HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Very BAD news!!!!! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=68324)

tritone 04-06-2004 01:01 AM

Very BAD news!!!!!

That stupid monkey on CTV Sportsnet picked the Bruins to win the first round!!! :shakehead :help: :eek:

Let's pray that the needs of the pretzel outweigh the needs of the monkey or the monkeys.....yeah I know I stole that from Spock but hell we're talking about pretzels and monkeys here.

Guy! 04-06-2004 01:11 AM

That monkey needs to be spanked.

Nielson81 04-06-2004 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guy!

We will leave the monkey spanking up to the Bruins fans. :lol: :lol:

Unbiased Canadian

Necrophile 04-06-2004 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tritone
That stupid monkey on CTV Sportsnet picked the Bruins to win the first round!!!

The monkey's prediction is completely irrelevant. Moreover, the title of your thread is uselessly alarming.

#44_delivers 04-06-2004 01:16 AM

damn it tritone you scared the living crap out of me with the tittle.

electric 04-06-2004 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #44_delivers

Argh, yes... don't just write Very BAD news!!!!! like that... while the page was loading I was half expecting to read something about the team being torn apart after discovering that Hanna Koivu was Jose Theodore's mistress or that Sheldon Souray had ripped his wrist while eating spaghetti and would be out for the playoffs! :banghead: :cry: :banghead:

Guy! 04-06-2004 01:43 AM

I dunno, watching a bunch of zealous hockey fans spank a monkey is pretty disturbing news...

TJF 04-06-2004 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unbiased Canadian
We will leave the monkey spanking up to the Bruins fans. :lol: :lol:

Unbiased Canadian

But than what would you guys do all day? :D

#44_delivers 04-06-2004 01:52 AM

Quote:

That stupid monkey on CTV Sportsnet picked the Bruins to win the first round!!! :shakehead :help:

dont worry guys monkey's have been picking the bruins to win for a very long time :lol

chicpea* 04-06-2004 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJF
But than what would you guys do all day? :D

Work on our camera angles?

mcphee 04-06-2004 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guy!

Hey, I thought we agreed to give that up for the playoffs.

Darz 04-06-2004 09:56 AM

The powers of some stupid monkey pale in comparision to the awesome powers of the Salty Grail. I mean the pretzel almost took out the president of the United States. Has a monkey ever done that????

mcphee 04-06-2004 10:06 AM

Darz, I figured I should let you know. Late last night I heard some commotion outside and went to check it out. I got a glimpse of a gnome like man with a blue pallor to his skin fleeing down my driveway. I took a few steps after him, when he stopped, trurned and threw something at me. I expected the worst when I saw it hurtling towards my legendary huge noggin. I was relieved upon feeling the curiously soft impact. I immediately sensed the sugary caramel sweetness of what could only be one thing, a Vachon cake. Only one man would attempt such a bold manoeuver. Johnny V made a futile attempt at the Pretzel. Don't worry, my dog Fred never leaves my side. Our salty idol is safe.

petrobruin 04-06-2004 10:09 AM

Quote:

YOU SHOULD BE VERY AFRAID :yo:

Darz 04-06-2004 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcphee
Darz, I figured I should let you know. Late last night I heard some commotion outside and went to check it out. I got a glimpse of a gnome like man with a blue pallor to his skin fleeing down my driveway. I took a few steps after him, when he stopped, trurned and threw something at me. I expected the worst when I saw it hurtling towards my legendary huge noggin. I was relieved upon feeling the curiously soft impact. I immediately sensed the sugary caramel sweetness of what could only be one thing, a Vachon cake. Only one man would attempt such a bold manoeuver. Johnny V made a futile attempt at the Pretzel. Don't worry, my dog Fred never leaves my side. Our salty idol is safe.

I wouldn't expect less from JOHHNY V. I would assume the goats could make quite work of Mr. Vachon if he was to show up again. I mean they are quite a bit more intellengent than him, so.....

Anyways nice to hear that our Grail is well protected.

mcphee 04-06-2004 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darz
I wouldn't expect less from JOHHNY V. I would assume the goats could make quite work of Mr. Vachon if he was to show up again. I mean they are quite a bit more intellengent than him, so.....

Anyways nice to hear that our Grail is well protected.

Now that you mention it, he could have been here for days in disguise.

chicpea* 04-06-2004 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcphee
Hey, I thought we agreed to give that up for the playoffs.

I never agreed to anything!

AlexandreTheNotSoGreat 04-06-2004 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chicpea
I never agreed to anything!

Yeah, what am I going to do with those extra 2 minutes now?! Ok, I lied...1 minute...

Marchy79 04-06-2004 10:54 AM

S'all good, the monkey gained 20 pounds, and IMO, is just asking for her picks to be errored (law of averages). Frankly, the pretzel has less playoff lore, and has more luck attached to it... IMO, the B's are in for a rough ride... Then the Leafs get their wish, and get eliminated in round 2.

tritone 04-06-2004 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Necrophile
The monkey's prediction is completely irrelevant. Moreover, the title of your thread is uselessly alarming.

Well let's look at that..... People start up trade rumor threads based on ???
People listen to all the so-called hockey experts' predictions right???

Last year the monkey had the highest accuracy of predictions in comparison to all the expert analysts....the monkey picked Anaheim to go to the final . Also picked Minnesota to get to the conference final . Every expert and pretty much every person I know had picked Colorado and Detroit to beat these guys in 4 games.
So , the monkey is JUST as relevant as any other source as far as I'm concerned .

As for uselessly alarming. Well that's a matter of opinion. Mine is just as valid as yours . Maybe I don't get alarmed by a thread title because I'm not a true HABS fan like you and I actually save my wild emotive outbursts for matters that truly affect my life.
Or maybe I tend to look at the actual thread before getting alarmed.
Or maybe I purposely made the thread seem alarming as a sarcastic joke about monkies.
One thing I know. I can back up my claims and rarely come into a thread just to say that it's pointless. So what's your point?

#44_delivers 04-06-2004 04:26 PM

Quote:

Last year the monkey had the highest accuracy of predictions in comparison to all the expert analysts....the monkey picked Anaheim to go to the final . Also picked Minnesota to get to the conference final . Every expert and pretty much every person I know had picked Colorado and Detroit to beat these guys in 4 games.
So , the monkey is JUST as relevant as any other source as far as I'm concerned

do you realize wth your saying? ITS JUST A BLOODY MONKEY SPINNING A DAMN WHEEL!!!!!

tritone 04-06-2004 04:50 PM

Quote:

do you realize wth your saying? ITS JUST A BLOODY MONKEY SPINNING A DAMN WHEEL!!!!!

LOL....of course I realize what I'm saying. The whole thing is a superstitious joke , no more or less important than the famed pretzel. It's all a gamble , a guess....but when someone is being so brilliantly critical about my thread I just figure i'll back it up with the facts. And the fact is the monkey predicted better than EVERY analyst last year. Pretty good odds for a random spin of the wheel or just chance? Who cares, it's superstition .....it was meant as a laugh . ease tension. :dunno:

BigStar 04-06-2004 04:52 PM

its just a monkey, big time fluke last year!
monkey's predicting playoffs :lol

Mooch 04-06-2004 04:56 PM

You guys are treating that monkey as if she is Sir isac Newton :D

Com'mon, its just a monkey.

All praise Magie :bow:

Brisson11 04-06-2004 05:00 PM

ITS A HOAX. Magie is dead folks sorry to break it to ya but my friend says he saw on cnn that she died a while back!! This meens the monkey is not right!! :handclap: