HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Terry Ryan?? another chance (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=68318)

qwert 04-06-2004 12:35 AM

Terry Ryan?? another chance

We should give him another chance??

SuperUnknown 04-06-2004 12:39 AM

He can't even crack up an ECHL roster. Nuff said.

Wildbeliefs 04-06-2004 12:40 AM

ugh. lock, ban, whatever...

qwert, your act is getting old...

dre 04-06-2004 01:32 AM

i dunno i you saw this, but they had a peice about ryan on hockey day in canada. he is not completly out of hockey as he is coahcing inuit kids in newfoundland. good story, too bad he never panned out though. all i remember about him was the coach always trying to explain things to him on the bench.

electric 04-06-2004 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dre
i dunno i you saw this, but they had a peice about ryan on hockey day in canada. he is not completly out of hockey as he is coahcing inuit kids in newfoundland. good story, too bad he never panned out though. all i remember about him was the coach always trying to explain things to him on the bench.

If you would've said this a few weeks ago I'd have considered writing to Ryan and asking him if he could send some of those inuit kids to play on the Habs powerplay...

tnq 04-06-2004 08:45 AM

he is worse than Turner Stevenson
the guy we wanted that year was Shan Doan but ...

Darz 04-06-2004 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tnq
he is worse than Turner Stevenson
the guy we wanted that year was Shan Doan but ...

Don't know why you insult Turner Stevenson????

He has forged a good career for himself, and has turned into the player he was advertised to be out of the draft. For some reason, just because he was selected in the first round, people beleive he was supposed to be a scorer. On draft day he was considered a 3rd line with limited scoring upside.

habfan4 04-06-2004 08:51 AM

Is anyone else counting the days till qwert runs out of players from Newfoundland to remind us about. :shakehead

tnq 04-06-2004 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darz
Don't know why you insult Turner Stevenson????

He has forged a good career for himself, and has turned into the player he was advertised to be out of the draft. For some reason, just because he was selected in the first round, people beleive he was supposed to be a scorer. On draft day he was considered a 3rd line with limited scoring upside.

no sir, i don't insult him. Turner Stevenson is a very good 3rd or 4nd line. He can skate can hit, can fight and sometime can score :) Terry Ryan cant skake, cant hit, and cant score :D

Jacques Strappe 04-06-2004 09:15 AM

Terry who? Yeah, too bad he didn't work out.

I'm sure we could have a whole 'what if' or 'in hindsight' thread about the draft, but 2 instances that pop out in my mind in 'recent' draft history:

1995 Terry Ryan - 2 or 3 picks later: Jarome Iginla (by Blues? Stars?)
1997 Jason Ward - next pick: Marian Hossa
nothing against Ward, he's OK, but Hossa!

Anyway, that's a whole lot of 'what iffin' goin' on.

chicpea* 04-06-2004 09:50 AM

A better thread whould be "Quert: Another Chance?" ;)