HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Thornton unsure if he'll play in playoffs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=67832)

Sonik 04-04-2004 04:12 PM

Thornton unsure if he'll play in playoffs

Secret injury or just a hoax from the B's? :dunno:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=1774847

Traitor8 04-04-2004 04:30 PM

I think it's real.

You think that Bostn would bench Thornton for 2 crucial games and a chance to win the NorthEast ?

Blind Gardien 04-04-2004 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Komisarek8
I think it's real.

You think that Bostn would bench Thornton for 2 crucial games and a chance to win the NorthEast ?

I don't think there's any question that he's hurt. But I would be very surprised if he doesn't suit up, no matter the injury. If it's ribs, he'll be strapped up and wearing a flak jacket. If it's a wrist thing, he'll have it wrapped up and perhaps a mini-cast. He's skating, and he was considered a possibility for today's game.

Through all that, psychologically he has to paint a worse-case scenario. I think that's all he's doing. Call it a hoax if you want.

Gee Wally 04-04-2004 04:39 PM

it's no hoax....

what exactly is hurt though is one of the best kept secrets I've ever seen in Boston .

Karl Pilkington 04-04-2004 04:40 PM

Either way its better for the habs... if he doesn't play thats amazing. But if he plays hurt, its still better than two years ago when he was healthy and ready to go.

At least the habs dont have to worry about Bill Guerin this year.

BruinsGirl 04-04-2004 05:08 PM

Two years ago he was MORE hurt than this time. He was injuried in Atlanta and didn't play 1+ month going to the playoffs. He had shoulder surgery right after the playoffs.

Traitor8 04-04-2004 05:09 PM

Exactly

McLaren->Gonchar
Guerin->Bergeron,Nylander
Dafoe->Raycroft
Ftorek->Sullivan

so you can say they're better but I doubt Bergeron can replace the impact Guerin had.

Us:

Gilmour->Ribeiro
Petrov->Ryder
Kilger->Kovalev
Dykhuis->Bouillon
Therrien->Julien
Savard->Gainey

Traitor8 04-04-2004 05:15 PM

They habs should hit Thronto more they usual around the ribs area so we can maybe get him off his game or maybe make him take a stupid penalty because he would/could be frustrated.

Histrion 04-04-2004 05:16 PM

Quote:

Exactly

McLaren->Gonchar
Dafoe->Raycroft
Ftorek->Sullivan

so you can say they're better but I doubt Bergeron can replace the impact Guerin had.

Us:

Gilmour->Ribeiro
Petrov->Ryder
Kilger->Kovalev
Dykhuis->Bouillon
Therrien->Julien
Savard->Gainey

You forgot one:

Sheldon -> Super Sheldon.

;)

BruinsGirl 04-04-2004 05:23 PM

Quote:

They habs should hit Thronto more they usual around the ribs area so we can maybe get him off his game or maybe make him take a stupid penalty because he would/could be frustrated.

Where should we hit Souray? He sure has his weak spots, doesn't he? ;)

Traitor8 04-04-2004 05:24 PM

Well you know his weak spot and that's pretty hard to really direct ur hit at it unless it's a slash or illegal move.

WBC8 04-04-2004 05:25 PM

Not sure if they could do it for a whole series, but the team really picked it up without him today....Defending Champs needed a win on home ice to clinch the division and we SPANKED them.....13 shots on goal is all they had....

Should be interesting....

Team_Spirit 04-04-2004 05:33 PM

Quote:

Begin pissed him off last game and few shift later Thorton ran into him from the back , he's big but he don't like to be pushed ... he was even talking about retiring because there too much of this in the league .

He's not a big dominant center like Sundin and i think he can beat Boston :yo:

BruinsGirl 04-04-2004 05:35 PM

Well..I don't think it's in the Habs interests to start hitting Thornton to hurt him...
It will take alot of necessary energy out of the Habs, and we have some guys who can hit back pretty well.

Ontario Habsfan 04-04-2004 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gee Wally
it's no hoax....

what exactly is hurt though is one of the best kept secrets I've ever seen in Boston .

I'm pretty sure that it's the Ribs and not the Wrist. The only reason I say that is beacuase I saw the Bruins Trainer reaching Joe's Ribs underneath his sweater.

I'd like to hear from Bruins fans on this one... I'll go over to their forum.

VeddarRants 04-04-2004 05:51 PM

Quote:

Exactly

McLaren->Gonchar
Dafoe->Raycroft
Ftorek->Sullivan

Say what? Mclaren is not in the same league as Gonchar...

Nylander and Bergeron are better than Guerin alone...

Razor isn't a flop artist, plus he's calm on and off the ice, unlike Dafoe...

Agree on the last, mostly because Ftorek has the experience factor on Sullivan.

Don't underestimate this team... the parts we have ARE better than what we had going into the playoffs two years ago.

VeddarRants 04-04-2004 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ontario Habsfan
The only reason I say that is beacuase I saw the Bruins Trainer reaching Joe's Ribs underneath his sweater.

That sounds more like sexual harresment to me! :lol

TJF 04-04-2004 05:55 PM

Quote:

Exactly

McLaren->Gonchar
Dafoe->Raycroft
Ftorek->Sullivan

Us:

Gilmour->Ribeiro
Petrov->Ryder
Kilger->Kovalev
Dykhuis->Bouillon
Therrien->Julien
Savard->Gainey

Let's not forget that your fowards really beat up our defencemen during that series, I think Boston's D unit is a lot more solid now than it was two years ago. Two years ago these guys played against the Habs.

Sean O'Donnell
Hal Gill
Nick Boynton
Kyle McLaren
Don Sweeney
Sean Brown
Jamie Rivers
Jeff Norton
Jonathan Girard

This year it looks a lot better

Sean O'Donnell
Hal Gill
Nick Boynton
Sergei Gonchar
Dan McGillis
Jiri Slegr

With Andy Delmore and Ian Moran as depth.

Sonik 04-04-2004 05:58 PM

The best way to hurt Thornton is to score goals against him. Bottom line!