HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Columbus Blue Jackets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Proposal: Trade Proposal: Anton Babchuk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=678873)

CBJBrassard16 09-08-2009 06:12 PM

Trade Proposal: Anton Babchuk

Yep just like I did with Ehrhoff I have jumped the gun to make another Proposal for an O dman. So put down potential trades for Babchuk or anyone else on the Canes here.

Ill start

To CBJ
Babchuk

To CAR
Chimera
Ruth
4th Rnd Pick

CBJBrassard16 09-08-2009 06:27 PM

Hey boys, Apperently the Jackets are talking with Carolina!

http://twitter.com/*************

CoachWithNoTeam 09-08-2009 06:31 PM

It's a starting point (Chimera would be the most likely to be on the move) but I wouldnt want to give up Ruth and a mid round pick for Babchuk. Teddy isnt too far off, I'd expect him to be fighting for a spot in '10-11... I'd prefer Regner instead of Ruth, but perhaps I'm too high on him... Either way, I think its a decent proposal, although I am not sure if Carolina would want to take on Chimera

CBJBrassard16 09-08-2009 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoachWithNoTeam (Post 21019788)
It's a starting point (Chimera would be the most likely to be on the move) but I wouldnt want to give up Ruth and a mid round pick for Babchuk. Teddy isnt too far off, I'd expect him to be fighting for a spot in '10-11... I'd prefer Regner instead of Ruth, but perhaps I'm too high on him... Either way, I think its a decent proposal, although I am not sure if Carolina would want to take on Chimera

If they dont want Chimer because of the money thing we can give em Regner, or Ruth and a 3rd rounder with a possibilty to become a 2nd?

CBJSprague24 09-08-2009 07:38 PM

What's the track record of that Twitter site? Accurate? Gets a few right? Eklund-esque?

To CAR:
-Defensive prospect of Carolina's choice not named John Moore.*
-2nd or 3rd

To CBJ:
-Babchuk

CBJBrassard16 09-08-2009 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBJSprague24 (Post 21020584)
What's the track record of that Twitter site? Accurate? Gets a few right? Eklund-esque?

To CAR:
-Defensive prospect of Carolina's choice not named John Moore.*
-2nd or 3rd

To CBJ:
-Babchuk

The website ************* or whatever has only 9 things wrong this whole offseason, Look at there website.

CBJSprague24 09-08-2009 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 (Post 21020637)
The website ************* or whatever has only 9 things wrong this whole offseason, Look at there website.

Yeah, I just saw that they got the Backman to Florida situation right. Good catch!

CBJBrassard16 09-08-2009 07:45 PM

Thanks, I really hope we get this guy

For all u who cant find the website its right here

http://nhlsourcessayrumortracker.blogspot.com/

Timeless Winter 09-08-2009 08:15 PM

Chimera
any 1 of Goloubef/Regner/Ruth, their choice.

ClevelandJacketFan 09-08-2009 08:20 PM

While I love what I hear of Ruth, I would trade he and Chimmer in a heartbeat for Babs. I mean, he's got a frickin cannon from the point.

CBJfan4evr 09-08-2009 08:39 PM

Klesa for Babchuk straight up

Robert 09-08-2009 08:41 PM

If anyone takes Chimera and his 1.8 million dollars they are nuts, unless we give them a real player such as Klesla or Voracek in the deal. Howson did that when he took Backman to get Tyutin and dump Zherdev..

leesmith 09-08-2009 08:51 PM

I would rather pass on getting Babchuk than trade away Goloubef, Regner, Klesla or Voracek.

CBJfan4evr 09-08-2009 08:54 PM

Klesa's game is limited. He's not the two way guy we thought he was. I'd trade Klesa for 6'5 r handed shot who can run the PP in a hearbeat. Don't forget Klesa has been very injury prone of late.

Ludicrous Speed 09-08-2009 08:55 PM

any defensive prospect outside of Regner and Moore. I'm really high on Regner and I think he can turn into the guy we're looking for. Plays well on both sides of the ice too, so he'd be a tough one to lose.

FlaggerX 09-08-2009 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leesmith (Post 21021337)
I would rather pass on getting Babchuk than trade away Goloubef, Regner, Klesla or Voracek.

Amen. Babchuk has a cannon (so does Ruth, though he's not NHL ready) but he's only had one good year and has been in and out of the minors for the past couple years. I would probably offer Ruth for him, and maybe someone else but that's Howson's job, not mine. Maybe Regner.

But Voracek? That would be just plain nuts. That boy is going to be an all-star. Mark my words.

leesmith 09-08-2009 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBJfan4evr (Post 21021360)
Klesa's game is limited. He's not the two way guy we thought he was. I'd trade Klesa for 6'5 r handed shot who can run the PP in a hearbeat. Don't forget Klesa has been very injury prone of late.

Three concerns I have:
- we are lacking in NHL caliber defensemen. Last season, we used nine. Right now, we have six, maybe seven.
- Klesla can fetch us more at the trade deadline.
- If he has the season some think he will have (we got a glimpse in the playoffs), you may not WANT to trade him. Defensemen take longer to mature.

Robert 09-08-2009 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leesmith (Post 21021337)

Before this gets out of control I simply used Klesla and Voracek as examples of the player caliber needed to be wrapped in a Chimera package... Little known prospects will not get a deal done for any player that includes Chimera.

leesmith 09-08-2009 09:02 PM

Understood Robert. Chimera is Latin for "skates of lightning, hands of stone."
BTW, I would offer Manny Malhotra a 1-2 year, two-way contract that paid him $2 million in Columbus, considerably less in the Cuse. This would get us by until we can draft, develop or trade for more center prospects.

CBJfan4evr 09-08-2009 09:05 PM

I guess we agree then. I threw Klesla's name in the mix because I also think it's going to to take a Klesla/Methot type to make this happen. I could see chimmer getting dealt for picks somewhere down the road. His salary is a real noose around our neck

FlaggerX 09-08-2009 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBJfan4evr (Post 21021492)
I guess we agree then. I threw Klesla's name in the mix because I also think it's going to to take a Klesla/Methot type to make this happen. I could see chimmer getting dealt for picks somewhere down the road. His salary is a real noose around our neck

I don't think I can agree with that. Chimmer's a "plus" third line forward, and is paid appropriately for that level of skill. But as there are lots of people with cap overloads about to enter camp everyone else also knows we have a forward logjam and would like to steal one for us.

Where in the world are Boll, Murray or Dorsett going to play if we bring up Filatov and everyone stays healthy? Which is possible, for at least the first part of this season. Where do we put Picard if he takes up where he left off last season? What about Mayorov or Sestito if they take giant leaps forward? If we see opportunity for a bargain from teams over the cap, our logjam must seem like opportunity to other GMs.

Robert 09-08-2009 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leesmith (Post 21021442)
BTW, I would offer Manny Malhotra a 1-2 year, two-way contract that paid him $2 million in Columbus, considerably less in the Cuse. This would get us by until we can draft, develop or trade for more center prospects.

I like Manny, always have, but our team is moving past what he can give us for the cost. I think Howson is looking to build this team from our depth and youth pipeline. Scott wants to build an organization not just an annual team roster as MacLean did.

My money is 'all in' on Howson doing the right thing at the right time, and that includes all aspects of the organization. Scott Howson will be here for a long time.

leesmith 09-08-2009 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert (Post 21021596)
I like Manny, always have, but our team is moving past what he can give us for the cost. I think Howson is looking to build this team from our depth and youth pipeline. Scott wants to build an organization not just an annual team roster as MacLean did.

My money is 'all in' on Howson doing the right thing at the right time, and that includes all aspects of the organization. Scott Howson will be here for a long time.

True Robert. So who are our prospects at center? Can't name 3 good ones? Make the offer to Manny. He allegedly has better offers on the table from Atlanta and Carolina, so he may not sign it anyway.

FlaggerX, teach one of them to play center or defense??? ;)

hashmarks 09-08-2009 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leesmith (Post 21021442)

...and he would laugh in your face.

There is no way Manny would accept a 2-way deal. The guy has had offers, including one from us, but has turned them down. Manny is making his own bed.

leesmith 09-08-2009 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hashmarks (Post 21021664)
...and he would laugh in your face.

There is no way Manny would accept a 2-way deal. The guy has had offers, including one from us, but has turned them down. Manny is making his own bed.

Then he can laugh his way down to Atlanta or over to Europe. I have no problem with that.