HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Need semi-urgent reply regarding helmet/visor (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=676014)

Saved* 08-28-2009 01:53 PM

Need semi-urgent reply regarding helmet/visor

Hi.

I have to replace my visor tonight before a game or I can't play, and I'm running out of time so here we go.

I had to take my visor off my helmet, easy right? Well, you know the J-Clips? They have 4 holes and you can screw two bolts into each clip that goes into the helmet. In the helmet there's two loose nuts that stick through the ear protector and out of those two holes.

When I took off my visor, 3 of the 4 total nuts on both sides of the helmet fell out and rolled underneath a bench that cannot be picked up and cleaned out.

Brings me to my question:

I'm looking at buying a Bauer HS22 straight cut tonight before my game and I was wondering the following:

Does it come with the nuts to connect it to my Bauer 4500, and if it doesnt, does anyone have any idea what I could do to remedy my problem? The nuts I'm talking about came with the helmet in the first place, already installed, but they're loose and just.. fell out when I took the j-clips off.

If I didn't explain clearly, sorry, just let me know and I'll try to explain better.

Saved* 08-28-2009 02:00 PM

Think I figured it out; called the store, they seem to think they have some. I'll check back if they don't.

CanadaBacon 08-28-2009 02:03 PM

Home Depot, Rona, Home hardware, Canadian Tire etc etc

Saved* 08-28-2009 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadaBacon (Post 20910080)
Home Depot, Rona, Home hardware, Canadian Tire etc etc

The piece im looking for is not sold there. It's a specialty nut that fits into a socket that is special to bauer helmets.

CanadaBacon 08-28-2009 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rented Mule (Post 20910962)
The piece im looking for is not sold there. It's a specialty nut that fits into a socket that is special to bauer helmets.

You would be surprised what they have that will fit.

Have done it NUMEROUS times.

SERE 24 08-28-2009 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadaBacon (Post 20911420)

Disagree...

I have never found the piece the OP is talking about in ANY hardware store. However, the proshop at any good rink should have them.

Hockeyfan68 08-28-2009 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rented Mule (Post 20910962)

I recently bought a Bauer HS22 prowave straightcut visor and it came with everything I needed for my Bauer helmet. Spacers and nuts .... everything.

Don't worry yourself too much about it.

Saved* 08-28-2009 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hockeyfan68 (Post 20915336)
I recently bought a Bauer HS22 prowave straightcut visor and it came with everything I needed for my Bauer helmet. Spacers and nuts .... everything.

Don't worry yourself too much about it.

Yup! I got there and the proshop did have what I need, and on top of that, the visor came with the pieces I needed.

BTW, The HS22 Straight cut is different than the Prowave. The prowave has a wavy cut to it instead of the straight that the straight cut. You must have the HS22 Prowave. That it a nice visor.

The optics are a little strange. Very clear but at the same time, it will take some time to get used to.

Saved* 08-28-2009 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadaBacon (Post 20911420)

Yeah, I don't doubt you found a nut to jeri rig into it, but I would like to be as safe as possible, and use the proper nuts. They cannot be bought at a regular hardware store. It is special to bauer helmets.

CanadaBacon 08-28-2009 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rented Mule (Post 20916404)
Yeah, I don't doubt you found a nut to jeri rig into it, but I would like to be as safe as possible, and use the proper nuts. They cannot be bought at a regular hardware store. It is special to bauer helmets.

I figured since you had a game tonight, playing the game was more important then using the exact nut.

I dont really give a **** about being safe when i play so i am probably not the best person to listen to anyway. :p:

deanosaur 08-29-2009 03:06 PM

Wait. You're looking to buy a visor and wondering if it comes with the nuts and such to actually attach it?
Answer is yes, atleast it should anyways. I've never heard of buying a visor that didn't come with the proper accessories to attach it.

Heat McManus 08-29-2009 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deangamblin (Post 20921913)
Wait. You're looking to buy a visor and wondering if it comes with the nuts and such to actually attach it?
Answer is yes, atleast it should anyways. I've never heard of buying a visor that didn't come with the proper accessories to attach it.

I've had friends get visors online only to find it came without the hardware. All of them are shipped to retailers with hardware, but sometimes they're cannibalized.

Those nuts are not really special to Bauer helmets. Whatever works, works. You can find many, many screws that will do the job.

It's losing the spacers that suck.

Hockeyfan68 08-29-2009 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rented Mule (Post 20916357)
Yup! I got there and the proshop did have what I need, and on top of that, the visor came with the pieces I needed.

BTW, The HS22 Straight cut is different than the Prowave. The prowave has a wavy cut to it instead of the straight that the straight cut. You must have the HS22 Prowave. That it a nice visor.

The optics are a little strange. Very clear but at the same time, it will take some time to get used to.

I have this one.

The package says "HS22 Straight". I thought the "Prowave" name was the name of the line and they had 4 different versions mine being the HS22 Straight. I guess not ...

I guess you learn something new everyday. :handclap:

http://www.hockeystopohio.com/Bauer/...0hs22str_b.jpg

Saved* 08-29-2009 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hockeyfan68 (Post 20922264)
I have this one.

The package says "HS22 Straight". I thought the "Prowave" name was the name of the line and they had 4 different versions mine being the HS22 Straight. I guess not ...

I guess you learn something new everyday. :handclap:

http://www.hockeystopohio.com/Bauer/...0hs22str_b.jpg

That is the one I have as well. yeah, HS22 straight cut. The prowave is the wavy (goofy) looking one.

Nice visor.

Gunnar Stahl 30 08-29-2009 06:51 PM

yea thast a great visor, i have a straight cut on an 8k. i love taht combo, its so nice

deanosaur 08-29-2009 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heat McManus (Post 20922140)
I've had friends get visors online only to find it came without the hardware. All of them are shipped to retailers with hardware, but sometimes they're cannibalized.

Those nuts are not really special to Bauer helmets. Whatever works, works. You can find many, many screws that will do the job.

It's losing the spacers that suck.

That's why I don't buy online :nod: