HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Tjutin 13 on Prospect list (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=67778)

Yorkie 04-04-2004 01:53 PM

Tjutin 13 on Prospect list

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...readed&order=0

ECL 04-04-2004 01:58 PM

Nice to see Sully at #20 also.

Skroob* 04-04-2004 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reveille
Nice to see Sully at #20 also.

"The 20-year-old native of Izhevsk, Russia has turned in a mostly solid performance for the Blueshirts since his recall"

Man, is that an understatement. Though its more of a reflection of the team around him than anything else, Fedor has been just about our best blueliner since Leetch was traded.

Pens Fan 04-04-2004 07:41 PM

It is great to see Fedor up there. Happily surprised to see him ranked over Grebeshkov but it is a good testiment to him. Any Chance that the HF site for NYR gets updated with new rankings. I sure hope so, i love the new prospects...Balej, Kondratiev, Umberger (maybe), Pock Things arent so blue in the future for the Blueshirts in my opinion.

dumpsathernow* 04-04-2004 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pens Fan
It is great to see Fedor up there. Happily surprised to see him ranked over Grebeshkov but it is a good testiment to him. Any Chance that the HF site for NYR gets updated with new rankings. I sure hope so, i love the new prospects...Balej, Kondratiev, Umberger (maybe), Pock Things arent so blue in the future for the Blueshirts in my opinion.

one thing i would like to know is why when juris stals looked good in camp at the begining of the 03-04 season he wasnt given a shot at all with the big club , we should have sent lundmark somewhere and brought up stals in center, his natural position. i think the ones we doubt will be our big playes they dont have much confidence in stals i would assume i think he would do great at the nhl level i dont know why i just do

RangersFan 04-04-2004 09:05 PM

I know we as Ranger fans overrate our young player and prospects to an extent over the past years. But Tjutin has impressed me so much, that I don't even get pissed when JD has an on air orgasm when he talks about this kid. He's right, he is very solid, and very impressive. He has to be, outside of Joni Pitkanen, one of the top young blue liners in the league...

ECL 04-04-2004 10:47 PM

I've been saying he'd be 10-15th the whole time before this list was up and I don't think anyone agreed with me! ********!

in the hall 04-05-2004 12:49 AM

Quote:

I've been saying he'd be 10-15th the whole time before this list was up and I don't think anyone agreed with me! ********!

i thought the same but i didn't have as much confidence in the site after seeing the previous rankings

Jason MacIsaac 04-05-2004 02:15 AM

Tjutin was the best player on the rangers vs New Jersey in the last game. He is big, physical and has a really bright future. Any idea what type of offensive upside he has? He seemed to be used in front like Chara vs Philly last Saturday.

in the hall 04-05-2004 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonMacIsaac
Tjutin was the best player on the rangers vs New Jersey in the last game. He is big, physical and has a really bright future. Any idea what type of offensive upside he has? He seemed to be used in front like Chara vs Philly last Saturday.

people say he isnt flashy and wont do much on offense, i agree he isnt flashy but he is very smart and plays very simple, reminds me of leetch without the flashyness.. hes got a good shot and the smarts to set up and create chances..

Brooklyn Ranger 04-05-2004 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jay 'n skeeta
one thing i would like to know is why when juris stals looked good in camp at the begining of the 03-04 season he wasnt given a shot at all with the big club , we should have sent lundmark somewhere and brought up stals in center, his natural position. i think the ones we doubt will be our big playes they dont have much confidence in stals i would assume i think he would do great at the nhl level i dont know why i just do

You might want to check his stats before getting too worked up over why he was never called up. He has 4 goals in 60 games. He's also listed as a LW.

in the hall 04-05-2004 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
You might want to check his stats before getting too worked up over why he was never called up. He has 4 goals in 60 games. He's also listed as a LW.

and with nothing significant preceding that...

NYR2 04-06-2004 12:36 AM

Quote:

I forget where I was reading the thread, but people were arguing that Tyutin didn't deserve to be in the top 20 of some prospects list.

Where are they now? ;)

ECL 04-06-2004 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYR2
I forget where I was reading the thread, but people were arguing that Tyutin didn't deserve to be in the top 20 of some prospects list.

Where are they now? ;)

Yeah really! I feel so vindicated now lol.

NYR2 04-06-2004 02:17 AM

I was reading that thread, wanting to just go off on them. It just pissed me off so much. But I knew once Fedor came up and everyone got to see him, that he would prove them all wrong. :thumbu:

NYR2 04-06-2004 02:41 AM

Heh, found it.

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=50559

He has a shot at the NHL. :lol

EAT YOUR WORDS, PEOPLE! :banana:

Brooklyn Ranger 04-06-2004 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYR2

Where are they now? ;)

Seems to me that thread (link posted above) doesn't prove anything. There's one poster there who was very skeptical of Tyutin and the rest were either very supportive of Tyutin or too worn out by the last 7 years to have any hope they would ever get to see a solid prospect--which most people here have believed he is--develop into an impact player with the Rangers.

I am finding it very hard to get excited about seeing this current crop of prospects develop. With quotes from Jagr and others arging for more (new and improved no doubt :mad: ) veterans, I'm not even convinced that Sather has changed is plans or even if there actually is a plan. Tyutin is a fine young player, who I would like to see get enough playing time next season to start the climb to the next level. There's been plenty of talent here over the years, it's translating the potential these kids have had into solid NHL levels..

BigE 04-07-2004 11:52 PM

There was an argument on the TOP 50 thread on how Tyutin would be lucky to even make 35-50, if at all. I had a feeling he'd be in the top 20 and I'm glad to see that they put him there.

Although, I've said all along, I wouldn't put much stock in any of these rankings. Rankings aren't much good to anyone because they're all consensus and opinion.

ECL 04-08-2004 12:22 AM

Haha. Damnit I've been saying all along there is no way he can't make top 15!

charliemurphy 04-08-2004 05:15 AM

How are those rankings determined?

in the hall 04-08-2004 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charliemurphy
How are those rankings determined?

opinion based