HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Ottawa Senators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Sens Recall Emery (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=68059)

Dr.Sens(e) 04-05-2004 09:04 AM

Sens Recall Emery

Looks like Lalime's back might not quite be ready. At least the Sens are hedging their bets in the event it isn't...
http://www.ottawasenators.com/news/p...004/nr0405.aro

The thick plottens...

BlueAndWhite 04-05-2004 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Sens(e)

The thick plottens...

And I'm also willing to bet that the plot thickens...

SensGod 04-05-2004 09:51 AM

So I guess it's safe to assume that Lalime is no where ready to play.

We're pretty much screwed now.

Raging Bull 04-05-2004 09:52 AM

You never know. We called up Telly and we still have Kidd for some unknown reason. Maybe they just want extra insurance and want him to stick with the club.

SensGod 04-05-2004 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mogilny8989
You never know. We called up Telly and we still have Kidd for some unknown reason. Maybe they just want extra insurance and want him to stick with the club.

True enough...but it's still not a good sign

SENSfreak_03 04-05-2004 10:18 AM

reading elsewhere, lalime will be ready to go. they just want to use emery in practice, not to push lalime to hard then, and not have him re-aggrivate his injury in practice.

Quantas 04-05-2004 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SensGod
True enough...but it's still not a good sign

I don't know, I still have faith in Prusek. The only goal I somewhat blame him for is Nieuwendyk's first goal. That was a bad rebound, but other than that, he wasn't too blame.

If something happens to Prusek...then we're screwed.

Dr.Sens(e) 04-05-2004 10:27 AM

Overall, I think most people are confident in Prusek for a game or two. He is a very good back-up and relief pitcher so to speak, as he tends to step in on a part-time basis and provide great goaltending.

It's when you ask him to play three of four games in a row that the bad goals, and good start-bad start thing starts to appear.

Lalime as the starter and Prusek as the back-up should work. Prusek for game one also wouldn't be the end of the world, because I think he'd be solid and the pressure would really fall on the Leafs to take game 1. The reality is, the Sens are now the clear underdog - a role they've always floursihed under.

I'm looking forward to seeing how both teams handle it - overall, I think it'll be a great series.

Sting 04-05-2004 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Sens(e)
Overall, I think most people are confident in Prusek for a game or two. He is a very good back-up and relief pitcher so to speak, as he tends to step in on a part-time basis and provide great goaltending.

It's when you ask him to play three of four games in a row that the bad goals, and good start-bad start thing starts to appear.

Lalime as the starter and Prusek as the back-up should work. Prusek for game one also wouldn't be the end of the world, because I think he'd be solid and the pressure would really fall on the Leafs to take game 1. The reality is, the Sens are now the clear underdog - a role they've always floursihed under.

I'm looking forward to seeing how both teams handle it - overall, I think it'll be a great series.

Exactly..Prusek is good for the odd relief game. He can't handle a stretch of games though..you can really notice a difference when he plays back-to-back games or two in a row. I'm a lot more confident in Lalime now though...I think he'll be excellent for us.

TexSen 04-05-2004 12:01 PM

The B-Sens are having a real tough time this year and I really don't see why they would call Emery up and take him out of the farm when they are battling for a playoff spot, if it was just to serve as a practice goalie.

I hope for the best, I fear the worst.

BingoSensFan 04-05-2004 07:46 PM

I would be more comfortable with Prusek in goal for Game 1 than Lalime. And Game 2. And Game 3. And....

WildWestSen 04-06-2004 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexSen
The B-Sens are having a real tough time this year and I really don't see why they would call Emery up and take him out of the farm when they are battling for a playoff spot, if it was just to serve as a practice goalie.

I hope for the best, I fear the worst.

Emery made 39 saves in their overtime win last night and their next game isn't until Wednesday. They'll have plenty of time to send him back down!

The Big Rig 04-06-2004 01:55 AM

Mind games...perhaps?