HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Who to scratch? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=68022)

dulzhok 04-05-2004 01:46 AM

Who to scratch?

(Assuming that it will be out of the following guys who've been scratched recently)

Zholtok (pick #1): I think he should definitely start on the bench. He's just kind of out there when he plays. He doesn't know our system and he doesn't look comfortable.

McKenzie (pick #2): The is my second vote for healthy scratch. Nobody on Detroit will fight him, so it's pointless to dress him for 2 or 3 minutes.

Toootoo: I think he should play in a limited role (about 5 minutes). Let him go out and stir s--t up. Let him work his penalty-drawing magic. But don't let him play any more than a limited role. I'd definitely play him over McKenzie, because Tootoo will be much more likely to be an effective enforcer/disturber against Detroit.

Arkhipov: I think Arky should play over Zholtok. He knows the system. While his offense leaves more to be desired, it's better than Zholtok. Plus, Arky's got a big body and can use it when motivated. We'll need all the muscle we can get.

Stevenson: I think he should continue to play the role he's been playing (about 10 minutes). While I was indifferent about him at first, he's worked our rather nicely. We'll need his "grind."

Defensemen:

Allison (pick #1): Is just one step behind. That step will cost us in the playoffs.

Bombardir (pick #2): Hasn't looked comfortable. Too many mistakes for being solely a "defensive defenseman." We've given him an opportunity to fit in, and he hasn't.

Hamhuis: Give him a chance. If he looks out of place in the playoffs, maybe go with Bombardir.

Hndiy: While he hasn't looked great, he's been better than Bombardir or Allison. We'll need his muscle.

York: Hasn't looked great lately either. But, we'll need his veteran presence. Hopefully he'll turn it up.

DontCallPlayersStuds 04-05-2004 01:56 AM

i agree with most of that. this is my ideal lineup

sullivan johansson walker
erat legwand orszagh
hartnell johnson hall
stevenson arkhipov/zholtok tootoo

timonen-eaton
york-hamhuis
hnidy-zidlicky

if anyone falters, bombardir can step in, and if things get rough, play big mac next game instead of arkhipov or zholtok

golfmade 04-05-2004 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids
i agree with most of that. this is my ideal lineup

sullivan johansson walker
erat legwand orszagh
hartnell johnson hall
stevenson arkhipov/zholtok tootoo

timonen-eaton
york-hamhuis
hnidy-zidlicky

if anyone falters, bombardir can step in, and if things get rough, play big mac next game instead of arkhipov or zholtok

Looks good to me.

triggrman 04-05-2004 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfmade
Looks good to me.

I don't know if you really need Hnidy in this series as much. The Wings aren't a large team but they can skate, I'd almost go with Bomber instead, tough decission either way. I'd also say play Zholtok, Arkihipov looked like crap yesterday. Zholtok between between Tootoo and Stevenson.

Eats/Kimmo
Hamhuis/York
Bomber/Zids

hillbilly 04-05-2004 08:57 AM

IMO you play Tootoo more then 5 minutes. We are gonna get pounded as it is, as much as people say Nashville is a physical team how many forwards do we actually have that take the body on a regular basis. So either some other people have to start hitting or your going to have to play Tootoo more

Boomhower 04-05-2004 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggrman
The Wings aren't a large team but they can skate

Not really... Whitney, Draper and Maltby are the only players I'd call fast. After that Datsyuk can beat you with his shifty skating but isn't fast in a traditional foot race sense, on defense Schneider and Fischer are good skaters. Everyone else on the Wings are below average or bad skaters.

(Obviously Dandy can fly, but It's questionable if he'll even be used)

Basher 04-05-2004 03:07 PM

Deveraux is fast as well, but might not see much time. In response to the originial question, "I'll show you who to scratch!" heh

triggrman 04-05-2004 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boomhower
Not really... Whitney, Draper and Maltby are the only players I'd call fast. After that Datsyuk can beat you with his shifty skating but isn't fast in a traditional foot race sense, on defense Schneider and Fischer are good skaters. Everyone else on the Wings are below average or bad skaters.

(Obviously Dandy can fly, but It's questionable if he'll even be used)

Sorry what I meant was they beat you more with a possesion game than a physical game. None of the Wings forwards scare me as far as manhandling us down low. They are a smooth skating team as a team not just as individuals. They always seem to find the opening.

Enoch 04-05-2004 03:18 PM

We are going to get killed in front of the net this series. Yzerman loves to float there, and Hull always seems to be in the slot waiting for the one - timer

:cry:

Maybe this is a reason for Hnidy?

Basher 04-05-2004 03:22 PM

Possibly, Enoch, I think his skillset works much better with our team than Bombers. Allison would be alright, but is just a really bad puck handler, and doesn't make good offensive decisions, to even give himself a chance at an assist or goal.
Shanahan does scare me a litte bit, he plays fairly physical and can find room to shoot real quick. I just hope that Eaton is put against Shanny, I think Eats can handle him alright.