HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   PGT: Habs beat Sens 2-1 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=682282)

Habsfan18 09-18-2009 09:05 PM

Habs beat Sens 2-1

Gionta and Plekanec played pretty well tonight. We're going to love Gionta. Always gives it 100% and he's rubbing off on Plekanec.

I was impressed with Maxwell tonight as well.

Russian Warrior 09-18-2009 09:06 PM

Gionta is even delivering big hits out there!

Whitesnake 09-18-2009 09:07 PM

So.....does Neilsen take the spot that some believes it was Stewart to lose?

Cyrrus147 09-18-2009 09:07 PM

Gionta + Plekanec > Kovalev + Plekanec

Theosis 09-18-2009 09:07 PM

Yeah seems like Gionta is a great addition for Pleks. He seems to try much harder now since he has to keep up with Gionta, lol.

Good 3rd period for us though :handclap:

Habs10Habs 09-18-2009 09:08 PM

I was impressed with Moen's play. Plays a nice up and down game, and does have a bit more speed than I expected.

Pax Macioretty 09-18-2009 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitesnake (Post 21161321)

I know i'm saying this because i'm super pumped, but with his skating and the way he battles every shift, i'm starting to hope so.

Shinsuke Nakamura 09-18-2009 09:08 PM

Good to see them all having a good laugh at Gionta missing the net. That was great. :laugh:

ToysInTheAttic 09-18-2009 09:08 PM

Max/Plekanec/Gionta were very good. The biggest surprise of the night for me was Neilson. That guy has serious potential.

Vinceee 09-18-2009 09:09 PM

pj :shakehead

Habs10Habs 09-18-2009 09:09 PM

Quote:

I don't think he's strong enough of a skater to play on a regular basis. I think Stewart would win the battle.

NHLcrazy 09-18-2009 09:10 PM

The good:

Pleks
Gionta
Patches
Neilson
Halak
Metropolit

The average:

the rest

Laos 09-18-2009 09:10 PM

I can't believe we won that game, with the lineup we had.
Does anyone know the shots number?

Marc the Habs Fan 09-18-2009 09:10 PM

Plekanec and Gionta: Looked solid as a duo. Plekanec seemed like a different player from last year, Gionta's hard work and guts seem to have rubbed off on him. Gionta did a ton of positive things, stuff you can't really measure with stats. He fired a TON of shots on net too.

Pacioretty: He does a LOT of things very well and at an NHL level. But I still don't think he's 100% NHL ready to be a top 6 forward offensively. He still misses shots that need to be on net and stuff like that. And that's why I still want him to go on the farm to start the season, to develop his offensive game to the fullest. Can he play in the NHL now? Yes. It is best for his development as a TOP 6 FORWARD, I say no.

Maxwell: Silky smooth! Datsyuk style at times indeed. I liked his game, especially after his goal. That last shift on the PP was pretty sweet for him. Lots of talent and a great hockey brain, now play him with an actual NHL offensive winger next game, JM.

Weber and Carle: Sort of played the same game. Not too many errors, not too many risks taken. I think Carle was a little better though. Weber missed a huge chance with those early PPs to make an impression.

Gill, Mara and Moen: Just veterans doing their job and shaking off the rust.

Metropolit: Chipchura better hope the doctors give him the green light soon, because Metro remains a solid role player and he didn't hurt himself last night.

Halak: Excellent in net. Sanford played well too.

shutehinside 09-18-2009 09:10 PM

I;d be very nervous if I was Stewart. Neilsson may take his job if he isn't careful. Neilsson is a ****ig ANIMAL out there!

Habsfan18 09-18-2009 09:10 PM

I definitely wouldn't mind to dress Neilson in the lineup against rivals like Boston and Toronto.

But let's not get ahead of ourselves here..

If he keeps this up in the AHL, then I could definitely see him getting some games in the NHL as a 4th liner.

TomWaitsCanKillJesus 09-18-2009 09:10 PM

we got officialy our two first lines

NSi 09-18-2009 09:11 PM

Could we act like Mara and Gill didn't play tonight?

That would be nice.

Thanks in advance.

Dark4ng3l 09-18-2009 09:11 PM

It's only one game but what the hell. Gionta for captain. That guy plays with the same determination as guys like Iginla or Morrow.

Kman777 09-18-2009 09:11 PM

Plekanec seems to be much less timid than last year.

Gionta was great, really fast, guy must be jacked as ****.

I was very impressed with Carle on the point, IMO he was much superior to Weber.

Gill really can't pass the puck at all. Big body though, didn't really stand out which is good.

Pacioretty, has everything but finish so far. IMO he could turn into the next Ryan Smyth or the next Chris Higgins, they need to let him learn how to score in the AHL. Let's not rush him just because physically his body is ready. He could become something really special.

The Nightman 09-18-2009 09:14 PM

I want Neilson in the lineup, he rocks! :yo:

kent_carlson 09-18-2009 09:14 PM

Quote:

Oh no. But Moen is gonna take his place. I don't want to see Lats-Lapierre with Moen, there's a lot more upside with Lats-Lap-D'agostini.

Analyzer* 09-18-2009 09:14 PM

Gionta is insanely fast.

I liked Maxwell's play.

Gio and pleks should be killer on the pk.

I love the Gill hate. I guess it will stay.

ToNedOuT 09-18-2009 09:14 PM

Anyone else think Wyman looked pretty good out there? I wasn't specifically looking for him but noticed he made several smart plays and was excellent on the back check.

I'm excited to see Maxwell with better linemates. He's so shifty with the puck and has some deceptive speed.

MarkovsKnee 09-18-2009 09:15 PM

The team got a lot better after the first period. I can't believe they beat Ottawa because I was totally expecting a loss especially with the D we dressed.

But:

Sanford was strong in net.

Maxwell, Patches & Neilson played very well in their roles.

Wyman, Moen & Metropolit were solid if unspectacular.

Gionta & Pleks look good together. We'll see how things unfold but they clicked & outplayed Spezza & Alfie by a wide margin.