HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   PGT: Kings Sink Islanders - OD leads with his fists (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=683703)

JDM 09-22-2009 10:28 PM

Kings Sink Islanders - OD leads with his fists

I can't wait for TV broadcasts to start...

from http://www.lakingsnews.com/2009/09/k...islanders.html

Quote:

Defenseman Sean O’Donnell spent the final period in the dressing room, punishment for the sin of defending a team mate. He received a match penalty at 16:37 of the second period when he essentially assaulted Islander forward Matt Martin for high sticking O’Donnell’s charge, Drew Doughty, good for a 5 minute major penalty and a game ejection.

This was not the first time Doughty was nearly injured by an unnecessary play, but it was the first time someone stood up for him. Last year Doughty was hit in the kneecap on what most saw as a dirty play by Evgeni Artyukin, then part of the Tampa Bay Lightning. The hit was bad enough, but the more discouraging part was that Artyukin skated away without comeuppance. It would appear that the team has finally learned to protect its young stars, and Matt Martin picked the wrong game to take liberties with Doughty.

After viewing the play from across the ice, the war-torn veteran O’Donnell skated immediately over to Martin and knocked him down to the ice, pouncing on him like a lioness protecting her cubs. There was some worry that Martin was injured, as was O’Donnell’s intent per the referees, but Martin was fine and played the rest of the game.
So nice to hear. Sounded really intense. Hopefully Kingsvision hooks us up tomorrow with the highlights!

RightKinger 09-22-2009 10:32 PM

Is it really that hard to have ONE ****ing preseason game televised? Don't play it over a Dodgers or Angels game but at least televise one game.

DAkings20 09-22-2009 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDM (Post 21225812)
I can't wait for TV broadcasts to start...

from http://www.lakingsnews.com/2009/09/k...islanders.html

So nice to hear. Sounded really intense. Hopefully Kingsvision hooks us up tomorrow with the highlights!

Is this your site or something? I notice you and Zad advertising it a lot.

JDM 09-22-2009 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RightKinger (Post 21225871)
Is it really that hard to have ONE ****ing preseason game televised? Don't play it over a Dodgers or Angels game but at least televise one game.

You'd think.

Unfortunately there are worse TV problems for the Kings broadcast crew, like xenophobia!

Randart 09-22-2009 10:34 PM

OD Again...

I am still happy he is a KING... way to protect your mates Sean. Not the first time and doubt it will be his last. A man I trully admire!
Kudos big guy, and you know we all love ya for it!

:handclap::yo::nod:

onlyalad 09-22-2009 10:42 PM

More from the same place
Quote:

Bailey cut the lead to one with his goal early in the third period, a shot that Quick had trouble controlling and could not cover before Bailey put home his own rebound.
I am going to return my Bailey's Buddies card if he keeps that up.

kingsholygrail 09-22-2009 10:42 PM

Desperately request youtube for this.

Zad 09-22-2009 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onlyalad (Post 21226015)
More from the same place

I am going to return my Bailey's Buddies card if he keeps that up.

LOL

I thought the same thing when I read it.

aegwillnotwinthecup* 09-22-2009 10:56 PM

Doughty is arguably our best player. He's going to have a target on his back all season. It will feel good to have guys like O'Donnell, Clune, and Ivanans on the ice when **** goes down. JJ and Greene will step up if necessary, too.

JDM 09-22-2009 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAkings20 (Post 21225896)
Is this your site or something? I notice you and Zad advertising it a lot.

Maybe they pay us good money.

BehindEnemyLines 09-22-2009 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aegwillnotwinthecup (Post 21226179)
Doughty is arguably our best player. He's going to have a target on his back all season. It will feel good to have guys like O'Donnell, Clune, and Ivanans on the ice when **** goes down. JJ and Greene will step up if necessary, too.

I def agree! Brown could thrown down too...maybe;)

Kurrilino 09-22-2009 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RightKinger (Post 21225871)

i would be even happy if it's on Kings Vision.
But right now, no one gives a **** about the Kings.
Did anyone notice that we not even have a game coverage ????
I mean, if you go to NHL.com, all of the games has some lineups,
and scorer and assist points..........
We don't even have announcement who scores :rant:
On top that beautiful radio stream where you can use you imagine what happend when the comentator screams....... big save Quick.....
in my mind , he uses his blocker after a slapshot from 4 Feet ,
to pop the puck into the air, catch it on the other side with the glove drops it to the pads and kicks it to the waiting winger, runs to the board and enjoy his celebration by the fans......
good old radio days.........

Captain Ron 09-22-2009 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDM (Post 21226207)
Maybe they pay us good money.

I hope so....because that Surly Jacob guy is a real knobjob.....;)

Zad 09-22-2009 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aegwillnotwinthecup (Post 21226179)

Arguably. I am not sure he is our best. He is our young standout and that is enough to put a target on his back.

Doughty is not a small kid. He can take care of himself as well. If a goon runs him, then of course you expect Westgarth, Ivanans, or one of the bigger guys to smash some teeth.

So, there was no penalty against the Islander who hit Doughty? It was a clean hit?

JDM 09-22-2009 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zad (Post 21226387)
Arguably. I am not sure he is our best. He is our young standout and that is enough to put a target on his back.

Doughty is not a small kid. He can take care of himself as well. If a goon runs him, then of course you expect Westgarth, Ivanans, or one of the bigger guys to smash some teeth.

So, there was no penalty against the Islander who hit Doughty? It was a clean hit?

Apparently the refs didn't see it, and I think it was just a bad high stick, not a hit.

Zad 09-22-2009 11:19 PM

Good Kings hockey + Kings fights + Kings scoring x Kings winning - TV = the suck.

Zad 09-22-2009 11:20 PM

When did this calling Simmonds "Simmer" start? It's odd. Stop doing it.

JDM 09-22-2009 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zad (Post 21226437)
When did this calling Simmonds "Simmer" start? It's odd. Stop doing it.

Last year. And yes, its wrong. I don't do it, and snap a rubberband on my elbow if I let it slip.

riznat 09-22-2009 11:23 PM

Simmer played one hell of a game.

Zad 09-22-2009 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riznat (Post 21226471)
Simmer played one hell of a game.

lol.

****er.

JDM 09-22-2009 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurrilino (Post 21226309)
i would be even happy if it's on Kings Vision.
But right now, no one gives a **** about the Kings.
Did anyone notice that we not even have a game coverage ????
I mean, if you go to NHL.com, all of the games has some lineups,
and scorer and assist points..........
We don't even have announcement who scores :rant:
On top that beautiful radio stream where you can use you imagine what happend when the comentator screams....... big save Quick.....
in my mind , he uses his blocker after a slapshot from 4 Feet ,
to pop the puck into the air, catch it on the other side with the glove drops it to the pads and kicks it to the waiting winger, runs to the board and enjoy his celebration by the fans......
good old radio days.........

Just when I was worrying I wouldn't get a new Kurrilino quote for the week. :)

I too saw that NHL.com didn't even have a box score for our game. That's just unacceptable. A box score is really not that much to ask... unless of course we're talking about the la times :sarcasm:

riznat 09-22-2009 11:27 PM

Going by the radio (:rant:) it sounded as though Quick once again proved he can make the big saves at the right time. Im all for Bernier becoming the goalie we hope he is but right now I'm much much MUCH higher on Quick. Perfect mix of talent and compete level.

Edit: ugh, i really dont like the word "compete" and I feel like im all over Lombardi's dick for using it... however its the only one that fits.

FromChaos22 09-22-2009 11:29 PM

Simbabwe played one hell of a game.

riznat 09-22-2009 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FromChaos22 (Post 21226541)

hahah borderline racist, 100% awesome.

Telos 09-22-2009 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FromChaos22 (Post 21226541)

That Simmy did...