HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   We are playing Boston in the 1st round (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=67786)

habsfan11 04-04-2004 02:30 PM

We are playing Boston in the 1st round

could be very fun to watch...Boston is tough

Mooch 04-04-2004 02:32 PM

Should be a great series. We are facing a young goalie though.That could be an advantage, but you never know.

Go habs Go

JOHNNY V 04-04-2004 02:34 PM

yeah baby the war of 2004 begin :joker:

Clumsyhab 04-04-2004 02:34 PM

Thornton is not in his best shape. We should hit him hard, without being dirty. A clean hard hit on the board by Begin on Thornton is what we need!

prabak11 04-04-2004 02:36 PM

so its....

tampa vs isles
boston vs montreal :eek: :help:
philly vs nj
ottawa vs toronto :lol

wow

YEMELIN74 04-04-2004 02:40 PM

does anyone knows when the schedule of that serie will be known??
cause i have 2 tickets for game 3

Zednik 04-04-2004 02:43 PM

4 good series in the East this year ! Damn, I'm going to fail my session at university :banghead:

pblc 04-04-2004 02:46 PM

So...we meet again.

Bruins fan here. Looks like we meet again. I know things will get pretty heated here (and at the Bruins board), before its all said and done so before that happens, let me just say that I hope for the following:

1) A hard fought, but clean series. Hopefully neither side sustains any injuries, and hopefully both teams can have full, healthy lineups (or as near as possible).

2) Good officiating. Lets have the games decided by the teams and not the zebras.

Thats about it.

May the better team win.

See ya.

RaTcine 04-04-2004 02:47 PM

This is by far the most exciting match ups that I remember for the playoffs...

I wanted the Habs to play against Boston, that's great...
Thornton is not top shape, that could be good for us..

I hope to see Kovalev on the first line with Saks and Zednik...

and I wonder if Perreault will play, cause we'll need him to win key face-offs!!

Bill McNeal 04-04-2004 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clumsyhab
Thornton is not in his best shape. We should hit him hard, without being dirty. A clean hard hit on the board by Begin on Thornton is what we need!

I wouldn't mind a couple of dirty hits ;)

Mooch 04-04-2004 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caper
Bruins fan here. Looks like we meet again. I know things will get pretty heated here (and at the Bruins board), before its all said and done so before that happens, let me just say that I hope for the following:

1) A hard fought, but clean series. Hopefully neither side sustains any injuries, and hopefully both teams can have full, healthy lineups (or as near as possible).

2) Good officiating. Lets have the games decided by the teams and not the zebras.

Thats about it.

May the better team win.

See ya.

Agreed with those two points.

Good luck to ya guys, your gona need it!

LOL!

ShootOut 04-04-2004 02:49 PM

I expect a lot of battles, crusades, jihads, and preventive invasions going on during the few next days. :)

Clumsyhab 04-04-2004 02:49 PM

Here are the possible dates of Mtl-Boston playoffs:

Match 1: Wednesday 7
Match 2: Friday 9
Match 3: Sunday 11/Monday 12
Match 4: Monday 12/Tuesday 13

Source: CKAC

RaTcine 04-04-2004 02:49 PM

Quote:

Bruins fan here.

Good luck, enemy.

Raider917 04-04-2004 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Albino
I wouldn't mind a couple of dirty hits ;)

it will start on wednesday RDS said. maybe, if the toronto-ottawa series starts on thursday, we will get to see the whole bos-mtl series on CBC in english.

Mooch 04-04-2004 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clumsyhab
Here are the possible dates of Mtl-Boston playoffs:

Match 1:

uhhhhh, i think you forgot something or did you just drop dead?

NHLcrazy 04-04-2004 02:52 PM

Quote:

clean series. Hopefully neither side sustains any injuries

Tell that to Thornton and Gill..... ;)

chicpea* 04-04-2004 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShootOut
I expect a lot of battles, crusades, jihads, and preventive invasions going on during the few next days. :)

Don't forget fatwas, intifadas and pogroms.

Mooch 04-04-2004 02:54 PM

So when does Toronto play then. Thursday?

Traitor8 04-04-2004 02:57 PM

Toronto vs Ottawa: Game 1 on Thursday and Game 2 on Saturday
Boston vs Montreal: Game 1 on Wednesday and Game 2 on Friday

No 1st round matchup can go past April 19th according to RDS

Mooch 04-04-2004 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Komisarek8
Toronto vs Ottawa: Game 1 on Thursday and Game 2 on Saturday
Boston vs Montreal: Game 1 on Wednesday and Game 2 on Friday

No 1st round matchup can go past April 19th according to RDS

Thanks, thats great. I get to watch both the Tor and mon series. Both are gona be awsome series.

I guess nothing but hockey now for the next few weeks!

prabak11 04-04-2004 03:02 PM

no hockey on a saturday? :eek: :shakehead :help:

Mooch 04-04-2004 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prabby
no hockey on a saturday? :eek: :shakehead :help:

Toronto vs Ottawa sat, and many more games.

How is thereno hockey?

LOL!

pblc 04-04-2004 03:11 PM

Oh........and I forgot to add that I should not be held responsible for anything nasty, or rude that I may say during the course of the series as I will have a condition known as Playoffus Feveritis.....which is characterized by a complete loss of the ability to think rationally....the afflicted person may often times display sometimes antisocial behavior even when he/she is not normally prone to this sort of thing........other symptoms are extreme mood swings from soaring highs to sweeping lows, depending on the success (or lack thereof) of their team. Ask my wife she will attest to this :)

So far there is no cure for this ailment........but there is speculation that the yearly symptoms can be alleviated (though not entirely eliminated) by a long playoff run..........unfortunately I have not had access to the prescribed treatment, for quite a while. :cry: So until such time as I can successfully receive the proper medication, I trust that the mods will keep anyone afflicted with this condition (including myself) in line if the symptoms become too severe.

Mooch 04-04-2004 03:12 PM

Quote:

Oh........and I forgot to add that I should not be held responsible for anything nasty, or rude that I may say during the course of the series as I will have a condition known as Playoffus Feveritis.....which is characterized by a complete loss of the ability to think rationally....the afflicted person may often times display sometimes antisocial behavior even when he/she is not normally prone to this sort of thing........other symptoms are extreme mood swings from soaring highs to sweeping lows, depending on the success (or lack thereof) of their team. Ask my wife she will attest to this :)

So far there is no cure for this ailment........but there is speculation that the yearly symptoms can be alleviated (though not entirely eliminated) by a long playoff run..........unfortunately I have not had access to the prescribed treatment, for quite a while. :cry: So until such time as I can successfully receive the proper medication, I trust that the mods will keep anyone afflicted with this condition (including myself) in line if the symptoms become too severe.

Bruins suck you, you, you dumb baboon.

Oh yeah, you heard me.