HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Boston Bruins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   A very special assigment for Marty Lapointe (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=68230)

DKH 04-05-2004 06:56 PM

A very special assigment for Marty Lapointe
 
Assuming Thornton plays I would have no problem putting Mahty Lapointe on his line along with Murray for a few shifts and here's why. Lapointe if anything is tough, he hits, he's an exceptional nongoon fighter who can calm down aggitators. Jullian is going to play Begin against Thornton then I'd love to see Begin get 'rat packed' himself- trust me, its fun doing the hunting but sucks when the tables are suddenly turned. I would think going after Thornton would be a good situation for Boston if they can remain focused because the adrenaline flow and focus over that would likely give the Broons a real push- assuming they didn't do something stupid or Kerry Fraser wasn't reffing. Gill for one needs to be aware of this as his sticking up for teammates is great but these refs will look to even things out quickly. And Joe needs to know he should skate away and if he's pissed tell the player someday, sometime, someplace I am going to stick a Koho where the sun don't shine. Play Now, Payback Later.....
If I were Sullivan I'd tell the guys to play as disciplined as possible and explain there will plenty of time for retribution- keep sticks down on all hits and 'take the number and share the number :D '. The Bruins did it with Chara they can do it with whoever. There was an old story that the Bruins used to not only get the troublemakers but the top skill players also to send the message. Begin seems to be spouting his mouth off but can he back it up when its his arse being smacked around himself- we'll see.

BruinsGirl 04-05-2004 07:21 PM

While I myself participated alot in these Thornton - Begin discussion I think we are making too big of a deal of this.

Begin is not Chara, Madden or anybody else of their abilities. I respect his job this year and how he helped the habs etc but I don't believe he will be our biggest threat.

From all TROLLS that came on the www.bostonbruins.com I got feeling that Montreal media is pushing Begin's image very hard right now. He is their new idol.
There were some words like... "Beware Boston fans! Very soon begin will be the most hated person in Boston!" and such.


I noticed that really good players are having very hard times playing in Montreal ...if they are experiencing slump they are boooed merclesly, but grinders have huge success.

What is Begin's playoff experience by the way?

WBC8 04-05-2004 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BruinsGirl
While I myself participated alot in these Thornton - Begin discussion I think we are making too big of a deal of this.

Begin is not Chara, Madden or anybody else of their abilities. I respect his job this year and how he helped the habs etc but I don't believe he will be our biggest threat.

From all TROLLS that came on the www.bostonbruins.com I got feeling that Montreal media is pushing Begin's image very hard right now. He is their new idol.
There were some words like... "Beware Boston fans! Very soon begin will be the most hated person in Boston!" and such.


I noticed that really good players are having very hard times playing in Montreal ...if they are experiencing slump they are boooed merclesly, but grinders have huge success.

What is Begin's playoff experience by the way?

Begin has played in as many play-off games as I have....

Team_Spirit 04-05-2004 07:39 PM

Ward is also physical , and it's not just Bégin like everyone thinks .

Take that :

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com...ins_bxg101.jpg

BruinsGirl 04-05-2004 07:56 PM

Balej,.....In 2002 playoffs P.J. Stock scored on Theodore. It was his #1 goal of the season. That's more of exception than a rule. ;)

What I meant to say was... Montreal's media is trying to take B's out of their game plan more than Begin will ever able to do!

Do you remember NJ media stating something like this about Madden or other guys. They went quite about their business.

If Habs media was serious about it they wouldn't be talking much about it at all ....What they are doing is...providing all kind of ideas for Sullivan and Bruins.
We might be angry but they are probably laughing.

Geez...can you imagine Lapointe, Green, Boynton and other guys reading that somebody is planning something against their injured captain?

Team_Spirit 04-05-2004 08:05 PM

I don't know , but don't listen to Montreal media .. it's crap . And Begin don't want to hurt him , he want to play good hockey and stop your captain , nothing wrong with that . It's the fans who change their mind and says things like '' we gonna kill u '' and **** like that . As for Ward he was named MVP in the AHL last year , and he's better than P.J Stock .

Grapes 04-05-2004 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
I don't know , but don't listen to Montreal media .. it's crap . And Begin don't want to hurt him , he want to play good hockey and stop your captain , nothing wrong with that . It's the fans who change their mind and says things like '' we gonna kill u '' and **** like that . As for Ward he was named MVP in the AHL last year , and he's better than P.J Stock .

yeah well there are more players better then P.J. , just don't say that here; he's a boston board favorite :p:

You are right though, i also doubt Begin ment he will try to in a sneaky way hurt Joe,.. I just hope Joe can keep his cool, even if Begin irritates him by shadowing,..

trenton1 04-05-2004 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8
Begin has played in as many play-off games as I have....

A Beginner through and through.... :joker: What a beautifully corny pun.

DKH 04-05-2004 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
I don't know , but don't listen to Montreal media .. it's crap . And Begin don't want to hurt him , he want to play good hockey and stop your captain , nothing wrong with that . It's the fans who change their mind and says things like '' we gonna kill u '' and **** like that . As for Ward he was named MVP in the AHL last year , and he's better than P.J Stock .

I watched Begin play with the Flames AHL team in Lowell and really liked him alot- he's a high energy guy but certainly not a goon- and not Tyson Nash or even close who you want to strangle. I hope/wish the Habs had Darcy Tucker or Tie Domi....the more passion the better. Another guy I liked the Habs had was Adam Asham. Tough and plays hard...nothing wrong with that. I for one hope Begin is running all over the place laying the body- it can only get the Bruins very focused and into it- sometimes they sleep walk- a few good hits is what they need. Go Begin Go

Bruin_Ron 04-06-2004 12:33 AM

Thornton steps into the slot himself and whips shots at the net when he's annoyed. That's exactly what we need. Get into the slot and go high on Theo.

Play as determined as we did on Sunday and play a physical series.

Create turnovers with the aggressive forecheck and catch Theo out of position - much like the goal Green almost scored after Theo coughed up the puck behind his own net.

Absolutely anyone can shake Koivu in the Habs' end and get free for a one-timer or a clear shot on Theo.

Find a way to slow the Habs rush and play one forward back.

Defence must keep skating.. standing still or hesitation at either blue line could be costly due the their speed.

Knock Theo off his game: I'm not suggesting running a bit of goalie interference, simply breaking his concentration.

Egg on some of the undisciplined Hab newbies: Dagenais is a great example.

Defencemen should join the rush and trail on the play. Theo will give up rebounds, at which point he's usually on his knees.. trailing man shoots top-net

A given: capitalize on the PP. It would be nice to see our PP running at 25-30%. Sounds unrealistic but we have the potential. Flood the front of the net and let the defenceman direct it toward the net. If the initial shot doesn't go in, it will be deflected or will deflect off of someone... and if that doesn't work, there'll be plenty of rebounds to knock in

Get the quick start and the first goal. No more of this come from behind wins in the third period.

I could go on.. please feel free to add anything you feel would help

TMac21 04-06-2004 06:50 AM

For some reason the thought of Begin on Thornton (is Montreal really serious with this idea) does not strike as much fear into me as John Madden on Thornton. The key is Madden's line could actually SCORE against the Thornton line last year.

misterjaggers 04-06-2004 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DKH
Assuming Thornton plays I would have no problem putting Mahty Lapointe on his line along with Murray for a few shifts and here's why. Lapointe if anything is tough, he hits, he's an exceptional nongoon fighter who can calm down aggitators. Jullian is going to play Begin against Thornton then I'd love to see Begin get 'rat packed' himself- trust me, its fun doing the hunting but sucks when the tables are suddenly turned. I would think going after Thornton would be a good situation for Boston if they can remain focused because the adrenaline flow and focus over that would likely give the Broons a real push- assuming they didn't do something stupid or Kerry Fraser wasn't reffing. Gill for one needs to be aware of this as his sticking up for teammates is great but these refs will look to even things out quickly. And Joe needs to know he should skate away and if he's pissed tell the player someday, sometime, someplace I am going to stick a Koho where the sun don't shine. Play Now, Payback Later.....
If I were Sullivan I'd tell the guys to play as disciplined as possible and explain there will plenty of time for retribution- keep sticks down on all hits and 'take the number and share the number :D '. The Bruins did it with Chara they can do it with whoever. There was an old story that the Bruins used to not only get the troublemakers but the top skill players also to send the message. Begin seems to be spouting his mouth off but can he back it up when its his arse being smacked around himself- we'll see.

When I first read your post I'll admit that I thought it was a goofy idea putting Marty on the first line, but now I think we ought to add some muscle to create space for Joe. And it could act as a contraceptive measure against the Habs trying to exploit his injury.

Gary 04-06-2004 05:11 PM

A very special assigment for Marty Lapointe [/QUOTE]

Knock Theo out of the series?? :joker: Seriously though-I dont think Marty needs to play alongside Joe to get a message out...Him and others just have to let the Habs know-Liberties on Joe=Liberties on Theo-If they target our best, we target theirs.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:05 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.