HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Van/phi (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=677747)

GRIZZ 09-04-2009 08:14 AM

Van/phi

To Vancouver:
James VanRiemsdyk

To Philidelphia:
Corey Schneider ;)

Zubrus Coffee Maker 09-04-2009 08:33 AM

:facepalm: terrible, vancouver would need to add alot to this.

Zetterberg4Captain 09-04-2009 08:37 AM

come on now get real

Spongolium* 09-04-2009 08:42 AM

How about Luongo for Randy Jones?

ItsAllPartOfThePlan 09-04-2009 08:45 AM

Hasn't this been beaten to death? Is this guy even a Nucks or Flyers fan?
Posted via Mobile Device

Don Nachbaur 26 09-04-2009 08:49 AM

I think this might be the first proposal ever involving Schneider and JVR... :sarcasm:

dawkins121 09-04-2009 08:51 AM

I dunno guys this seems pretty fair to me.

Vancouver gets a great forward prospect and from what I've read on these boards, if the Flyers don't get a highly rated goalie prospect in their system soon they'll finish last in the division for the next 10 years, the team will have to be sold, and there will be rioting in the city of Philadelphia turning it into a post-apocalyptic wasteland.

Spongolium* 09-04-2009 08:53 AM

The guy is unproven. Not exactly what we need in a pressure filled enviroment in philly. I'm pretty sure thats half the reason half our goalies have crumbled. Phase in the fact that we have no playing system so to speak, and he will recieve his fair share of 35-40 shots a game

Hi-wayman 09-04-2009 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spongolium (Post 20979008)
The guy is unproven. Not exactly what we need in a pressure filled enviroment in philly. I'm pretty sure thats half the reason half our goalies have crumbled. Phase in the fact that we have no playing system so to speak, and he will recieve his fair share of 35-40 shots a game

Both Schnieder and JVR are unproven in the NHL, but both show great promise and are considered highly likely to be premier NHL players.

That said, even as a Canuck fan, I don't want to see this trade go through. The Canucks don't need JVR and have no roster spot open for him. We do need a competant goalie for the Moose and for call up if Luongo gets injured. Based only on Schnieder's AHL success, I would feel much more confident to have Schnieder in our goal if that happened than I would Raycroft. Raycroft is fine as a back up, but not a goalie I trust as a #1 replacement.

The Canucks also have too many near NHL ready prospects. I would not be good to add another in their age group. If and when the Canucks trade Schnieder or any of their other players, it would be better for the Canucks to go after draft picks than actual players or prospects. As it is right now, with demitra likely to go on LTIR due to his surgery this summer, the Canucks do not have to make any trade to clear cap until he is ready to return and even then we will only need to waive a bottom six forward to meet cap.

Zim 09-04-2009 09:53 AM

I don't understand this idea that Schneider is worth so much, i mean what is the best return a goaltender prospect has ever returned? I see quite a few Vancouver fans looking for a top-6 forward for him, most goaltender prospects are lucky to return a 2nd.

AC Le Rock 09-04-2009 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItsAllPartOfThePlan (Post 20978956)
Posted via Mobile Device

Exactly - this is ridiculous, old, tiring, just stop already with the JVR/Schneider thing. It's not even a good idea especially considering JVR's value >>>>>>>>>>> Schneider ESPECIALLY after Luongo gets 12 years.

Matata 09-04-2009 10:14 AM

Schneider for Phaneuf. I'm so topical and edgy.

captainpaxil 09-04-2009 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawkins121 (Post 20979000)
I dunno guys this seems pretty fair to me.

Vancouver gets a great forward prospect and from what I've read on these boards, if the Flyers don't get a highly rated goalie prospect in their system soon they'll finish last in the division for the next 10 years, the team will have to be sold, and there will be rioting in the city of Philadelphia turning it into a post-apocalyptic wasteland.

lol true. aside from the fact that they drafted 2 this year and signed another we dont have any goalies :sarcasm: a year ago this deal was tilted the nucks way and now that thier values have continued the trend its just ridiculous.

Zubrus Coffee Maker 09-04-2009 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hi-wayman (Post 20979407)

That said, even as a Canuck fan, I don't want to see this trade go through. The Canucks don't need JVR and have no roster spot open for him. We do need a competant goalie for the Moose and for call up if Luongo gets injured. Based only on Schnieder's AHL success, I would feel much more confident to have Schnieder in our goal if that happened than I would Raycroft. Raycroft is fine as a back up, but not a goalie I trust as a #1 replacement.

its been widely considered JVR needs a year of seasoning in the AHL.

Kagee* 09-04-2009 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItsAllPartOfThePlan (Post 20978956)
Posted via Mobile Device

agreed
Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Fletcher 29 (Post 20978989)
I think this might be the first proposal ever involving Schneider and JVR... :sarcasm:

lol

Please stop the JVR for CS proposals!!!!!!!!!:help:

y2kcanucks 09-04-2009 10:58 AM

I think this deal just makes so much sense for both teams. Vancouver would probably have to add a little bit. To be honest though, I'd be totally fine with adding as high as Michael Grabner to the mix (Philly could reunite Grabner with Nodl).

eklunds source 09-04-2009 11:00 AM

Please stop including Schneider in trade proposals! He has little to no value right now, and we need a backup for the next few years, and we have ZERO goaltending depth after Schneider!

BillyShoe1721 09-04-2009 11:16 AM

The trade return you get for unproven goaltending prospects is not equal to James vanRiemsdyk. This has been beaten to death, and the Flyers are not trading JVR.

AC Le Rock 09-04-2009 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 (Post 20980347)
The trade return you get for unproven goaltending prospects is not equal to James vanRiemsdyk. This has been beaten to death, and the Flyers are not trading JVR.

Especially when you trade a top six player away along with 3 first rounders (Sbisa is included in that) and a conditional.

Ya let's trade our OTHER top prospect...:shakehead

Moore Money 09-04-2009 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matata (Post 20979665)
Schneider for Phaneuf. I'm so topical and edgy.

no thanks, we don't need over paid bums

Ched Brosky 09-04-2009 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zim (Post 20979464)
I don't understand this idea that Schneider is worth so much, i mean what is the best return a goaltender prospect has ever returned? I see quite a few Vancouver fans looking for a top-6 forward for him, most goaltender prospects are lucky to return a 2nd.

Tuuka Rask returned Andrew Raycroft who at the time of the trade was coming off a season where he won rookie of the year i believe and Rask was way more unproven at that time then Schnieder is now.

Blane Youngblood 09-04-2009 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silverback91 (Post 20980782)
Tuuka Rask returned Andrew Raycroft who at the time of the trade was coming off a season where he won rookie of the year i believe and Rask was way more unproven at that time then Schnieder is now.

The Bruins were shopping Raycroft for a 1st and ended up with Rask because TO wanted to trade Rask more then their 1st (due to Pogge being seen as their top goalie prospect...guess that worked out well).

iceless 09-04-2009 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AC Le Rock (Post 20979633)
Exactly - this is ridiculous, old, tiring, just stop already with the JVR/Schneider thing. It's not even a good idea especially considering JVR's value >>>>>>>>>>> Schneider ESPECIALLY after Luongo gets 12 years.

We can agree on one thing... these proposals are tiring.

But as for JVR having more value than C. Schneider? Get real.
Both are unproven, and both are highly touted prospects for their respective positions. Stop looking at the draft position, they both have similar ceilings of potential.

Ched Brosky 09-04-2009 12:22 PM

okay so would Philly fans trade JVR for Rask?

Bobby Lou 09-04-2009 12:25 PM

Both Gillis and Gillman have said Schneider will most likely not be moved this year. Vancouver's management is anything but stupid; they know they need to get this kid 15-20 games worth of NHL ice this year, and trade him at the deadline in a package or else next offseason.