HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Sweden (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   SHL: Tommy Boustedt talks about the new prospects (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=685320)

SChan* 09-27-2009 10:33 AM

Tommy Boustedt talks about the new prospects

http://tv4play.se/sport/hockeykanale...rtment=2.41799

so glad we have boudstedt in swedish hockey :handclap:

Pentothal 10-01-2009 07:36 AM

Thanks for sharing that.

I'm really looking forward to watching this generation of Swedish players develop. Boustedt, by all accounts has played a huge role in the recent upswing in Swedish talent.

Interesting to hear him say that he ranks Forsberg as the biggest hockey talent of all time.

Firewagon 10-01-2009 10:01 AM

I would love to hear an English translation of that interview.

garlic 10-03-2009 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IceBreaker (Post 21356289)
I would love to hear an English translation of that interview.

Try with http://translate.google.si/?hl=sl&tab=wT#;) ;) :laugh::laugh:

DJB 10-06-2009 04:30 PM

Any Swedish fans able to give a bit of non-swede speaking fans an idea of what was said?

Padan 10-07-2009 02:15 PM

The comment about Forsberg is pure homerism. Forsberg is for sure one of the more talented players ever, but "by far" more talented than Lemieux, Orr, Gretzky? Well...

Aptur 10-07-2009 03:24 PM

A little recap for non-swedish speakers:

The first part of the interview is about how Boustedt felt about this years draft. He said that he was proud that Sweden have managed to "create" such an good generation of hockey players, and promised that there are more to come.

After that he said that Karlsson could become better than Hedman in the long run. I personally doubt it, but who knows?

Boustedt also said that there is no need to hurry over to the NHL for the talents that got drafted this year(OEL, Pääjärvi for example). He want them to make a name for themselves in both their club in Sweden and the national team. He also claims that moving over to NHL to early might slow down their career and that it can make them to not reach their full potential.

In the last part of the interview he compares to the golden generation players(Lidström, Forsberg, Sundin, Alfredsson, Näslund etc) to the new generation. He says that nobody will reach Forsbergs calibre. He actually thinks that Forsberg would've been without a doubt the best player the hockey world have ever seen if it wasn't for the injuries(:shakehead).

In the very last seconds of the interview he believe that the players of this generation could become as good as Lidström(:shakehead) and the other guys mentioned earlier.

That was about everything he said. I hope you people can understand it, I'm kinda tired. So sorry for any spelling and grammar mistakes.

Nordic* 10-10-2009 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aptur (Post 21478153)

He actually thinks that Forsberg would've been without a doubt the best player the hockey world have ever seen if it wasn't for the injuries

He's right.

Padan 10-10-2009 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordic (Post 21523847)
He's right.

You can say the same thing about Lemieux. If not for the cancer and the back problems, he would probably be the best forward to ever lace 'em up.

But it's pretty obvious that Boustedt doesn't follow the NHL at all.

Nordic* 10-12-2009 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Padan (Post 21524591)
You can say the same thing about Lemieux. If not for the cancer and the back problems, he would probably be the best forward to ever lace 'em up.

Lemieux was better than Gretzky in my eyes.

johnny_rudeboy 10-12-2009 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aptur (Post 21478153)
A little recap for non-swedish speakers:

The first part of the interview is about how Boustedt felt about this years draft. He said that he was proud that Sweden have managed to "create" such an good generation of hockey players, and promised that there are more to come.

After that he said that Karlsson could become better than Hedman in the long run. I personally doubt it, but who knows?

Boustedt also said that there is no need to hurry over to the NHL for the talents that got drafted this year(OEL, Pääjärvi for example). He want them to make a name for themselves in both their club in Sweden and the national team. He also claims that moving over to NHL to early might slow down their career and that it can make them to not reach their full potential.

In the last part of the interview he compares to the golden generation players(Lidström, Forsberg, Sundin, Alfredsson, Näslund etc) to the new generation. He says that nobody will reach Forsbergs calibre. He actually thinks that Forsberg would've been without a doubt the best player the hockey world have ever seen if it wasn't for the injuries(:shakehead).

In the very last seconds of the interview he believe that the players of this generation could become as good as Lidström(:shakehead) and the other guys mentioned earlier.

That was about everything he said. I hope you people can understand it, I'm kinda tired. So sorry for any spelling and grammar mistakes.

Do you got ticks or what´s up with the :shakehead

Nothing wrong with what he said. I was how ever a little surprised that he ranked Karlsson as high, if not even higher then Hedman.
Fully agree on what he said on young players taking the step up to soon in the NHL and there for limiting them self and not reach their full potential. One thing Sweden have been good at no matter what generation of hockey players it have produced is to have players with good overall skills who is not really limited in anyway. But most of those have stayed an extra couple of years in Sweden to learn.
I have had this argument about Luke Schenn on the Leafs board that rushing a young player will limit their potential and make them more of a role player.
Good interview btw and thanks for the link.

Aptur 10-12-2009 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny_rudeboy (Post 21553098)
Do you got ticks or what´s up with the :shakehead

It's just that I have a hard time to see how Forsberg could've been better than Gretzky, Lemieux even though if he was healthy all the time.

Also I doubt that we will ever get an as good defenseman as Lidström.

But these are my thoughts, and I hope I'm wrong. Who doesn't want another Lidström?

johnny_rudeboy 10-12-2009 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aptur (Post 21553188)
It's just that I have a hard time to see how Forsberg could've been better than Gretzky, Lemieux even though if he was healthy all the time.

Also I doubt that we will ever get an as good defenseman as Lidström.

But these are my thoughts, and I hope I'm wrong. Who doesn't want another Lidström?

Sure he could have been. Just look at the kind of attention Forsberg got from the other teams and the open ice Gretzky was given during his glory days.
But what was is and what could have been is not so Gretz is the best there ever been even do perhaps Lemioux and Forsberg if healthy could have topped him.
Agree on that we probably not will see another defence man like Lidström but here´s hoping we atleast get close. :handclap:

Trotzig 11-01-2009 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Padan (Post 21524591)

Without derailing this into a "whos the best" thread it's safe to assume that if both healthy Forsberg and Lemieux together with Gretzky and perhaps another one I'm currently forgetting would go down in history as the greast players in modern icehockey.

All speculation of course, but Forsberg but brutally owned by injuries at the height of his peak.

Edit: Not saying that Forsberg was/is better then Lemieux, it's pointless to rank them if they didn't peak at exactly the same year.

If I recall correctly (for some reason I'm not allowed to view the video atm) Boustedt declares Forsberg as the best player Sweden ever have and will procude?