HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Komisarek should play over Boullion (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=68167)

Habzfanatic 04-05-2004 03:56 PM

Komisarek should play over Boullion

I think he would really come into his own if we gave him the nod!!

Haddock 04-05-2004 03:59 PM

Bouillon deserves to play.
He had a very good season and he should be playing in the playoffs.
I agree that Komi will come into his own but this is the playoffs and we can't have a
d-man who makes as much mistakes as Komi playing full-time. Next year.

YEMELIN74 04-05-2004 04:01 PM

bouillon is probably our best defensive player.... i don't make mistake often...
komisarek wont probably play at all in the playoffs unless theres some injurie

Team_Spirit 04-05-2004 04:02 PM

Like i said before dress 7 D-Mens and double shift someone upfront .

#44_delivers 04-05-2004 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habzfanatic
I think he would really come into his own if we gave him the nod!!

not even close!
id dress komi in place of quintal though.

deandebean 04-05-2004 04:36 PM

Bouillon is reliable. You don't bring a young defenceman still learning the curves in the playoffs on his un-natural side! Bouillon has been anything but spectacular, but he rarely makes a mental error and is sound on the boards. Sure, he has his problems in front of the net because of his size. But he's been efficient elsewhere, specially in getting the puck out of our zone. He's a pretty intelligent hockey player.

deandebean 04-05-2004 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #44_delivers
not even close!
id dress komi in place of quintal though.

Not even that. Quintal is slow, true. But positionally, he's very sound, much more than Komisarek right now. Besides, Quintal can slow down a play in his zone, which is important in order to give time to the forwards to get back into position.

Let Komisarek grow slowly, but surely. Quintal and Bouillon are the Habs' least of problems. Try in getting our 2 captains back on the scoring (not point) sheet.

Habber 04-05-2004 04:57 PM

Bouillon has been solid the whole season and deserves to play. Komi wasn't great and had about a 5 game stretch where he was pretty good, hardly enough to warrant a position. Frankly, I think he'd a lot of trouble as playoff hockey is that much more faster.

As for playing 7 D, that makes no sense at all. D is our weakest position, so why would we want to magnify that?

db23 04-05-2004 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deandebean
Try in getting our 2 captains back on the scoring (not point) sheet.

2 captains?

It is a moot point whether Komisarek should play over Bouillon or not. He won't start the playoffs unless one of the vets gets hurt. One of them will have to play himself out of the lineup, otherwise. If the Habs are getting manhandled by the other team, you could also see Komisarek in more of an enforcer role.

db23 04-05-2004 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habber
Bouillon has been solid the whole season and deserves to play. Komi wasn't great and had about a 5 game stretch where he was pretty good, hardly enough to warrant a position. Frankly, I think he'd a lot of trouble as playoff hockey is that much more faster.

As for playing 7 D, that makes no sense at all. D is our weakest position, so why would we want to magnify that?

Those 5 games were about the only ones that Komisarek got to play a regular shift all season, though. I'm sure if they threw him out there in the playoffs he would be fine, and maybe exceptional, but it would take a special circumstance for that to happen. On the other hand all of the vets on the right side have chronic back problems. It would only take one awkward hit to open up a spot for Mike.

Mooch 04-05-2004 05:09 PM

Boullion should play, but he has to play as a fourth or fifth D, with another big D, like Rivet or else he is gona get man handled. His lack of size is still a problem, and will probably become even more evident in the playoffs.

Raider917 04-05-2004 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mooch
Boullion should play, but he has to play as a fourth or fifth D, with another big D, like Rivet or else he is gona get man handled. His lack of size is still a problem, and will probably become even more evident in the playoffs.

quintal would be my first to go for komisarek.

Mooch 04-05-2004 05:20 PM

You know something i really think Quintal is gona come out and play like a mad dog. This is possibly his last playoffs.

He will be hungry IMO!

Go Habs Go 04-05-2004 05:34 PM

If there is a time when Quintal will perform, it will be in the playoffs. We need his size, toughness and experience in the lineup. He may be slow but so are most of the Bruins players.

Team_Spirit 04-05-2004 07:40 PM

We keep Bouillon for sure