HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Columbus Blue Jackets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Saw Scott Howson last night! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=678078)

RichNash61 09-05-2009 01:34 PM

Saw Scott Howson last night!

I saw Scott Howson at rad time at the Chiller North last night around 8ish. I was walking in the rink and I think his kid was playin in the rink before us. I looked back and he was comming in the door and I said to him thanks for signing Nash and Bassard. he just smiled and he just laughed and we are glad to have both guys around for may years to come.

A very nice guy!

oilsands 09-05-2009 02:15 PM

Scott is a solid GM. He was responsible for the few good deals made in E-town the last few years. Instrumental.

Palinka 09-06-2009 02:02 AM

I saw him there too. It looked like he was going to get a blueberry muffin from the snack bar, but then he thought of the following:
1) The blueberry muffin costs more than a bagel.
2) The blueberry muffin may provide a short-term jump due to the sugar content, but a bagel's complex carbohydrates will provide a longer feeling of fullness.
3) The blueberry muffin is designed to be somewhat moist; the bagel is more dry. This forces more consumption of water, which also helps with feeling full in the long run.
4) If the blueberry muffin tastes unpleasant, then the whole thing is a waste. If the bagel tastes unpleasant or bland, it can be dressed up with cream cheese or peanut butter and still cost less than the muffin. Versatility is a beautiful thing.

Of course, you don't need me to tell you he chose the bagel.

QTMcWhiskers 09-06-2009 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palinka (Post 20995811)
I saw him there too. It looked like he was going to get a blueberry muffin from the snack bar, but then he thought of the following:
2) The blueberry muffin may provide a short-term jump due to the sugar content, but a bagel's complex carbohydrates will provide a longer feeling of fullness.
3) The blueberry muffin is designed to be somewhat moist; the bagel is more dry. This forces more consumption of water, which also helps with feeling full in the long run.
4) If the blueberry muffin tastes unpleasant, then the whole thing is a waste. If the bagel tastes unpleasant or bland, it can be dressed up with cream cheese or peanut butter and still cost less than the muffin. Versatility is a beautiful thing.

Post of the off-season. :yo::handclap::):laugh::thumbu::bow::snide::rolly: :propeller:o:joker:

Double-Shift Lassť 09-06-2009 06:39 AM

Quote:

Waaiit a miinuute.

This is like a metaphor nor something, isn't it?

LaCosta Nostra 09-06-2009 07:21 AM

Quote:

But did he put anything on the bagel? Was it bland? Is he a peanut butter or cream cheese guy? Don't leave us hangin'!!!!!!!!!!!

RichNash61 09-06-2009 10:22 AM

At first I didnt get your post but thats really well thought out and funny!

LetsGOJackets!! 09-06-2009 07:53 PM

Scott Howson is much more approachable..

then most folks in like positions of sport management. I would think a guy like him, used to living in a hockey market would be wondering why more people don't approach him with ?'s and comments. He certainly has answered every question that I have asked, doesn't provide much more feedback on situations, but does always answer direct questions.

In fact I think you got it wrong on the muffin or bagel, i saw him at Timmies having a 20 pack of timbits.. assorted but mostly chocolate glazed.:D

JACKETfan 09-07-2009 12:46 PM

So now instead of stocking the team with good looking young men, he's stocking the team with breakfast foods? :shakehead Let the "Fire Howson" countdown begin ;)