HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   OT: Forsberg...Would you want him to play for the Flyers this year? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=685811)

Kaktus* 09-28-2009 03:02 PM

Forsberg...Would you want him to play for the Flyers this year?

Looks like he wants to play in the NHL, again. Looks like Peter is doing real good, over a PPG player in Modo but he only played 3 games. Looks like Flyers is on top of his wish list.

Flyers are 1.7M under the cap, not including Betts who I think will be a Flyer sometime this week. We have 3 players Cote one-way contract and both Pyorala and Powe have two-way contracts.

Assuming Peter can play 40 regular season games and all playoff games.

Simple question: "Do you want Peter on Flyers roster?"

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=4505913
http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/col090927.html

Terence Peterman 09-28-2009 03:03 PM

Foppa's like Jell-O: There's always room!

Edit: He isn't needed and, yeah, I know he could become a distraction, but I don't think that's highly probable. He wouldn't be counted on as much, and could fill in at wing. I don't think it could hurt with how the team's shaped up for the upcoming season. I'd embrace him if he was signed but I wouldn't pout one way or the other.

Kambo 09-28-2009 03:14 PM

As much as I would love to see him back here, he's useless to us at this point. We seem to have a very well put-together team this year, and there's really no blaring holes in our line-up. However, I will say he would look mighty interesting if we had a lingering injury in one of our forwards.

mikedifr 09-28-2009 03:25 PM

Why not??? If there was no cap we would all be saying what the hell, right???

We certainly dont need him, and there are guys I rather have on the team, but if the money is right and he wants to come here and he can actually play, go for it.

Garbage Goal 09-28-2009 03:26 PM

Quote:

As much as I would love to see him back here, he's useless to us at this point. We seem to have a very well put-together team this year, and there's really no blaring holes in our line-up. However, I will say he would look mighty interesting if we had a lingering injury in one of our forwards.
This. Forsberg is one of my all-time favorites, but he's a big risk and we cannot fit him on to our team as it is.

Dash22 09-28-2009 03:35 PM

I'd love to have him, don't think its possible or probable, and won't be upset when he doesn't end up coming over or signing.

FlyersCup08 09-28-2009 03:38 PM

Would love to have him. Sign him for minimal money loaded with incentives so if he plays he makes good money, if he's hurt then the contract doesn't hurt us.

FlyHigh 09-28-2009 03:40 PM

Too injury prone and we don't need the distraction. These guys need to be looking at each other in that room and jelling together as a team instead of wondering if Foppa will come in to save them.

GKJ 09-28-2009 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonny (Post 21311210)
Foppa's like Jell-O: There's always room!

Edit: He isn't needed and, yeah, I know he could become a distraction, but I don't think that's highly probable. He wouldn't be counted on as much, and could fill in at wing. I don't think it could hurt with how the team's shaped up for the upcoming season. I'd embrace him if he was signed but I wouldn't pout one way or the other.

Why wouldn't it be highly probable? He's been a distraction to the only 3 teams he's played for since the lockout. Part of that is fault of the team, but also on him. Nashville didn't care.

League minimum.

DeadPhish5858 09-28-2009 03:41 PM

Yes, yes.

Even if hes hurt every other games, I dont think he would be a distraction in the lockerroom. He wouldnt have to carry the team again.

Jules801 09-28-2009 03:44 PM

I loved having the opportunity to see him in person. He was an incredible talent. That being said, I DO NOT want him here. We have a team that's capable of incredible things. Forsberg, while proven in the past, is NOT proven right now. Let him test his ankles somewhere else for a year...then I'll consider him.

BerubeBox* 09-28-2009 03:50 PM

I thought this was some running joke during the offseason that came up because people were bored.

RIPRichardsCarter 09-28-2009 03:51 PM

We simply can't fit him on this team.

Claude Giroux 09-28-2009 03:53 PM

Our forward group looks really dangerous, I'd rather just leave it as it is.

We have Giroux anyway.

Kaktus* 09-28-2009 04:03 PM

Can Flyers sign him to a league minimum and 2-3M bonus. Like Rangers did with Shanny a few years back? He is 36 years old.

Would that work?

weerrt 09-28-2009 04:11 PM

07/08 and 08/09 he played 19 games... Sorry Foppa, but I doubt you can play 56 games this season.

But, heck, I hope I am wrong that you'll be cheap and choose Flyers and will be better than ever.

pelts35.com 09-28-2009 04:11 PM

Stoppa with Foppa already.

dbr2 09-28-2009 04:13 PM

Yes, I'd take him. But if he didn't come back to the Flyers, or the NHL I wouldn't care.

Terence Peterman 09-28-2009 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 (Post 21311802)
Why wouldn't it be highly probable? He's been a distraction to the only 3 teams he's played for since the lockout. Part of that is fault of the team, but also on him. Nashville didn't care.

League minimum.

I meant not in the sense that he has a high chance of being in and out of the lineup, but in that the team still looks as if it would be able to perform at a high level without him. He's Peter Forsberg-- he'll be some sort of distraction even if he's healthy, but I don't think it'll be the kind, either way, which derails this year's team.

fire bettman 09-28-2009 04:36 PM

:thumbd:

I think it's time to move forward from foppa. It was nice while it lasted... let's leave it at that.

PhilaFlyers 09-28-2009 04:37 PM

Don't see where he would fit.

SolidSnakeUS 09-28-2009 04:52 PM

With the departure of Jones to either another team or the AHL (hopefully they don't take him back in like an idiot), sign Forsberg for 1 million. Man, he would be such a huge player for the Flyers if he came back, and the Flyers have so many people that they don't need to rely on him all the time.

Gagne-Richards-Forsberg
Hartnell-Carter-Pyorala
JvR-Giroux-Briere
Lappy-Betts-Asham
Carcillo

Those 3 lines would even make Ovie and Sid quake in their skates (and yes that rhymes haha).

JagerPuck 09-28-2009 05:29 PM

If he was healthy and we could afford him, hell yeah!

DrinkFightFlyers 09-28-2009 06:02 PM

if he could get on the team and we wouldn't have to lose anyone significant, then of course. why wouldn't you? but that is not happening so no.

HoverCarle* 09-28-2009 06:04 PM

If all he replaces is Powe/Carcillo/Asham then sure