HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   A look to next year (defense and netminders) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=68290)

SmokeyClause 04-05-2004 10:09 PM

A look to next year (defense and netminders)

Who will be on the Preds opening day roster (barring injury).

Assuming these players are locks...

Mark Eaton, Marek Zidlicky, Kimmo Timonen, Dan Hamhuis

Which 2 defenseman and 1 goalie will dress on opening day...

Bombardir, Allison, York, Hnidy, Mukhachev, Hutchinson, Safronov, Schnabel, Klein, Stehlik, Weber, Suter, Finley, Flaherty, Other (Sulzer, Murphy, Shultz...)

barrytrotzsneck 04-05-2004 10:14 PM

hnidy and york...and "other" for chris mason

SmokeyClause 04-05-2004 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids
hnidy and york...and "other" for chris mason

LOL, I meant Mase instead of Flaherty, I'll make the necessary adjustments.

SmokeyClause 04-05-2004 10:18 PM

I voted Hutchinson and Hnidy on D and Mase in net.

Hutch has gotten tremendously better in the past year. I think we'll give him every shot to make the team because he fits a need on our second team PP. He and Hammer can be our pointment.

Hnidy needs seasoning and will be given a clear path to be our physical Dmen for next year. I think these two would make a decent 3rd pairing.

Mason is there for obvious reasons. He's not shown us any reason not to go with him again next year.

barrytrotzsneck 04-05-2004 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
I voted Hutchinson and Hnidy on D and Mase in net.

Hutch has gotten tremendously better in the past year. I think we'll give him every shot to make the team because he fits a need on our second team PP. He and Hammer can be our pointment.

Hnidy needs seasoning and will be given a clear path to be our physical Dmen for next year. I think these two would make a decent 3rd pairing.

Mason is there for obvious reasons. He's not shown us any reason not to go with him again next year.

if hutch comes to training camp as bulked up as eaton did..then i'm all for it.

mason is ideal for us as a stop-gap. he's not called upon often..but is always solid when he is. he's dirt cheap, and allows us to give finley another year as the clear-cut starter in milwaukee.

Dave is a killer 04-05-2004 10:40 PM

I didn't know Jason Allison was a Defenseman???? ... *scratches head*

I went with Hutchinson, Hnidy and Mason

SmokeyClause 04-05-2004 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seven_Nation_Army
I didn't know Jason Allison was a Defenseman???? ... *scratches head*

You know exactly what I was talking about smartass ;)

PredsFan77* 04-08-2004 07:46 PM

I can't see Poile giving up a 2nd for Hnidy just for him to be a scratch, and I'd like to see Hutch ahead of York on the depth chart.

barrytrotzsneck 04-08-2004 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PredsFan77
I can't see Poile giving up a 2nd for Hnidy just for him to be a scratch, and I'd like to see Hutch ahead of York on the depth chart.

i'd like to see hutch play defensively responsibly before i see that happen.

dulzhok 04-08-2004 09:11 PM

Ask me after the season is over.

I think a lot of the decisions will be made based on playoff play. Your ultimate goal is to build a team to win in the playoffs.