HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Proposal: Heatley to Montreal (Should we be interested?) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=677294)

QuietReign 09-02-2009 04:33 PM

Heatley to Montreal (Should we be interested?)
 
Think about it.

We have 4,654,024 cap space (http://www.thehockeygm.com/mtl.html)

Trade Plecks (2.75mill), a prospect (D'Agostini, Maxwell or Chipchura) and a 1st round draft...

you can even throw in Metropolitt and save 1 Mil for a free agent D (Bouillon maybe?)


Ottawa would be getting a hell of a deal... Montreal would be a contender...

Spectaculard 09-02-2009 04:55 PM

No, just no.

Samuelson 09-02-2009 04:57 PM

There are two reasons this doesnt work
1 - Ottawa's a divisional rival. Trading us their star isn't an option
2- we have much less cap tha that (around 2 million)

Amputechture 09-02-2009 04:58 PM

You think Pleks, (D'ago, maxwell or Chips), a first and a throw in waiver pick up in Metro is a "hell of a deal" for one of the best snipers in all of hockey? Ottawa would be insane to make that deal to a division rival.

Galchenyum 09-02-2009 04:59 PM

Trades of that calibre within the division are almost impossible to make.

Daice 09-02-2009 05:00 PM

ya so basically they give us a 40-50 goal scorer for thomas ''little girl'' pleckanec and some other crap that bearely cracks up the lineup.

ya,,, keep dreaming

LyricalLyricist 09-02-2009 05:00 PM

Would Ottawa do it? No. Would I want Heatley? Yes. No question about it.

Heatley-Gomez-Gionta
Andrei-Cam-Latendresse
Sergei-Lapierre-Moen
Stewart-Chipchura-Laraque

No **** I'd want him. It ain't gonna happen though so this discussion is moot.

Mind you, if lang is offered a tryout and makes the team, cam can stay wing too and the line-up is even more insane but like I said, it's fantasy at this point. We'd have to overpay more than others because we are a division rival.

The Nightman 09-02-2009 05:03 PM

We don't have that much cap space

JHabs 09-02-2009 05:07 PM

LMAO

Oh god, thank you, I needed a good laugh today.

shamrun 09-02-2009 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jurisconsult (Post 20961735)
Think about it.

We have 4,654,024 cap space (http://www.thehockeygm.com/mtl.html)

Trade Plecks (2.75mill), a prospect (D'Agostini, Maxwell or Chipchura) and a 1st round draft...

you can even throw in Metropolitt and save 1 Mil for a free agent D (Bouillon maybe?)


Ottawa would be getting a hell of a deal... Montreal would be a contender...

i thought we were at the limit of the cap

muzion 09-02-2009 05:32 PM

this guy can't be serious :laugh:

TheCH* 09-02-2009 05:37 PM

Heatley for Gionta, Plekanec and a first.

Chris Cutter 09-02-2009 05:38 PM

O'Byrne for Heatley or nothing.

Dark4ng3l 09-02-2009 05:38 PM

Come on a trade for Heatley would probably have to be something like Andrei Kostitsyn, Sergei Kostitsyn, Tomas Plekanec and then something else with no cap hit (1st round pick, PK Subban, Webber, etc).

SpreeEndaz 09-02-2009 05:46 PM

How about Heatley for a 1st round pick + The Olympic Stadium ? It would fit well in Ottawa and it's not like we still need it.

GrumpyJ 09-02-2009 05:51 PM

Why do you guys even want Heatley?

Consider defense, or leadership in the locker room, etc...it's pretty clear Dany Heatley has an issue with playing defense in Ottawa...how would he even work under a D-heavy system like Martin's?

You guys really dig dekes and finesse over everything else...

Sparepart 09-02-2009 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daice (Post 20962047)
ya so basically they give us a 40-50 goal scorer for thomas ''little girl'' pleckanec and some other crap that bearely cracks up the lineup.

ya,,, keep dreaming


Not going to argue that its a fair deal (its obviously not, the sens get ripped). But what do you expect to get for Heatley? Teams aren't exactly lining up making offers for the guy.

Sure he's a 40-50 goal scorer in his prime. But he's putting the sens in a tough situation by demanding a trade.

The eventual return for Heatley is going to be A LOT less then what Sens fans expect (or think) they should get. I guarantee it. You better get used to the idea of a package made up of players like Plekanec and average-prospects for Heatley (Maybe it will be a bit better then the proposed trade, but its not far off).

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. But I doubt it. So I think you are the one that needs to "keep dreaming"

Bring_Bak_Damphousse 09-02-2009 06:05 PM

It's already been talked about but we just don't have the cap space first off, Ottawa won't trade there superstar to a team in the same conference let alone the same division. The package we'd have to give something like A Kostitsyn, Subban, etc etc may do nothing more than handcuff us in the future. Think of the lightning and the big contracts given to there top 3...because of Lecavalier, StLouis, Richards they lost there number 1 goalie and defenseman to the numbers game.

Joey 09-02-2009 06:08 PM

dude change the thread title a bit man, I know it says Proposal but the first ****ing thing that pops out when i came here was *HEATLEY TO MONTREAL*

for ****s sake man

TheCH* 09-02-2009 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmiller010 (Post 20962512)
Why do you guys even want Heatley?

Consider defense, or leadership in the locker room, etc...it's pretty clear Dany Heatley has an issue with playing defense in Ottawa...how would he even work under a D-heavy system like Martin's?

You guys really dig dekes and finesse over everything else...

Because he is one of the best goal scorers in the game.

QuietReign 09-02-2009 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joey (Post 20962660)
dude change the thread title a bit man, I know it says Proposal but the first ****ing thing that pops out when i came here was *HEATLEY TO MONTREAL*

for ****s sake man

I understand everyone else's critique of my proposal. But yours is just weird, angry and confusing.

Habs10Habs 09-02-2009 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jurisconsult (Post 20963024)
I understand everyone else's critique of my proposal. But yours is just weird, angry and confusing.

There's nothing wrong with the title of this thread. The only thing I do see that is wrong is the amount of salary cap we have left. I was under the impression that we had just over 2 million left.

The Nightman 09-02-2009 06:45 PM

http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/y...Untitled-1.jpg

Habs10Habs 09-02-2009 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HABbiest (Post 20963086)

That would make one very cool avatar picture. :laugh:

PunkinDrublic* 09-02-2009 06:49 PM

Ottawa's response... :facepalm:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:55 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.