HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Kings Article: Bernier Ready for Battle (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=680718)

TonySCV 09-14-2009 03:21 PM

Bernier Ready for Battle

http://www.insidesocal.com/kings/200...or-battle.html

"I don't think anybody really knows what's coming up,'' Bernier said. "We're in a big battle right now, and the best one is going to get the net.''"

I hope there's an intense competition in net and the end result is an extremely solid 1-2 tandem for the Kings this season. Great stuff.

- T

Telos 09-14-2009 03:23 PM

I love it. A tandem of Bernier and Quick would be deadly.

ernstisgreat 09-14-2009 03:29 PM

It's good to have goalies competing who are supposed to be of high caliber, with heatley coming to the sharks we're gonna need all the help we can get.

JDM 09-14-2009 03:41 PM

Erbserg looked really good to me yesterday. Fast as ever and seems to have improved on his positioning.

KingNothing4 09-14-2009 04:26 PM

Murray said Quick is definitely #1 right now and it's his spot to lose.

Hollywood 09-14-2009 05:50 PM

I don't think Murray should be saying that. When did he say this?

TonySCV 09-14-2009 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollywood (Post 21094860)
I don't think Murray should be saying that. When did he say this?

It's in the Terry Murray video clip linked elsewhere. Search the Kings Vision tags.

Until Quick demonstrates something that proves he's not capable of being #1, he's #1.

- T

Brad Doty 09-14-2009 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingNothing4 (Post 21093771)
Murray said Quick is definitely #1 right now and it's his spot to lose.

Good. Hopefully we see a POed, chip-on-his-shoulder Bernier. I think he's growing.

Or, on the flipside, I'm interested to see his reaction should he end up back in the AHL.

Hollywood 09-14-2009 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telos (Post 21092952)

With such a young team of skaters already, I couldn't possibly disagree with you anymore...
Not to say it can't be successful because it could but I think it has more of a potential to be a teambreaker. I think Bernier and Ersberg is our best hope going forward.
I have a sneeking suspicion that Lombardi will be trading one of these guys sooner than later and I hope it's Quick that gets moved but I have my doubts...

JDM 09-14-2009 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollywood (Post 21095067)
With such a young team of skaters already, I couldn't possibly disagree with you anymore...
Not to say it can't be successful because it could but I think it has more of a potential to be a teambreaker. I think Bernier and Ersberg is our best hope going forward.
I have a sneeking suspicion that Lombardi will be trading one of these guys sooner than later and I hope it's Quick that gets moved but I have my doubts...

Think about it from the locker room point of view. Lombardi knows that trusting your goalie is paramount to success. He also knows that Quick is the first one to gain that trust from his teammates since he's been here. Would he be so swift to trade Quick this season if he continues developing? I think one of the two will likely be traded, down the road, but I think that is 2010-2011 at the earliest. I believe we will see one year of Quick-Bernier tandem before one of them moves on.

Hollywood 09-14-2009 06:35 PM

Yes, think about it from a locker room point of view. Two talented guys roughly the same age and close in age to most of the team (young team). It is very possible that the team could get divided on who should be in net especially if the team ends up fighting for the last few spots for the playoffs.
I feel if Bernier is the talent he appears to be and he has paid his dues in the minors and if he beats out Quick for the #1 position then I feel it detrimental to the team to have two young guys there... I really do. Too much potential for negative energy.
This all depends on if Bernier steps up... we'll see.

JDM 09-14-2009 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollywood (Post 21095542)
Yes, think about it from a locker room point of view. Two talented guys roughly the same age and close in age to most of the team (young team). It is very possible that the team could get divided on who should be in net especially if the team ends up fighting for the last few spots for the playoffs.
I feel if Bernier is the talent he appears to be and he has paid his dues in the minors and if he beats out Quick for the #1 position then I feel it detrimental to the team to have two young guys there... I really do. Too much potential for negative energy.
This all depends on if Bernier steps up... we'll see.

Hadn't thought about it that way. But for now that's just an 'if'. As of now, Quick is the man in the locker room, and Bernier I think would have to play at least 15-20 games to even start to take away that trust.

Reaper45 09-14-2009 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telos (Post 21092952)

And we all loved the idea of Labarbera and Garon battling it out. I hate to sound like Tikkanen, but let's just wait and see.

baxterbarton 09-14-2009 11:08 PM

I was real high on Ersberg before Quick came in, I hope he does well this year.

Ziggy Stardust 09-14-2009 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper45 (Post 21096455)
And we all loved the idea of Labarbera and Garon battling it out. I hate to sound like Tikkanen, but let's just wait and see.

I never understood the fascination with LaBarbera... he was outright terrible, even when the sun shined on his butt for a brief period of time.

As for Quick and Bernier (or Ersberg), there is plenty more to be excited over.

DinkusMaximus 09-21-2009 05:20 PM

any news on the Bernier front since these early reports? I'm hoping to get to see him play some games with the Kings this season.

Ziggy Stardust 09-21-2009 05:41 PM

He's still in contention for the backup spot and has gotten more looks than Ersberg thus far. No news on who will be starting tomorrow.

Gentle Ben Kenobi 09-21-2009 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust (Post 21099904)
I never understood the fascination with LaBarbera... he was outright terrible, even when the sun shined on his butt for a brief period of time.

As for Quick and Bernier (or Ersberg), there is plenty more to be excited over.

Read this post and laugh
http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=2...4&postcount=37

Telos 09-21-2009 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo (Post 21205892)

Well that is just Dolemite... He is like Flapjack etc... Everytime I have talked to either they have had a consistent bias against the Kings and tendency towards personal attacks. Not much you can do but sit back and enjoy the show.

Knight of the Realm 09-21-2009 07:56 PM

Quick gets so little love even among Kings fans, oh well. Least we have Bernier eh!

thrillhous 09-21-2009 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telos (Post 21206049)
Well that is just Dolemite... He is like Flapjack etc... Everytime I have talked to either they have had a consistent bias against the Kings and tendency towards personal attacks. Not much you can do but sit back and enjoy the show.

That was uncalled for ;)

KopitarFAN 09-21-2009 10:45 PM

competition breeds improvement

Ziggy Stardust 09-21-2009 10:50 PM

Quote:

Oh boy, thanks for the laugh. Well Phoenix should appreciate his talents now.

KopitarFAN 09-21-2009 10:56 PM

Quote:

here's to hoping Labs starts opening night.

Ollie Weeks 09-21-2009 11:01 PM

Quote:

Sweet Zombie Jesus.