HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Info about getting autographs before games? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=680839)

Abooch68 09-14-2009 10:49 PM

Info about getting autographs before games?
 
Can anybody give me any info on exactly what to do to get autographs before the games?

NY Ranger86 09-14-2009 11:50 PM

7:00pm game... Be there at 4:30. Wait outside where security is by the gates. done.

Got Jagr, Lundquist and Avery that way.

Abooch68 09-15-2009 12:03 AM

Where are the gates?

NY Ranger86 09-15-2009 12:13 AM

http://www.searchmatters.net/wp-cont...-garden-3d.gif

where "31st" is. Just hang and be patient.

Scotty Hockey 09-15-2009 03:18 AM

We have this thread every year (and several times each year) so I hate to have to ask but I can't find an old link - does anyone know/remember if Cally enters at the ramp or the employee's entrance? I've had a puck I wanted to have him sign for a year ...

Abooch68 09-15-2009 08:44 AM

I want to get my gaborik jersey signed..how are the players with signing things outside the arena? are they happy to do it? I'm sure gaboril would sign everything for fans especially with being the new ranger

patnyrnyg 09-16-2009 06:35 AM

Last night, Avery, Lundqvist, and Voros were walking around the 400's. Lundqvist signed my ticket. They were super friendly, taking pics, signing autos and talking to people.

NY Ranger86 09-16-2009 06:40 AM

Quote:

Last night, Avery, Lundqvist, and Voros were walking around the 400's. Lundqvist signed my ticket. They were super friendly, taking pics, signing autos and talking to people.
ya preseason games are great for autographs too... (players who arent playing)
Got Zherdev and Dubinsky last year..(maybe I'm bad luck)

Quote:

I want to get my gaborik jersey signed..how are the players with signing things outside the arena? are they happy to do it?
Ya of course... just have to be loud and up front... or u'll get left out to dry with no autograph.

patnyrnyg 09-16-2009 07:51 AM

If you want Gaborik, try to learn a few Slovak phrases. Will get his attention. My wife can speak a bit of Czech and when we saw Prucha and Jagr in a bar 2 years ago, while everyone was trying to get their attention, she said a few things in Czech and they immediately turned to her.

Secondly, if you have a Gaborik jersey, and you hold it out so he can see it is his jersey, he will probably come over to you.

AND, BE POLITE!

Synergy27 09-16-2009 08:31 AM

This isn't really autograph advice, but it's sort of fitting to this thread. I passed by Gaborik and Voros on the street last night on my way into the game right near the subway entrance on 33rd and 7th. I thought it was weird because it was at 6:55PM and I figured those guys should have been inside with the team much earlier than that for meetings and what not. They didn't seem to be in a rush though, so I guess pre-season is a little more lax on that stuff.

It didn't really hit me who I was looking at until a second or two after I passed by too. I wanted to give Gabby a little ribbing about not skating but it was too late but the time I realized who I just saw.

NYRFAN218 09-21-2009 05:09 PM

So I'm going to the game Thursday and wanted to know where some of the young guys go in (Grachev, Sanguinetti, Del Zotto etc). I remember someone said they got Grachev's auto before last weeks game but I can't find that thread...

NYRFAN218 09-21-2009 05:21 PM

And does anyone have a site where you could print out high quality pictures?

Blueshirts27 09-22-2009 09:35 AM

Pregame Autographs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 (Post 21204805)
So I'm going to the game Thursday and wanted to know where some of the young guys go in (Grachev, Sanguinetti, Del Zotto etc). I remember someone said they got Grachev's auto before last weeks game but I can't find that thread...

Best advice for Thursday is stay under the Garden between 7th and 8th ave ( Between Penn Plaza and the Garden itself). If you are familiar with that spot, most of the youngsters will get dropped off on 31st side in the parking lot and walk to the security gates. The other stragtegic spot is , of course, where all the fans stand on 33rd between 7th and 8th, where the security office ( stand ) is.

Most arrive around 4:15-4:30 for 7pm game. Good Luck.

NYRFAN218 09-22-2009 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueshirts27 (Post 21213957)
Best advice for Thursday is stay under the Garden between 7th and 8th ave ( Between Penn Plaza and the Garden itself). If you are familiar with that spot, most of the youngsters will get dropped off on 31st side in the parking lot and walk to the security gates. The other stragtegic spot is , of course, where all the fans stand on 33rd between 7th and 8th, where the security office ( stand ) is.

Most arrive around 4:15-4:30 for 7pm game. Good Luck.

Thanks, I kind of know my way around but I have someone going with me that's done this before so I'll rely on him.

Does anyone here print out pictures on to photo paper and get them auto'd? Just curious because I want to find a site with good pictures that will come out good.

King Isles 13 09-22-2009 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 (Post 21221878)
Thanks, I kind of know my way around but I have someone going with me that's done this before so I'll rely on him.

Does anyone here print out pictures on to photo paper and get them auto'd? Just curious because I want to find a site with good pictures that will come out good.

just take them from yahoo and print them yourself. its easier and cheaper.

Legs Feed the Wolf 09-22-2009 10:07 PM

yah i was wondering too about how to get good pictures to get signed..i see all these people on the streets with top notch 8x10 pictures and what not...cosbys doesnt have the new players yet....what sites do you guys use to buy them or what store in the city or wherever you get them from?

or do you guys just print your own?

morffin 09-23-2009 12:15 AM

Henryk
 
Saw a few of the players last night as I walked around outside The Garden with my son ....Saw Henryk walking towards us on 32nd st and he looked like he didnt want to be bothered...ear buds in .... game face on.. then he saw my son with his Ranger sweater on ... stopped and said hello to the kid... my son hasnt stopped smiling since.

showjaxx 09-23-2009 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 (Post 21221878)
Does anyone here print out pictures on to photo paper and get them auto'd? Just curious because I want to find a site with good pictures that will come out good.

Most of the regular's do this. Guy at Cosby's said they will be getting new pictures within the next week or so.


Poster above had it right. Grachev, Lisin, Anisimov, Semenov, Boyle, Sanguinetti, Del Zotto, Gilroy, Staal and Prospal all through the "tunnel" from the parking garage on 31st to the loading gate on 33rd. Got Torts and Sullivan here as well as Allaire who stopped in the Dunkin Donuts to get coffee. When I got Dubinsky last year he walked through the tunnel as well.

Got Kotalik and Gaborik on 33rd waiting near the security stand.

I've heard Callahan walks in through the main lobby at around 4:10 for a 7pm game. Avery is known to switch it up, but usually walks along 33rd and goes all the way down to the corner of 8th and goes in the employee entrance. Same with Higgins.

Drury is a mystery. Same with Brashear.

Lundqvist either walks down 33rd or gets a cab to drop him off right at the gate in between 7th and 8th.

Redden/Rozsival/Girardi/Voros/Vally - Haven't seen them yet in the two games I've gone to.

All in all, two games, 17 autographs on the front of my away jersey. Not a bad start to the year.

Debbie25LW 09-23-2009 06:07 PM

I have tried to catch Girardi coming in to MSG a few times now and can never seem to catch him.

danno2530 09-23-2009 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYR censored (Post 21236483)
Poster above had it right. Grachev, Lisin, Anisimov, Semenov, Boyle, Sanguinetti, Del Zotto, Gilroy, Staal and Prospal all through the "tunnel" from the parking garage on 31st to the loading gate on 33rd. Got Torts and Sullivan here as well as Allaire who stopped in the Dunkin Donuts to get coffee. When I got Dubinsky last year he walked through the tunnel as well.

When you say the tunnel, do you mean the former driveway below MSG that you walk across to get to the Garden from Penn Station? I honestly didn't know any players ever walked through there.

I'm going to the game tomorrow. I've heard players occasionally hang out around the arena before or during these games, so that might be kind of interesting. Mostly just excited to be back at MSG and see what should make up most of the opening night roster.

showjaxx 09-23-2009 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danno2530 (Post 21236871)
When you say the tunnel, do you mean the former driveway below MSG that you walk across to get to the Garden from Penn Station? I honestly didn't know any players ever walked through there.

I'm going to the game tomorrow. I've heard players occasionally hang out around the arena before or during these games, so that might be kind of interesting. Mostly just excited to be back at MSG and see what should make up most of the opening night roster.


Green shaded area is the overpass (tunnel) that the players walk under and then they walk up the sidewalk, make a left and go in the loading gate entrance.

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/u...phiser/msg.jpg

mti79 09-23-2009 09:33 PM

Drury is easy... the employee entrance on 31st at 4pm... I think it's 4pm... he's very punctual and very early. He's either there at 4pm or 4:30 for a 7pm game.

showjaxx 09-23-2009 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mti79 (Post 21240843)
Drury is easy... the employee entrance on 31st at 4pm... I think it's 4pm... he's very punctual and very early. He's either there at 4pm or 4:30 for a 7pm game.


Makes sense since this is the one entrance I've never even heard of.

danno2530 09-23-2009 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYR censored (Post 21237241)
Green shaded area is the overpass (tunnel) that the players walk under and then they walk up the sidewalk, make a left and go in the loading gate entrance.

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/u...phiser/msg.jpg

Ahh ok I gotcha now.

Blueshirts27 09-24-2009 10:30 AM

I just hope that everyone is mindful of the preperation these guys go through. Be polite and you will get your authgraph. Don't shove or push other fans, as we are all in it for the same reason. I can't stand when somone is standing in back of me and sticking out a shirt or jersey or puck in my face. So take it easy. LETS GO RANGERS


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:32 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.