HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Hainsey (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=67763)

HabsYounGuns 04-04-2004 01:20 PM

Hainsey

I know that some posters here attend most of Bulldogs home games.. I would like to know your thoughts about how is Hainsey playing lately.. Is he getting more consistent? More reliable defensively?

Thx

montreal 04-04-2004 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HabsYounGuns
I know that some posters here attend most of Bulldogs home games.. I would like to know your thoughts about how is Hainsey playing lately.. Is he getting more consistent? More reliable defensively?

Thx

Last night he took a stupid penalty late in the 3rd when the Dogs were down 1-0. He got cross checked, so he hit the guy back and got for interference. Coaches hate to see that kind of selfish play late in a close game, especially when your trying to hold onto 1st.

I haven't been to a dogs game in 2 months, but it seems Hainsey is doing well offensively. We'll have to see what he does next year at camp.

habsfan11 04-04-2004 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by montreal
Last night he took a stupid penalty late in the 3rd when the Dogs were down 1-0. He got cross checked, so he hit the guy back and got for interference. Coaches hate to see that kind of selfish play late in a close game, especially when your trying to hold onto 1st.

I haven't been to a dogs game in 2 months, but it seems Hainsey is doing well offensively. We'll have to see what he does next year at camp.

WHat do you think are his chances of making the habs next year?

F. Duchemin 04-04-2004 02:29 PM

He will have his chance next year, it is only up to him to show good attitude and perform well.

montreal 04-04-2004 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikey_s_
WHat do you think are his chances of making the habs next year?

Not very good. If he plays like I've seen him this year, I don't think he will be on the team. Too many turnovers in his own end, bad pinches and lack of physical play in front of the net. But if he steps up like he did in last years playoffs, and works hard over the summer, he will get a look. He does have the waiver rules on his side, as he can't go to Hamilton next year without clearing waivers, so I would think he'd be traded before being sent down. A team like Pitt could get Hainsey for nothing, although they already have a similiar verison in Ryan Whitney. :lol :banana:

Traitor8 04-04-2004 03:00 PM

Hossa and Hainsey need to be put on waivers if Habs management don't want them in Montreal so I expect both of them to get a good shot at playing. Hainsey should be like Mike Komisarek this year..playing as the #7 D-man since Quintal will be gone.