HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Toronto - Florida (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=686463)

Dark Knight 09-29-2009 10:26 PM

Toronto - Florida

:panthers

Ian White
Nikolai Kulemin

:leafs

Nathan Horton

ShootIt 09-29-2009 10:47 PM

I don't think Florida and Toronto make good trading partners.

Both are so so up front and have good depth at the blueline.

No need for Ian White since the Panthers have enough offensive based defensemen and they want to see what Kulikov can do in the first 9 games of the season.

Nate will be playing on the first line with Booth and Weiss(barring how bad his injury is?) and I don't see the Panthers trading him so close to the game versus the opener. jmo

I don't really know who Kulemin is.

Hulk Hogan* 09-29-2009 10:55 PM

Panthers imaginary GM hangs up

Fozz 09-30-2009 07:11 AM

Two spare parts from Toronto for a top-6 forward... :laugh:

And this kind of stuff coming from a mod? :shakehead

TheFisherKing 09-30-2009 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fozz (Post 21337838)
Two spare parts from Toronto for a top-6 forward... :laugh:

And this kind of stuff coming from a mod? :shakehead

kulemin played in our top 6 last year, he'd be there right now if stalberg hadn't blown up. White is a top 4 PMD, who is positionally sound, makes a great breakout pass and can QB your PP.

That said this deal is still a little off value wise, leafs will need to add something else with significant value. I like the deal in principle.

Biggzy* 09-30-2009 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agi (Post 21335783)
Panthers imaginary GM hangs up

It wasn't funny the three other times you said it either.

And this proposal is a joke. A 30 goal scorer for crap? Please sign me up :rolleyes:

Counter:

To Leafs:

McArdle

To Panthers:

Stalberg

suprvilce 09-30-2009 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggzy (Post 21337957)
It wasn't funny the three other times you said it either.

And this proposal is a joke. A 30 goal scorer for crap? Please sign me up :rolleyes:

We should sign you up for some NHL news if you think Kulemin and White are crap.

Biggzy* 09-30-2009 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suprvilce (Post 21338040)
We should sign you up for some NHL news if you think Kulemin and White are crap.

You're right, they're totally worth Horton.

grabo84 09-30-2009 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggzy (Post 21338183)
You're right, they're totally worth Horton.

Right, and Horton's 45 points last year really made a case for him being worth a pile of assets.

I'm not saying the trade makes any sense for Florida, but come on, at least try to say something accurate about the players we're talking about.

Markstrom Rules 09-30-2009 08:59 AM

Oh my god. :facepalm:

Pukboy5kroner 09-30-2009 09:21 AM

Kulemin isn't a bad prospect, but I don't see the Panthers giving up on Horton for him. White is pretty much redundant, as the Panthers have 2 or 3 guys who fill the same role.

gonzo11 09-30-2009 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Slave (Post 21335398)
:panthers

Ian White
Nikolai Kulemin

:leafs

Nathan Horton

because you are a mod a can not say what I want

but in a word no

I like Horton has scored 20+ goals 4 straight year--he is 24

kulemin has noty played in the nhl and he is only a year younger then Horton and white is one of those players that either does something for you or he does not. Horton is a top liner, while White is a 3rd liner and Kulemin is an unknown entity.

I take Horton over both

Schenn 09-30-2009 09:34 AM

Is it really that bad, as posters are proposing above?

Roo 09-30-2009 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Vagabond (Post 21338916)

kulemin has noty played in the nhl

he hasnt?

grabo84 09-30-2009 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pukboy5kroner (Post 21338830)
Kulemin isn't a bad prospect, but I don't see the Panthers giving up on Horton for him. White is pretty much redundant, as the Panthers have 2 or 3 guys who fill the same role.

See, this is a reasonable answer to the proposal. I don't get all the hystrionics from people.

Quote:

kulemin has noty played in the nhl and he is only a year younger then Horton and white is one of those players that either does something for you or he does not. Horton is a top liner, while White is a 3rd liner and Kulemin is an unknown entity.

Why would you post if you don't know what you're talking about?

Pierre Dagenais 09-30-2009 09:49 AM

Quote:

because you are a mod a can not say what I want

but in a word no

I like Horton has scored 20+ goals 4 straight year--he is 24

I take Horton over both

Kulemin played in the NHL last year. Shows what you know.

Biggzy* 09-30-2009 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grabo84 (Post 21338505)
Right, and Horton's 45 points last year really made a case for him being worth a pile of assets.

I'm not saying the trade makes any sense for Florida, but come on, at least try to say something accurate about the players we're talking about.

Kulemin didn't even make the Leafs opening night Roster, and White is just another defensemen, nothing spectacular at all. But the OP wants to trade those two for one of our top 3 forwards? Lol sure.

grabo84 09-30-2009 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggzy (Post 21339491)
Kulemin didn't even make the Leafs opening night Roster, and White is just another defensemen, nothing spectacular at all. But the OP wants to trade those two for one of our top 3 forwards? Lol sure.

They're sending a message to Kulemin, don't act like its any reflection on his skill-set. Remember, I never said it was a good proposal, just that the players involved weren't junk.

OLUSAF 09-30-2009 10:59 AM

i think a deal based around Grabovski and Horton would make more sense

Viqsi 09-30-2009 11:02 AM

The responses in this thread prove a remarkable study in showing how certain players can be both ridiculously underrated and ridiculously overrated at the same time.

We should get a quantum physics lab in here. ;)

projexns 09-30-2009 11:17 AM

If Kulemin/White is a fair offer for Horton, then the Leafs should be willing even moreso to accept Frolik/Leopold for Kessel.

The Wayner 09-30-2009 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by projexns (Post 21340574)
If Kulemin/White is a fair offer for Horton, then the Leafs should be willing even moreso to accept Frolik/Leopold for Kessel.

You really think Kessel and Horton are compareable? Why, becuse both are a top 3?

Darth Milbury 09-30-2009 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grabo84 (Post 21339648)
They're sending a message to Kulemin, don't act like its any reflection on his skill-set. Remember, I never said it was a good proposal, just that the players involved weren't junk.

Horton is a big strong 30 goal scoring forward. yeah, he had a bad year last season. However, Leaf fans (including you, my friend) have continually argued that one bad season should be ignored when evaluating the trade value of guys like Kaberle and VT.

Although I certainly would not call White and Kulemin "junk" neither are high level assets either. White is basically a bottom pairing dman (although he did have a nice year) and Kulemin is a prospect who is a long shot to ever be an impact player.

One sided deal, to say the least.

But, yeah, White and Klumenin are far from being junk assets.

Darth Milbury 09-30-2009 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Wayner (Post 21340686)
You really think Kessel and Horton are compareable? Why, becuse both are a top 3?

Kessel > Horton

but

Frolik >> Kulemin

Kencaid 09-30-2009 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by projexns (Post 21340574)

1 - the eagles suck (your avatar, is it an album cover?)

2 - I actually agree with your point to a certain extent. Leaf fans over rate their players, i agree, however it should be evident that once someone puts on a leaf jersey on these boards their trade value declines. White put up 26pts last year, can move the puck and had a +/- of +7, which is a big deal when playing for the worst defensive team in the NHL. Burke was offered a 2nd rounder, and he declined, so I am thinking his trade value is greater then a 2nd rounder. Kuli was a beast over in russia, even after Malkin left, and had a good rookie year in the NHL. Personally as a leaf fan I would do this deal, but its not in the best interest of either team. Kuli is still a good young player while horton could get a far higher return.