HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   GDT: Pre-Season: San Jose @ Los Angeles - 9/17/09 - 7:30PM (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=681828)

johnjm22 09-17-2009 07:24 PM

Pre-Season: San Jose @ Los Angeles - 9/17/09 - 7:30PM

http://cdn.nhl.com/kings/images/logos/large.png
Los Angeles Kings
(1-1-0)

VS.

http://cdn.nhl.com/sharks/images/logos/large.png
San Jose Sharks
(0-0-0)

http://www1.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/S...y5Hghtp1Xl.jpg

7:30PM (PST) @ Citizens Business Bank Arena Ontario, CA

TV Broadcast: NA
Radio Broadcast: KTLK 1150 AM

KINGS PRE-SEASON NOTES
TRAINING CAMP ROSTER TRIMMED TO 52
The Kings on Wednesday returned the following players to their Junior teams: Jean Francois Berube
(G) to Montreal (QMJHL), Nicolas Deslauriers (D) to Rouyn-Noranda (QMJHL), Martin Jones (G) to
Calgary (WHL), Brandon Kozun (RW) to Calgary (WHL) and Linden Vey (RW) to Medicine Hat
(WHL)…The Kings also released the following players from their training camp tryout: Milan Doczy (D),
Radko Gudas (D) and Tyler Maxwell (C).

REGULAR SEASON STARTS OCT. 3 VS. PHOENIX
The Kings open the 2009-10 regular season at home vs. Phoenix Saturday, Oct. 3. It will be the
beginning of three-game homestand, which also sees San Jose come to town on Tuesday, Oct. 6 and
Minnesota on Thursday, Oct. 8. The Kings will then embark on a season-long six-game road trip (Oct. 10
to Oct. 19).

THE GOAL: A RETURN TO THE STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS THIS SEASON
Kings President/General Manager Dean Lombardi has resisted the temptation to go for a quick fix and
instead has patiently rebuilt the Kings the right way.
Strengthening the reserve list and building a core roster that gets progressively younger from year to year
were at the top of the “Things To Do” list when Lombardi joined the Kings in 2006. Now four years later,
Lombardi has positioned the Kings to not only contend for the playoffs this season, but to also contend
long-term.

Kings’ fans can clearly see how the plan has come together with the influx of young talent to the roster
over the past few seasons. Players like Drew Doughty, Jack Johnson, Oscar Moller, Wayne
Simmonds, Teddy Purcell and Jonathan Quick have followed the lead of core players like Anze
Kopitar, Dustin Brown, Alexander Frolov, Jarret Stoll and Matt Greene and Michal Handzus.

Two former Stanley Cup champions were also added to the team during the 2008-09 season as Sean
O’Donnell and Justin Williams were both acquired via trade. Both are known as character players and
both understand what it takes to win hockey’s ultimate prize.

Another player that certainly understands the sacrifice needed to be a champion is Rob Scuderi. The
defenseman won the 2009 Stanley Cup championship with Pittsburgh. But, instead of re-signing with the
Penguins, Scuderi chose instead to sign as a free agent with the Kings, a great indication of how far the
organization has come and how players around the league can see where this organization is headed in
the very near future. With Scuderi, the Kings added versatility as he can play on the right side or the left
side, and with an offensive or a defensive-minded partner. The Kings were also looking for a player with
grit and a winning attitude who’s willing to go into the tough areas on the ice to score goals, and they
believe they found that player in Ryan Smyth, who waived his no-trade clause with Colorado to clear the
way for a trade to LA.

kings.nhl.com

SHARKS PRE-SEASON NOTES
HEATLEY ACQUIRED
The Sharks acquired LW Dany Heatley and a fifth round selection in the 2010 NHL Entry
Draft from Ottawa in exchange for LW Milan Michalek, RW Jonathan Cheechoo and a second round selection in the
2010 NHL Entry Draft on Sept. 12. Heatley comes to the Sharks with 543 points (260-283=543) in 507 career regular
season games. He has ties with several members of the Sharks including Joe Thornton, Patrick Marleau, Rob Blake
and Dan Boyle (Team Canada) and Joe Pavelski (both products of the University of Wisconsin).

SEPT. 16 ASSIGNEMENTS
San Jose assigned D William Colbert, D Louis Liotti, RW Matt Jones, LW Corey
Quirk, D Michael Wilson and G Ryan Nie to the Worcester Sharks (AHL). San Jose also returned the following
players to their junior clubs: LW Carter Bancks, D Marc Cantin, D Michael D’Orazio, D Taylor Doherty, D Samuel
Groulx, G Thomas Heemskerk and RW Luke Judson.

ROOKIE TOURNAMENT
The Sharks prospects defeated the Ducks prospects in three consecutive games in the
tournament that took place from Sept. 7 – 9 at Sharks Ice at San Jose.

kings.nhl.com

PRE-SEASON ROSTERS & INDIVIDUAL STATS
http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/q...091709copy.jpg

KINGS PRE-SEASON HISTORY
http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/q.../psh091709.jpg

KINGS STARTING LINEUP
Purcell-Moller-Brown
Frolov-Loktionov-Simmonds
Clifford-Schenn-Lewis
Ivanans-Cliche-Segal

Johnson-Drewiske
O'Donnell-Doughty
Campbell-Mullen

Quick
Bernier

JDM 09-17-2009 07:26 PM

Nice GDT!

I missed those.

I wish I could see the Frolov-Loktionov-Simmonds line. That just sounds amazing.

johnjm22 09-17-2009 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDM (Post 21140953)
Nice GDT!

I missed those.

I wish I could see the Frolov-Loktionov-Simmonds line. That just sounds amazing.

I was just about to say the same thing. :nod:

johnjm22 09-17-2009 07:31 PM

These were the Sharks forward lines in practice today:

Devin Setoguchi Joe Thornton Dan Hinote
Ryane Clowe Joe Pavelski Patrick Marleau
Jody Shelley Scott Nichol Brad Staubitz
Ryan Vesce Jamie McGinn Jed Ortmeyer

Cutty Sarkn3ss* 09-17-2009 07:32 PM

Looking forward to see what Loktionov can do with some pretty good wingers. . . Nice to see the GDT's around here!

TonySCV 09-17-2009 07:42 PM

Gotta love a great lookin' GDT. Thanks John!

- T

Cruel11 09-17-2009 07:48 PM

Awesome GDT! Thanks. Now, lets kick some @**!

Shellz 09-17-2009 07:48 PM

Thankyouthankyou.

Quick with the shutout ;)

Edit: Forgot about Brandon Segal.

Reaper45 09-17-2009 07:50 PM

Ivanans, Clifford, Segal and Campbell VS Hinote, Nichol, Staubitz and Shelley.

Sybil227 09-17-2009 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnjm22 (Post 21141043)
These were the Sharks forward lines in practice today:

Devin Setoguchi Joe Thornton Dan Hinote
Ryane Clowe Joe Pavelski Patrick Marleau
Jody Shelley Scott Nichol Brad Staubitz
Ryan Vesce Jamie McGinn Jed Ortmeyer

Any idea why they're not putting Heatley out there to start with?

JBernierFan 09-17-2009 07:53 PM

Looks like SJ is dressing a few more roster players than we are. Should be interesting. Can't wait to see (or hear) the Fro-Loti-Simmonds line!

Chruceg 09-17-2009 07:54 PM

Your game threads rock, Johnjm22! Beat those San Jose (expletive deleted) (expletive deleted) (expletive deleted) (expletive deleted)(expletive deleted) (expletive deleted) (expletive deleted)!

God I hate San Jose

Brad Doty 09-17-2009 07:55 PM

I'm excited to be going in a bit; I'll see if I can remember to jot down some observations, but I'll likely just be yelling :)

Cruel11 09-17-2009 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sybil227 (Post 21141491)
Any idea why they're not putting Heatley out there to start with?

Heatley is expected — the official release uses the word ‘hopeful” –to arrive in San Jose sometime Thursday

Butch 19 09-17-2009 08:02 PM

WTF is up with the Kings pre-season record? They haven't had a losing pre-season since 88-89. And several years were very good at 6-1 & 7-1.

What have they been doing in the pre-season that they can't keep going during the regular season? - for 20 years!

Zad 09-17-2009 08:06 PM

I may go. I doubt it is sold out.

Buddy The Elf 09-17-2009 08:08 PM

Wish I was home so I could go tonight. I'm stuck in Jersey!

It doesn't even feel like training camp has started because I've been here since Sunday.

kingsholygrail 09-17-2009 08:14 PM

Nice GDT. :) Hope the Kings iron out some more kinks.

Maynard 09-17-2009 08:16 PM

I will be there and I COULD post updates from my phone but I don't feel like it.

Defgarden 09-17-2009 08:16 PM

I'm stuck on night duty. Otherwise, I'd probably be there. As a side note, the Kings have had a winning percentage in pre-season since 88. If only...

Kurrilino 09-17-2009 08:22 PM

there was thoughts to show this game on Kings vision..........

does anyone has some news??

Captain Ron 09-17-2009 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butch 19 (Post 21141688)
WTF is up with the Kings pre-season record? They haven't had a losing pre-season since 88-89. And several years were very good at 6-1 & 7-1.

What have they been doing in the pre-season that they can't keep going during the regular season? - for 20 years!

I don't know....maybe it would be better if they had bad pre-season records???:dunno:

Reaper45 09-17-2009 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drivelikejoewho (Post 21141801)

It doesn't even feel like training camp has started because I've been here since Sunday.

Watch out for Toxic Avenger.

Boba Fettuccine 09-17-2009 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drivelikejoewho (Post 21141801)

I was wondering where you were

KopitarFAN 09-17-2009 09:07 PM

anybody planning on going saturday?