HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Boston Bruins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   'The Score' Predictions (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=68208)

Newfie Bruin 04-05-2004 06:05 PM

'The Score' Predictions

For people in Canada or Satelite....On the Score. Two of the three analyst picked Boston-Dallas in the Final. Just thought i'd throw it your way

sarge88 04-05-2004 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOBRUINS19
For people in Canada or Satelite....On the Score. Two of the three analyst picked Boston-Dallas in the Final. Just thought i'd throw it your way

Who were the anlaysts? Bill Guerin, Tom Hicks and Rob Dimaio?

Seriously, I can't imagine that 67% of people who list Boston and Dallas as their 2 favorite teams would pick that final series. I'm as optimistic as anyone about the B's but 2 out of 3 picking them and Dallas seems unbelievable to me.

Bruwinz37 04-05-2004 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarge88
Who were the anlaysts? Bill Guerin, Tom Hicks and Rob Dimaio?

Seriously, I can't imagine that 67% of people who list Boston and Dallas as their 2 favorite teams would pick that final series. I'm as optimistic as anyone about the B's but 2 out of 3 picking them and Dallas seems unbelievable to me.

There is no way Dallas gets there. To have that happen Bill Guerin would have to score goals against good teams......something he did about 6 times this year.

TJF 04-05-2004 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarge88
Who were the anlaysts? Bill Guerin, Tom Hicks and Rob Dimaio?.

LOL, don't forget about Don Sweeney.

Magnus Fulgur 04-05-2004 07:52 PM

Scary but true fact: Don Sweeney was +20 in Dallas this year!!!

pblc 04-05-2004 09:11 PM

Quote:

The rational side of me knows that it doesn't matter one iota what we fans...as well as what media types predict to happen because no matter how confident we are, it comes down to what happens on the ice.........so this side of me has no qualms about people saying that the Bruins will win.

But the superstitious side of me hates predicting Boston wins.........and even hates seeing others predicting confidently "without a doubt" that Boston will win..........I just think it somehow puts a "hex" on us. I know that its stupid.........but I can't help it. I can't control what others say or predict, but I know that I will always hope for a Bruins win, but I will never predict one. Just call me super superstitious :)

sarge88 04-05-2004 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJF
LOL, don't forget about Don Sweeney.

I've tried to forget about Don Sweeney since about 1989!

weaponomega 04-05-2004 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caper
But the superstitious side of me hates predicting Boston wins.........and even hates seeing others predicting confidently "without a doubt" that Boston will win..........I just think it somehow puts a "hex" on us. I know that its stupid.........but I can't help it. I can't control what others say or predict, but I know that I will always hope for a Bruins win, but I will never predict one. Just call me super superstitious :)

I know what you're saying. I always think I'm gonna jinx them if I predict. (I did predict B's over Habs though.

Mr. Make-Believe 04-06-2004 01:23 AM

Quote:

I think that's great!

I can't remember the last time I saw some serious analysts predict that the Bruins would go far. At the title of this thread, I thought it was going to be the complete opposite.

I, for one, cannot predict the Bruins in the final, (even though I truly believe in it)because I can't jinx my team like that... I'm glad that there are other analysts out there predicting the same thing.

Rage 04-06-2004 01:36 AM

Thats true im tired of listening to the french version of tsn (rds) talking about how poor Boston is on defense and how much better and faster the Habs are. And even predicting that the Habs will go far. The commentators even booed this chick colleague of their's when she picked the bruins in 7 (maybe 6)To top it off they were laughing about Guerins' missed chance to tie the game. Yes because Theodore's "great" save wasnt a fluke when he threw his stick behind him.(sarcasm)

supernova 04-06-2004 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wickedbsfan
Scary but true fact: Don Sweeney was +20 in Dallas this year!!!

Don Cherry had a clip of our old pal Donny on coach's corner this past week. He praised him up and showed a clip of how to properly play a 2 on 1. He also joked that Sweeney was in his 100th year in the NHL. Like him or not , he's had a great career and has done pretty well with the tools he has. I always thought he was one of those guys that pound for pound was as tough as anyone. Good luck to old man Sweeney!

TMac21 04-06-2004 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rage
Yes because Theodore's "great" save wasnt a fluke when he threw his stick behind him.(sarcasm)

Thank you! Every time I watch that save I'm like, "why is there no penalty shot there"?

Bruin_Ron 04-06-2004 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMac21
Thank you! Every time I watch that save I'm like, "why is there no penalty shot there"?

I remember that too.. unbelievable :amazed:

TMac21 04-06-2004 09:36 AM

When I heard Mark Osbourne predict Boston to come out of the East I was pretty surprised, but to hear Elliotte Friedmen (a pretty knowledgable hockey guy) predict them to represent the east (despite the chants of "homer homer" wanting him to pick the Leafs) coming from the rest of the panel, it really took my by surprise.

SToMper! 04-06-2004 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rage
Thats true im tired of listening to the french version of tsn (rds) talking about how poor Boston is on defense and how much better and faster the Habs are. And even predicting that the Habs will go far. The commentators even booed this chick colleague of their's when she picked the bruins in 7 (maybe 6)To top it off they were laughing about Guerins' missed chance to tie the game. Yes because Theodore's "great" save wasnt a fluke when he threw his stick behind him.(sarcasm)

In my mind.....let 'em think we have the same defence as 2 years ago! The smurf forwards will be in for a big surprise! :D