HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Prospect Info: 2009-10 Manchester Monarchs Update Thread (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=686495)

KopitarFAN 09-30-2009 12:50 AM

2009-10 Manchester Monarchs Update Thread
 
I just looked at the roster and I see 8 potential NHLers
Bernier
Hickey
Voynov
Moller
Loktionov
Westgarth
Zatkoff
and maybe even Mikus

Thoughts?

Zad 09-30-2009 12:53 AM

The Calder is ours!

KopitarFAN 09-30-2009 12:56 AM

I don't know about that, but it's nice to see some young talent down there, instead of 2 or 3 guys and a bunch of 27+ year olds.

verbalkint47 09-30-2009 01:03 AM

chester should be good this year (def in the playoffs) but they're still pretty young. def 6 nhlers on the team.

Ziggy Stardust 09-30-2009 01:27 AM

I don't know about Westgarth being a bona fide NHLer quite yet. He still has ways to go. Same with Zatkoff. The others on the list have a good shot at earning a spot, but lets not count our chickens before they hatch.

ru4reals 09-30-2009 03:32 AM

Would it be better to have Loktionov go back to the O? I know he's still eligible right?

riznat 09-30-2009 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ru4reals (Post 21337268)
Would it be better to have Loktionov go back to the O? I know he's still eligible right?

What would make that better? He proved he could handle the OHL and he held his own at camp this year. He's ready for the AHL and will do him good and the rest of our (hopefully) future NHLers down there to have a strong team and push for the playoffs together.

Reaper45 09-30-2009 09:29 AM

Some interesting names on the roster there as well, mainly Egener and Voce.

JMFJ 3 09-30-2009 09:51 AM

Hopefully they can qualify for the playoffs

Capn Brown 09-30-2009 12:56 PM

http://www.monarchshockey.com/roster.php


http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/s...g?t=1254332926




Anybody care to take a stab at the Monarch line combos?

King / Loktionov / Moller
Parse / Azevedo / Holloway
Pelech / Cliche / Meckler
Zeiler / Gauthier / Westgarth

Hickey / Campbell
Voynov / Piskula
Bagnall / Mullen


Bernier
Zatkoff



Will this Mikus guy be any good?



EDIT:
This link is good for following Monarch stats.

JDM 09-30-2009 01:09 PM

Mikus-Moller-Loktionov
King-Azevedo-Pelech
Parse-Cliche-Holloway
Nolan-Elkins-Westgarth

Voynov-Hickey
Campbell-Mullen
Bagnall-Kolomatis

Bernier
Zatkoff

Capn Brown 09-30-2009 01:12 PM

So, assuming players don't make the Monarch roster, can we now send them to either the 'Reading Royals' or the 'Ontario Reign'? Is that the deal?

JMFJ 3 09-30-2009 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDM (Post 21342871)
Mikus-Moller-Loktionov
King-Azevedo-Pelech
Parse-Cliche-Holloway
Nolan-Elkins-Westgarth

Voynov-Hickey
Campbell-Mullen
Bagnall-Kolomatis

Bernier
Zatkoff

Did Gabe Gauthier disappear or something?

Puck U 09-30-2009 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capn Brown (Post 21342930)
So, assuming players don't make the Monarch roster, can we now send them to either the 'Reading Royals' or the 'Ontario Reign'? Is that the deal?

NO, the Kings gave up their ECHL affiliation with the Royals, they'd be sent to the Ontario Reign.

JDM 09-30-2009 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMFJ 3 (Post 21344808)
Did Gabe Gauthier disappear or something?

No, I thought about him. I just see little reason to give him more time. He's had his chance. But you are right that he will probably play. I just would rather give a new guy like Elkins a chance. We have enough little guys in Moller, Lokti and Azavedo.

Ziggy Stardust 09-30-2009 03:08 PM

Wow, they managed to invite a player smaller than Azevedo. Peter Lenes at 5'6" 160.

SFKingshomer 09-30-2009 03:11 PM

Good! Hopefully they make the playoffs.

Butch 19 09-30-2009 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KopitarFAN (Post 21336646)
I just looked at the roster and I see 8 potential NHLers
Bernier
Hickey
Voynov
Moller
Loktionov
Westgarth
Zatkoff
and maybe even Mikus

Thoughts?

Isn't potential just great?

Johnny Utah 09-30-2009 03:16 PM

For the first time since the lockout Manchester finally has some size to go with the skill.

PensFan101 09-30-2009 03:20 PM

As an Owen Sound fan anxiously awaiting the results of Manchester's camp, can anyone tell me if Kolomatis has 100% made the team? Or is there a chance he'll get returned to Owen Sound for an OA season? The team could really use him right about now.

The Black1963 09-30-2009 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDM (Post 21342871)
Mikus-Moller-Loktionov
King-Azevedo-Pelech
Parse-Cliche-Holloway
Nolan-Elkins-Westgarth

Voynov-Hickey
Campbell-Mullen
Bagnall-Kolomatis

Bernier
Zatkoff

Not sure if King belongs on the second line just yet. King to me can be another Simmonds type of player if he had some heart. He's a big boy with some good offensive skills but that desire just isn't there yet. He's a third liner at best right now.

I would put Parse on the second line.

JMFJ 3 09-30-2009 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDM (Post 21344869)
No, I thought about him. I just see little reason to give him more time. He's had his chance. But you are right that he will probably play. I just would rather give a new guy like Elkins a chance. We have enough little guys in Moller, Lokti and Azavedo.

You still needs veterans at the AHL level, Gauthier isn't considered a prospect but he's still a very good AHL player.

JDM 09-30-2009 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RH63 (Post 21345118)
Not sure if King belongs on the second line just yet. King to me can be another Simmonds type of player if he had some heart. He's a big boy with some good offensive skills but that desire just isn't there yet. He's a third liner at best right now.

I would put Parse on the second line.

I put him there to counter Azevedo's lack of size. If I remember correctly, this was also a line during training camp and the rookie tourney. I would think, if either of those wingers don't belong on the 2nd line, it would be Pelech.

JDM 09-30-2009 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMFJ 3 (Post 21345170)
You still needs veterans at the AHL level, Gauthier isn't considered a prospect but he's still a very good AHL player.

True. Not disagreeing with you, there are just 12 other forwards I'd rather see get ice time.

Johnny Utah 09-30-2009 04:25 PM

Finally a tough team....Nolan, King, Westy, Bagnall, Campbell and Pelech can all scrap. Reminds me of when they had Brennan, Flinn and Rullier!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:02 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.