoffs. :) We'll see you there.

On our ice, of couse. :joker:

GKJ 04-03-2004 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyersGuy69
it's really incredible how the Devils are getting stronger heading into the playoffs and we seem like were falling apart.
every *** year this happens! :banghead:

Let's not forget, as soon as 2 weeks ago, the Flyers had a 7 point lead. The Flyers have no one to blame but themselves. The same team that all season said they HAD to win the division.

dedalus 04-03-2004 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
The Flyers have no one to blame but themselves. The same team that all season said they HAD to win the division.

But it's okay now, because Hitch is saying that they no longer need to win the division.

Personally IMO the whole winning-the-division thing is over rated. the Devils won their '00 Cup without winning the division. There have been plenty of teams who've made it to the Finals without winning their division. Either you're good enough or you're not.

Toonces 04-03-2004 08:54 PM

Arn't the Devils the only team to ever win the cup with a playoff seed lower than #5? Or was it the only team to ever win it without having home ice in any round?

Classic Devil 04-03-2004 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toonces
Arn't the Devils the only team to ever win the cup with a playoff seed lower than #5? Or was it the only team to ever win it without having home ice in any round?

Without ever having home ice.

Taylor21 04-03-2004 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flame_Star_Devil
Without ever having home ice.

Toonces 04-03-2004 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe1-Lou2

Thought so.

GKJ is right as usual, this team blew the Division. They could still squeak in there but it will be because of other teams misfourtunes.

I'm begining to think this orginization has some attitude problems, and it's not just the players. Hitch should be sitting players if they don't play hard every night, injuries be damned.

John Flyers Fan 04-03-2004 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dedalus
Personally IMO the whole winning-the-division thing is over rated. the Devils won their '00 Cup without winning the division. There have been plenty of teams who've made it to the Finals without winning their division. Either you're good enough or you're not.

Agreed.

Just take a look at the two previous Flyers-Devils series.

The home team is 3-10 in the 13 games.
Flyers are 1-6 at home.
Devils are 2-4 at home.

The Seeker 25 04-04-2004 08:11 AM

Other than the horrible fact that they floundered the lead away, and in such a short period, I really don't think it's that bad of a thing to open up on the road against the Devs. Think of how many times we have had a series open up at home, and there just seems like there is such an excruciating pressure to HAVE TO WIN the 1st two, or you lose the home ice that they had struggled so hard to acheive.

For the psyche of this team, which may be very fragile right now anyway with the way they have been playing, opening in the swamp might be what they need to get their heads out of their butts.

Classic Devil 04-04-2004 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
Agreed.

Just take a look at the two previous Flyers-Devils series.

The home team is 3-10 in the 13 games.
Flyers are 1-6 at home.
Devils are 2-4 at home.

Remember what NJ did at home last season during the playoffs, though - we only lost one game. Home Ice does make a difference.

GoneFullHextall 04-05-2004 02:31 PM

Devils were impressive but no Joe Thornton, Raycroft gave up an incredibily weak goal on the first one. on top of that the Bruins were horrible in there own zone and took 8 penalties. at least 6 of them very foolish, stupid penalties.
Bruins bounced back with a win sunday that helped the Flyers out thankfully.