HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Toronto Maple Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   PGT: PRESEASON: Pittsburgh Penguins @ Toronto Maple Leafs - TUE Sept. 22 7PM EST (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=683718)

Squiffy 09-22-2009 10:58 PM

PGT: PRESEASON: Pittsburgh Penguins @ Toronto Maple Leafs - TUE Sept. 22 7PM EST
 
GDT hit the 1000 post limit, continue here.

Volcanologist 09-22-2009 11:01 PM

So yeah...Kadri is quite good at hockey.

Crispy Crust 09-22-2009 11:06 PM

So that #43 guy on the leafs is not bad. He actually has a bit of moves out there.

TMLeafer 09-22-2009 11:16 PM

Wow, it's unbelievable that a preseason game thread had over 1000 posts. :amazed:

Can you tell Leafs Nation is starved for hockey? Good hockey?

Theron 09-22-2009 11:18 PM

next is the gustavsson show.

embracedbias 09-22-2009 11:18 PM

I feel bad that I didn't contribute more posts to that now.

NIKO G 09-22-2009 11:20 PM

Kadri's goal was dirrrty.

Crispy Crust 09-22-2009 11:20 PM

:rant: MORE HOCKEY

NikolaiTesla* 09-22-2009 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by embracedbias (Post 21226409)
I feel bad that I didn't contribute more posts to that now.

Onward to 2000!

91 09-22-2009 11:20 PM

Can we please spell Pittsburgh correctly in at least one thread title! LOL sorry I'm OCD sometimes.

Chandrashekhar Limit 09-22-2009 11:21 PM

Bring on the Habs!!!

Komisarek will be a beast during that game.

Squiffy 09-22-2009 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAstles91 (Post 21226432)
Can we please spell Pittsburgh correctly in at least one thread title! LOL sorry I'm OCD sometimes.

Haha.. it was a straight cut & paste, didn't notice, will do. :thumbu:

weems 09-22-2009 11:23 PM

Wasnt a big Hanson fan last season but have to admit hes gotten better. He had a very strong game tonight and should round into a decent 3rd liner.

91 09-22-2009 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squiffy (Post 21226462)
Haha.. it was a straight cut & paste, didn't notice, will do. :thumbu:

Hahah, thanks I wasn't going to say anything if it was just the one thread, but I had to at 2! lol

Leafidelity 09-22-2009 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMLeafer (Post 21226397)
Wow, it's unbelievable that a preseason game thread had over 1000 posts. :amazed:

Can you tell Leafs Nation is starved for hockey? Good hockey?

The sleeping giant that is Leafs Nation is waking up. Time to go back into the playoffs.

Leafs4Eva 09-22-2009 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAstles91 (Post 21226432)
Can we please spell Pittsburgh correctly in at least one thread title! LOL sorry I'm OCD sometimes.

lol I made the last thread and sorry it was cause I was finishing an assignment at the same time that i was making the thread and I must've missed it lol my bad

nuck 09-22-2009 11:38 PM

Zeke asked "why would you deal Poni, and keep Stemp?"

Poni brings considerable value back and I don't think he is in their plans after this season. Stempy I think will improve and right now has to play his way back to having any value at all.
Stempniak would be out to make space for Kessel when the time comes. If he really comes on, maybe he pushes one of the others out, but in any case the goal is to ice a strong lineup. The only reason I would deal Poni is because they have potential replacements and I think he is on the way out.
He is a better player than Stajan IMO but infinitely more replaceable with their current options.

facey 09-22-2009 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shef (Post 21226475)
Wasnt a big Hanson fan last season but have to admit hes gotten better. He had a very strong game tonight and should round into a decent 3rd liner.



honestly dude, your selling him short.

he was a force in NCAA hockey, has elite hockey sense, and a nack for putting the puck in the back of the net.


our top 6 is shaping up rather nice:

?-kadri-kessel
hanson-bozak-stalberg

they all bring very good skill to the table.

NikolaiTesla* 09-22-2009 11:46 PM

I find it hilarious that some Pitts fans believe that the first Leaf goal was interference. Their goalie was completely outside of the blue paint, are they kidding? :laugh:

They shouldn't kid themselves, the goalie saw Bozak, went out of his crease to challenge Bozak by attempting to run into him, and completely missed Stahlberg on the side.

Delayed Offside 09-22-2009 11:47 PM

just watched the game:

i had no idea beauchemin had a shot like that...
kadri played another solid game and likes the big game moments and wow on the shootout
stalberg is really making a case for himself, while he had some mistakes, they were rookie mistakes and his speed is great...
bozak had another solid game and so did hanson but i still feel that hanson needs to get infront of the net, that needs to be his house

weems 09-22-2009 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by facey (Post 21226677)
honestly dude, your selling him short.

he was a force in NCAA hockey, has elite hockey sense, and a nack for putting the puck in the back of the net.


our top 6 is shaping up rather nice:

?-kadri-kessel
hanson-bozak-stalberg

they all bring very good skill to the table.

Maybe but I'll have to see more of what I saw tonight on a regular basis before I'm convinced he's a legit top 2 liner. Hes a great skater but sometimes his hands and legs move at different speeds and because of this his stickhandling can become very sloppy. I like his work ethic and willingness this preseason to get physical. I was impressed by his play tonight and hopefully we see more, but as of right now I think hes more of a solid future 3rd liner then 2nd liner.

Sportacus 09-22-2009 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikhailStefanovich (Post 21226704)
I find it hilarious that some Pitts fans believe that the first Leaf goal was interference. Their goalie was completely outside of the blue paint, are they kidding? :laugh:

They shouldn't kid themselves, the goalie saw Bozak, went out of his crease to challenge Bozak by attempting to run into him, and completely missed Stahlberg on the side.

In their defense, officiating has been very inconsistent the last few years with regards to Goaltender Interference. I believe the right (no) call was made, but I've definitely seen less deserving (GI) penalties get called.

bzer 09-22-2009 11:51 PM

To follow up last thread, why on Earth would we dump away Poni when he is already developed into a NHL calibre 2nd line player. This guy proved himself last year down the stretch LEADING the team in scoring. He is starting to drive the net more and scores goals off tip-ins. Unless the return is absolutely amazing, this guy should be resigned not thrown away.

NikolaiTesla* 09-22-2009 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sportacus (Post 21226734)
In their defense, officiating has been very inconsistent the last few years with regards to Goaltender Interference. I believe the right (no) call was made, but I've definitely seen less deserving (GI) penalties get called.

That is true, but if that is their reasoning then calling this play interference would just add to the problem.

I could be wrong, but if a goalie comes out of his crease the interference call should be waived.

burke4life 09-23-2009 12:00 AM

guys i just came back from the hospital (dont worry about me, im okay) and i missed the whole game. How did my boys in blue do? can some one sum up the game in under 100 words.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:18 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.