HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Islanders (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Prospect Info: Anton Klementyev (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=678868)

Bruinvasion 09-08-2009 05:49 PM

Anton Klementyev
 
Is he at the rookie camp? If so, could some of you tell me how he's playing?

Forty Six and Two 09-08-2009 06:28 PM

I believe he missed all but the last day of rookie camp due to a visa issue








46 & 2

tool123 09-08-2009 06:38 PM

Rumor has it, he will be be playing for the London Knights of the OHL this year.

Renbarg 09-08-2009 07:52 PM

Our rookie camp was last month, he had the visa issue as forty six said but he seems pretty motivated to play in the OHL. We shall see.

Bruinvasion 09-08-2009 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tool123 (Post 21019860)
Rumor has it, he will be be playing for the London Knights of the OHL this year.

Which is why I am curious.:D

Forty Six and Two 09-08-2009 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gogreenldn (Post 21020973)
Which is why I am curious.:D

Don't know what you already know about this guy, but supposedly he's strictly a stay at home dman with little offense

I'd be thrilled if he turns out like a Volchenkov

Isles72 09-09-2009 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gogreenldn (Post 21020973)
Which is why I am curious.:D

keep us up to date on his progress (once in awhile) throughout the season if he does indeed play for london

Bruinvasion 09-14-2009 06:07 PM

Sorry, but is he going to the Islanders' main camp?

It Was 4 to 1 09-14-2009 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gogreenldn (Post 21095139)
Sorry, but is he going to the Islanders' main camp?

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...ally-1.1444229

according to Katie Strang he is

Forty Six and Two 09-14-2009 07:20 PM

Training camp roster
 
http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...ster-1.1441811

Defenseman:

Calvin De Haan

Mark Flood

Bruno Gervais

Travis Harmonic

Jack Hillen

Mark Katic

Anton Klementyev

Dustin Kohn

Andrew MacDonald

Radek Martinek

Freddy Meyer

Jyri Niemi

Jared Spurgeon

Mark Streit

Andy Sutton

Brett Westgarth

Brendan Witt

Bruinvasion 09-21-2009 10:15 PM

So he hasn't played an exhibition game yet and he's still in camp. In the next batch of cuts probably?

redbull 09-21-2009 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gogreenldn (Post 21210179)
So he hasn't played an exhibition game yet and he's still in camp. In the next batch of cuts probably?

he played a game a few nights ago, don't recall the game. He didn't play much but looked pretty good - decent size, good mobility, not fancy. Just like a lot of young players, he has potential but still a few years away of continued development and improvement.

I suspect he'll be in the next round of cuts.

I think the roster's fairly set.

IMO, the only outside shots of a spot on opening night is Moulson - and even that's only because Nielsen won't be ready.

Assuming no more injuries and that Weight, Bergie, Okposo are ready for game 1, I don't think there's anyone on this roster who wasn't on the team last year (except Tavares and the goalies)

Outside shot of adding a waiver dman - just a hunch.

Sneekypete 09-26-2009 07:00 PM

per Fornabio. Klementiev signed entry level deal today
http://blog.connpost.com/fornabaio/

Renbarg 09-26-2009 07:21 PM

Don't they usually wait until mid round prospects are ready for the jump before signing them.

Does this mean he stays in Bridgeport?

CREW99AW 09-26-2009 07:41 PM

I guess his steady play earned him a contract.


http://www.russianprospects.com/publ...?player_id=756

Talent Analysis
:
A reliable defensive defenseman…right stick, plays on right side…average-to-good skating…good speed and acceleration…hard to be knocked off the puck, he has very good stability and balance on skates…can work on his agility and mobility…average technical skills…he tries to play simple and isn’t creative with the puck…doesn’t have the skills for an opening pass…relies mostly on tape-to-tape passes…playing his simple way he rarely makes errors with the puck…can release a quick shot, but has to work on it…good mental game, plays hard…strong player along the boards…good physical presence, but he must put it on ice more constantly…good overall conditioning…good defensive hockey sense, knows when to step up and when to be patient not anticipating too much…rarely off position back in the zone…knows how shadow shots, isn’t scared by the puck while defending…mainly a stay-at-home defenseman who can occasionally showcase a not bad touch…a reliable player…

Isles Junkie 09-26-2009 09:34 PM

i thought you had to be 20 to go to the AHL. he is only 19.

Titan124 09-26-2009 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle Junkie (Post 21287712)
i thought you had to be 20 to go to the AHL. he is only 19.

I think that's only if you're drafted out of the junior system. I think he can go like Bergfors did, but I could be wrong.

hgo 09-26-2009 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titan124 (Post 21287804)
I think that's only if you're drafted out of the junior system. I think he can go like Bergfors did, but I could be wrong.

This is correct. My guess is that he's going to London, though.

Sneekypete 09-26-2009 10:25 PM

If u come from across the pond there is a exception to the age rule.
There is a good chance he starts out in Bport, they have 3 or 4 banged up Dmen

Bruinvasion 09-26-2009 10:25 PM

Hopefully he comes to London.:D

Alessandro Seren Rosso 09-27-2009 11:00 AM

from www.russianprospects.com

Quote:

Anton Klementyev (New York Islanders) signed to an entry level contract

------------------------------
National Hockey League (NHL) - It looks like Anton Klementyev (New York Islanders) has been signed by his NHL team to an entry level deal. The young defenseman, who's struggling getting a spot in Lokomotiv Yaroslavl's lineup, was on the Isles training camp and has skated in some preseason matches. He's expected to start the year in the AHL, for the Bridgeport Sound Tigers.

Isles Junkie 09-27-2009 12:52 PM

well if he is going to be in London then why give him his contract now? It seems like you're just wasting 1 year of the deal.

Renbarg 09-27-2009 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle Junkie (Post 21293400)
well if he is going to be in London then why give him his contract now? It seems like you're just wasting 1 year of the deal.

No if they don't play pro for more than 9 games than he could go back down and not lose a year on the contract. However they very rarely sign non first rounders straight away to a contract.

BennyBST 09-27-2009 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle Junkie (Post 21293400)
well if he is going to be in London then why give him his contract now? It seems like you're just wasting 1 year of the deal.

I'm pretty certain that the 1st yr of the deal won't count as long as he doesn't play in 9 games or more. So I think he can play in the AHL or JR and it won't count as the 1st yr of the contract, because they would've had until 2011 to sign him and he's under the age of 20. There are 3 examples I can think of, Maksim Mayorov and Nikita Filatov of CLB and Slava Voynov of LA played pretty much a "full" season in the AHL. Their "3 yr" contract is going into effect this season because they didn't play in enough NHL games to count towards a yr of the contract. So unless if Klementyev plays 9 games for the Islanders expect his 3 yrs to start in 10-11.

Anyone correct me if I'm wrong...

hgo 09-27-2009 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BennyBST (Post 21297157)
I'm pretty certain that the 1st yr of the deal won't count as long as he doesn't play in 9 games or more. So I think he can play in the AHL or JR and it won't count as the 1st yr of the contract, because they would've had until 2011 to sign him and he's under the age of 20. There are 3 examples I can think of, Maksim Mayorov and Nikita Filatov of CLB and Slava Voynov of LA played pretty much a "full" season in the AHL. Their "3 yr" contract is going into effect this season because they didn't play in enough NHL games to count towards a yr of the contract. So unless if Klementyev plays 9 games for the Islanders expect his 3 yrs to start in 10-11.

Anyone correct me if I'm wrong...

The entry level deal can only go DOWN a year if more than 9 NHL games are played in the first year, I believe. So it could go to two years instead of three, but no more than three.

Considering Klementyev is already a year older than most 09 picks, I don't see why this is a problem. Perhaps he didn't have a CHL release clause?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:41 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.