HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   playoff hero? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=68582)

RoDu 04-06-2004 09:12 PM

playoff hero?

Every year there is a player that comes out of no where and has one hell of a run. Dave Lowry, Mathew Baranaby, Andy Delmore and Kris Kontos are names that coem to mind from the past. Who on this team do you think could end up being one of those players?

Rails 04-06-2004 09:15 PM

Hopefully it is Esche...

But I could see Handzus coming up big or Primeau.

FlyersGuy69 04-06-2004 09:25 PM

if we are going to go far in the playoffs, Esche has to be the hero IMO.

Winston Wolf 04-06-2004 10:21 PM

Mark Recchi. Who else?

I don't see anyone coming out of nowhere on this team. We really don't have any of those type of players, except maybe Claude Lapointe, but he might be past his prime to have a big impact like the players you are talking about.

SaveByHexy 04-06-2004 11:34 PM

Brashear for Conn Smythe...

seriously though, I could see Amonte or Kapanen surprising....

Coburnfan05 04-07-2004 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amonte11Scores
Brashear for Conn Smythe...

seriously though, I could see Amonte or Kapanen surprising....

I can see Amonte as well, he hasn't been filling up the net alot lately and I think he is due for a nice offensive streak.

Cuiff 04-07-2004 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harper
Hopefully it is Esche...

But I could see Handzus coming up big or Primeau.

Primeau?!?

That guy can't find the back of the net come playoff time.... :joker:

Flyer765 04-07-2004 08:10 AM

The secret to a good team has to be great goaltending so i think Esche has to step up and show everyone what he can do.

Rails 04-07-2004 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cuiffitelli
Primeau?!?

That guy can't find the back of the net come playoff time.... :joker:

Only if it goes to 5 OT

Flyers26 04-07-2004 08:45 AM

How about Alexi? He's got his 1st real shot of playing in the playoffs. I could see him going off.

slapshotflyer 04-07-2004 09:11 AM

Zhamnov will come big, starting Thursday night. This is his chance :)

Teezax 04-07-2004 09:25 AM

I think Gagné is going to be our leader, especially in the first series. He gets a lot of oppurtunities and converts them against the Devils. But i'm hoping our whole first line explodes.

FlyHigh 04-07-2004 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teezax
I think Gagné is going to be our leader, especially in the first series. He gets a lot of oppurtunities and converts them against the Devils. But i'm hoping our whole first line explodes.

I really agree, Gagne could definitely have a big playoff. JR perhaps since he might retire after the year, also keep an eye on LeClair.

FlyersFan10* 04-07-2004 11:36 AM

I'm going to say that Danil Markov is going to step up big in the play offs. Now that Desjardins is done, I think Hitch is going to give some big minutes to Markov and he's gonna step up. I say he plays 27 to 30 minutes a game and elevates his play to a new level. I'm also going to say watch out for Malakhov too. He might surprise.

Coburnfan05 04-07-2004 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyersFan10
I'm going to say that Danil Markov is going to step up big in the play offs. Now that Desjardins is done, I think Hitch is going to give some big minutes to Markov and he's gonna step up. I say he plays 27 to 30 minutes a game and elevates his play to a new level. I'm also going to say watch out for Malakhov too. He might surprise.

It wouldn't surprise me, watching him in the playoffs with the leafs years ago he was awesome. Throws big hits, clears the crease and I he blocks shots like a madman.

ObeySteve 04-07-2004 01:05 PM

I hope Pitkanen wins the Conn Smythe in the light of idiodic coaching and management moves.

GBailey93 04-07-2004 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ObeySteve
I hope Pitkanen wins the Conn Smythe in the light of idiodic coaching and management moves.

And which idiot moves would those be?

-With the uncertainty of Esche recently, the Burke deal looks great
-The Williams for Markov deal? Where would we be with Williams instead of Markov?
-The benching of a rookie in game 1 when the kid has been tired down the stretch while Timander has been excellent? (of course he is playing now that Desjardins is out)

I'd like to know which moves you are talking about.

Winston Wolf 04-07-2004 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GBailey93
-The benching of a rookie in game 1 when the kid has been tired down the stretch while Timander has been excellent? (of course he is playing now that Desjardins is out)

I'm pretty sure he's talking about that one.

ObeySteve 04-07-2004 01:20 PM

What exactly is the argument that Pitkanen shouldn't be playing? He doesn't have playoff experience?

How is he supposed to even get playoff experience if he's not playing?

GBailey93 04-07-2004 01:58 PM

Quote:

What exactly is the argument that Pitkanen shouldn't be playing? He doesn't have playoff experience?

Quote:

The argument I made is: What other idiotic management and coaching moves? You mention one.

Winston Wolf 04-07-2004 02:01 PM

Quote:

Magic beans, duh.

:banana:

FlyersHomer DM03 04-07-2004 03:23 PM

If the flyers go deep into the playoffs, I think our clutch guy is going to be either Amonte or Keith Primeau. Primeau just has drive this year, looks so determined, amazing move he made on sunday vs. the isles, I think he'd do everything in his power to win the game. He's back and healthy, for sure.

If there will be a superstar made this playoffs, Kim Johnsson, especially with Rico injured he'll be on the ice a ton, and he's scored some big goals in the regular season, no reason why he can't do it when the calndar reads april

Gert B Frobe 04-07-2004 10:10 PM

I'll vote for Zhamnov first but my sleeper pick is...

Sharpe

provided he even sees the ice that is

I'd like to see him dress instead of Lapointe

RoDu 04-07-2004 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mountaineers
I'll vote for Zhamnov first but my sleeper pick is...

Sharpe

provided he even sees the ice that is

I'd like to see him dress instead of Lapointe

yeah, I could see Sharp being like that...Sharp the Devil slayer

easton122 04-07-2004 11:16 PM

I think Recchi is going to step up more this year than he did last year. His good playoffs sparked this amazing comeback season and this amazing comeback season is gonna spark an amazing playoffs :yo:

Well Ill be happy as long as Esche or Recchi or any Flyer for that matter is presented with the Conn Smythe this year :banana:

(Flyerfanofthepeg joined the same month as me in May of 2003 and we both have 665 posts :eek: )