HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Michael Ryder (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=67727)

sjmapleleafsfan 04-04-2004 11:55 AM

Michael Ryder

Congratulations to Bonavista, Newfoundland native Michael Ryder on a great 2003-2004 Regular Season (GP 81, G 25, A 38, Pts 63, +/- +10, PIM 26).

sjmapleleafsfan

Traitor8 04-04-2004 12:10 PM

That's great, isn't that something, we get a great top 6 player that we didn't expect to get. Now let's hope for similar seasons for guys like Kastsitsyn and Perezhogin and a pitkanen like season for Hainsey to build into the futur.

didjuicythat 04-04-2004 12:18 PM

Mike is simply amazing.
He just gets better every game he plays.
In my opinion, he is becoming a model on the ice for his teammates for his hard work.

Congrats Mike, you deserve the Calder, forget about the hype about Raycroft, you are the man and every single Habs fan knows it.

:handclap:

felixd 04-04-2004 12:35 PM

Guy Caballero posted an interesting stat in the game thread:

Ryder has more points than Alfredsson or Samsonov in their rookie seasons and has just a few less points than Heatley. :bow:

prabak11 04-04-2004 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by felixd
Guy Caballero posted an interesting stat in the game thread:

Ryder has more points than Alfredsson or Samsonov in their rookie seasons and has just a few less points than Heatley. :bow:

so it doesnt mean anything!

Vicious 04-04-2004 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prabby
so it doesnt mean anything!

Those guys won the calder in their rookie season.

BLONG7 04-04-2004 01:08 PM

Ryder has had an excellent season... he has been very consistant, rarely going into slumps, and is one of a few on the Habs that will go to the net and pick up the garbage, and when he has a chance he will shoot! The Calder will be close, with the votes being split between he and Raycroft... it will be very close. Ryder seems to be taking all the sucess in stride and wants to continue to play well in the playoffs, he seems to be the real deal!

Boardish 04-04-2004 01:09 PM

Two thumbs up to Ryder! :handclap:

oli500 04-04-2004 01:19 PM

Truly an awsome find for the habs. I wouldent be surprise if ryder won the rocket richard trophy within 3 years from now because his shot is amazing.

Im didicating my 500 post to Micheal Ryder. :handclap: :yo:

EaGLE1 04-04-2004 01:56 PM

This guy should score about 30 goals a year and get 75 points in the future!!!

tnq 04-04-2004 02:24 PM

he reminds me of Daniel Alfredson :)

felixd 04-04-2004 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tnq
he reminds me of Daniel Alfredson :)

Me too! :handclap: That's why I used the :bow: smiley in my first post! Ryder rules!

fufonzo 04-04-2004 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oli500
Truly an awsome find for the habs. I wouldent be surprise if ryder won the rocket richard trophy within 3 years from now because his shot is amazing.

Im didicating my 500 post to Micheal Ryder. :handclap: :yo:

I dunno, Rick Nash is 19 and has the most goals in the league (with Kovalchuck who is also younger than Ryder) . I think winning the rocket richard trophy is a little far fetched. Calder's a start anyways! Go Mikey! :banana:

montreal 04-04-2004 03:29 PM

His wrist shot is just sick. Damn can he get it off in a hurry, and he finds a way to get into prime scoring position. :jump:

Mooch 04-04-2004 03:35 PM

He reminds a bit of Gary Roberts. It would awsome if he could become a simular player.

Congrats Mike on an outstanding, yet very unexpected, season.

jonny5 04-04-2004 03:55 PM

Really great season for Ryder, 63pts. He sure sets examples with his work ethic. He will surely be one of three candidates for the Calder. Everyone thinks Raycroft is a shoe-in, but if the writers take a careful look, it could be close. Today Raygroft won again, but he only had to face 14 shots. As I have said before, Raycroft has gotten a lot of support from his defence, so, on an individual basis, I think Ryder deserves the Calder due to his fantastic work ethic, consistency, and personal stats. Congratulations Michael on a great season, believed in you from the start!!! Good Luck in the playoffs!!!