HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   :handclap: I like Dagenai's Attitude.... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=68625)

HabsoluteFate 04-06-2004 11:20 PM

I like Dagenai's Attitude....

on 110% tonight some guy thats on the show all the time (cant remember his name) said he knew Dagenais since he was a little kid and Dagenais told him today (now yesterday) that he would do whatever it took to help the team win, that playing for the montreal canadiens in the playoffs was a childhood dream of his...

now lets up that attitude carries on to the ice...and i personally actually think it will...woudlnt it be great if we saw the emergence of a power forward (kinda like we saw the emergence of Souray & Zednik 2 years ago against the Bruins)...i do realise he's slow btw....i hope that he works on that over the summer because if he did that and actually hit along with his shot this guy could do VERY well...

ah dreaming...must be because today is officially the playoffs :) im having a hard time falling asleep...saw some clips from 2 years ago against the bruins and that just brought back great memories...:) anything can happen...and even if they get swept im proud of this team!

i cant wait to see how Dag/Rib/Ryder react....i think all three will do well...yes even Ribeiro and his small stature...i think there is "winner" in him and although he's no Todd Bertuzi i dont think he's as much of a push over as a lot of people think...
anyways im off to bed if i can sleep ;)

CrAzYNiNe 04-06-2004 11:24 PM

Ya those are my thought exactly. I had this team at like 11 in the east before the season started, no way I would of ever thought we would be in the playoffs. I think we can do some damage, but if we don't it won't bother me too much because the habs have exceeded my expectations. Since we are playing the bruins and a lot of my friends magicly became bruins fans last year, we have to beat them just so they look like completely idiots.

Dripper 04-07-2004 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HabsoluteFate
i cant wait to see how Dag/Rib/Ryder react....i think all three will do well...yes even Ribeiro and his small stature...i think there is "winner" in him and although he's no Todd Bertuzi i dont think he's as much of a push over as a lot of people think...
anyways im off to bed if i can sleep ;)

I for one don't think that Rib's line will play more than 13-14 minutes per game. I know Ribeiro and Ryder finished 1st and 2nd in team scoring but that line combine for an impressive 0 career playoffs games. We have to expect the Thornton's line to log around 21-22 minutes, and it's likely that Julien will oppose Begin-Juneau-Sundstrom against him. Since Koivu's line plays with more intensity I expect them to log around 19-20 minutes.. that leaves 7-8 minutes for Dowd's line and 13-14 for Ribeiro's.

Well.. that was my two cents for today :D

Go Habs! :banana:

Mike8 04-07-2004 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dripper
I for one don't think that Rib's line will play more than 13-14 minutes per game. I know Ribeiro and Ryder finished 1st and 2nd in team scoring but that line combine for an impressive 0 career playoffs games. We have to expect the Thornton's line to log around 21-22 minutes, and it's likely that Julien will oppose Begin-Juneau-Sundstrom against him. Since Koivu's line plays with more intensity I expect them to log around 19-20 minutes.. that leaves 7-8 minutes for Dowd's line and 13-14 for Ribeiro's.

I would be surprised if your numbers are correct. I'd expect each line to get around 10-14 minutes of even strength time. Then Koivu, Kovalev, Zednik, Ribeiro, Ryder will get significant PP time.

Team_Spirit 04-07-2004 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HabsoluteFate
on 110% tonight some guy thats on the show all the time (cant remember his name) said he knew Dagenais since he was a little kid and Dagenais told him today (now yesterday) that he would do whatever it took to help the team win, that playing for the montreal canadiens in the playoffs was a childhood dream of his...

They do this everyday , saying this before the playoffs is just absurd and show he takes some games off in the regular season . To produce , Dagenais has to play while his roster spot is on the line and i hate that , he have to show some consistensy .

Mooch 04-07-2004 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dripper

Julien has already said that their aproach to how they play will be exactly the same as the regular season. Having said that he will probably role all 4 line equaly.