HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Claimed off Waivers: Penguins claim Chris Bourque (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=686674)

SweetLoup 09-30-2009 12:25 PM

Penguins claim Chris Bourque

Link : http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?id=11009

AtlantaWhaler 09-30-2009 12:27 PM

Great pickup by the Pens...I'm surprised he lasted that long...

CAPiTA 09-30-2009 12:28 PM

Interesting... he could be serviceable on the 3rd line in case Cooke goes down or something. Hell, he could ever score some with Malkin as his center.

strungout 09-30-2009 12:31 PM

There are a select few Caps fans that don't have a problem with it...

The rest of us?

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/me..._L_Jackson.gif

kmillzy5 09-30-2009 12:32 PM

nicee Shero strikes again!

Big McLargehuge 09-30-2009 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CAPiTA (Post 21341987)
Interesting... he could be serviceable on the 3rd line in case Cooke goes down or something. Hell, he could ever score some with Malkin as his center.

My guess is he'll be on the third line without Cooke being hurt. There's a vacancy right now thanks to Tyler Kennedy jumping up to the second line that hasn't really been filled. Pascal Dupuis and Bourque should be battling it out for that spot. Considering Bourque's playing style he'd probably be a better fit on that line.

Randall Ritchey 09-30-2009 12:40 PM

Great pick up with Talbot being out, he could do well playing with Geno.

NYR Sting 09-30-2009 12:42 PM

He's really not very good. Playing with 71 or 87, I guess he could put up some points. But almost anyone could with them.

SergeConstantin74 09-30-2009 12:42 PM

Was Pittsburgh the last team on the list?

QuadrupleDeke 09-30-2009 12:42 PM

I am one of the few Caps fans who really doesn't give a crap about this move (and the rest are only upset that it's Pittsburgh, and will come to their senses soon). This kid has been in the organization for 3 years, and has yet to crack our top 13 forwards without the aid of many injuries to our regular starters. If he really does end up making Pittsburgh's third line (or playing on a line with Malkin, as someone suggested), then that is very telling about the Penguins' depth at the wing position.

If his name was Chris Smith, no one would care about this move.

Devilswede 09-30-2009 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 (Post 21342298)

No, the Isles were after their pickup of Schremp yesterday.....

QuadrupleDeke 09-30-2009 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devilswede (Post 21342332)

Until November 1, the waiver order is the reverse order of last year's regular season standings. So no... Pittsburgh was not last.

Pharrow 09-30-2009 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler (Post 21341973)

2nded

Big McLargehuge 09-30-2009 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 (Post 21342298)

No, it goes by regular season standings so Pittsburgh was 23rd on the list. Downright baffling how he fell through that many teams with a two-way one year $577k deal.

TravisUlrich 09-30-2009 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuadrupleDeke (Post 21342309)
I am one of the few Caps fans who really doesn't give a crap about this move (and the rest are only upset that it's Pittsburgh, and will come to their senses soon). This kid has been in the organization for 3 years, and has yet to crack our top 13 forwards without the aid of many injuries to our regular starters. If he really does end up making Pittsburgh's third line (or playing on a line with Malkin, as someone suggested), then that is very telling about the Penguins' depth at the wing position.

Well the fact that he was waived and fell all the way to Pittsburgh is telling that his value has fallen in the NHL, but I don't think anyone really cares about his last name.

Selanne08* 09-30-2009 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler (Post 21341973)

why.

Coach John McGuirk 09-30-2009 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strungout (Post 21342052)
There are a select few Caps fans that don't have a problem with it...

The rest of us?

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/me..._L_Jackson.gif

Ah man, that gif gets me every time. :biglaugh:

Gonna go ahead and say that's the best picture on the entire internet.

Selanne08* 09-30-2009 12:50 PM

someone tell me why there is so much joy about this pickup. is it his last name?

as another poster already stated, he has done nothing to warrant a call up, even with the boat load of injuries the caps forwards had.

to me he is a career AHLer and there is nothing wrong with that.

eklunds source 09-30-2009 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devilswede (Post 21342332)

This isn't fantasy hockey. Claiming a player on waivers does not affect the order.

pucks1 09-30-2009 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Mighty Boosh (Post 21342459)
Ah man, that gif gets me every time. :biglaugh:

Gonna go ahead and say that's the best picture on the entire internet.

Please tell me what move this is from!:nod:

btn 09-30-2009 12:58 PM

Quote:

If he really does end up making Pittsburgh's third line (or playing on a line with Malkin, as someone suggested), then that is very telling about the Penguins' depth at the wing position.

The Pens have abysmal depth at wing, is it really that much of a surprise. When you have centers on your top 3 lines like the Pens do, you can get away with it.

brs03 09-30-2009 12:59 PM

Quote:

Uh, no. He earned a roster spot last season, but got shafted because he was waiver exempt and Fehr wasn't. There are plenty of fans who are legitimately miffed (or at least puzzled) about this move, not necessarily because it's the Pens, but because the team basically gave away a young guy with some upside/versatility so that they could keep some AHLers on the roster (Laing or Sloan specifically) long term. And that feeling likely would have persisted had he cleared and later been assigned to the AHL again.

Mr Jiggyfly 09-30-2009 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selanne08 (Post 21342474)
someone tell me why there is so much joy about this pickup. is it his last name?

as another poster already stated, he has done nothing to warrant a call up, even with the boat load of injuries the caps forwards had.

to me he is a career AHLer and there is nothing wrong with that.

Shero did pretty well off the waiver wire last season with Ziggy and Adams...

Pens need a TK like replacement for the third line. Bourque plays a similar style to TK. The move makes sense to me.

Even if it doesn't pan out, it isn't like they gave up any assets. If it does pan out like Shero's other waiver wire moves, then he just made his team better.

Pretty smart move with zero risk.

strungout 09-30-2009 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brs03 (Post 21342669)
Uh, no. He earned a roster spot last season, but got shafted because he was waiver exempt and Fehr wasn't. There are plenty of fans who are legitimately miffed (or at least puzzled) about this move, not necessarily because it's the Pens, but because the team basically gave away a young guy with some upside/versatility so that they could keep some AHLers on the roster (Laing or Sloan specifically) long term. And that feeling likely would have persisted had he cleared and later been assigned to the AHL again.

Well said.

Piggy backing on the bolded point...I have no problem whatsoever that it was the Pens that grabbed him. My anger isn't stemming from who picked him up...just that he was made available to begin with when other players (Sloan and Laing) are on the roster.

Jag68Sid87 09-30-2009 01:09 PM

It never hurts to bring in a 23-year-old character kid into your organization, especially one with pedigree AND upside.

I love this pickup.