HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   superstition still sucks! Preds at Wings Game 1 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=68769)

Radulov for Czar* 04-07-2004 12:42 PM

superstition still sucks! Preds at Wings Game 1

Let's go boys, come out flying!! Get a quick one and don't let up the pressure. :banana:

gopreds98 04-07-2004 01:16 PM

It's about time somebody started the GDT.

Let's go Preds!

jstreet 04-07-2004 02:04 PM

T minus 4 hours and counting to Preds History.

gopreds98 04-07-2004 02:47 PM

Anyone else getting nervous?

I just keep praying that Trotz brought some matches to light up Vokoun.

Basher 04-07-2004 02:54 PM

I have a stinkin' class right at 6. Geez. I would skip it, no problem, like any other class, but its a half-semester class and its the final. Ever heard of Artificial Insemination of Cattle? Yea, I get to stick my hand in a cows poop-shoot while the Preds are playin'. I thought about takin' a walkman radio, but I figure if we score and I go to pump some fists, that I might just catch a hoof to the balls. So, enjoy, I'll watch it on tape later, and give comments after that.

DocMcKay 04-07-2004 03:34 PM

I've got a lacrosse game to ref at 4:30. I'll be racing to get back home.

gopreds98 04-07-2004 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basher
I have a stinkin' class right at 6. Geez. I would skip it, no problem, like any other class, but its a half-semester class and its the final. Ever heard of Artificial Insemination of Cattle? Yea, I get to stick my hand in a cows poop-shoot while the Preds are playin'. I thought about takin' a walkman radio, but I figure if we score and I go to pump some fists, that I might just catch a hoof to the balls. So, enjoy, I'll watch it on tape later, and give comments after that.

:lol:
That is just about the best excuse I've ever seen.

Jarnberg 04-07-2004 03:55 PM

I hope the Preds don't pull the usual while being on National TV.

gopreds98 04-07-2004 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by csstranger
I hope the Preds don't pull the usual while being on National TV.

Don't jinx us........

not that we all haven't thought about that.

What I really want to see is the Predators team that played Detroit in our first game against them this season.

My overall thoughts on the series: if Vokoun gets hot and we play our game, rather than letting Detroit dictate the speed and style, we've got a good shot at pulling the upset. If we let Detroit skate and drive things, we're done. And, of course, Vokoun has to be stellar or we have no shot at all.

Basher 04-07-2004 04:30 PM

I bet this first game says a lot about how the series will turn out. If they dominate, don't expect much short of a sweep. If we win or at least keep it close, I see 6 or 7 games easy.

SmokeyClause 04-07-2004 04:37 PM

Quote:

I bet this first game says a lot about how the series will turn out. If they dominate, don't expect much short of a sweep. If we win or at least keep it close, I see 6 or 7 games easy.

I would tend to disagree. I think we'll lay an egg tonight. A: I think there will be some emotional let down now that we are in it. They can talk about it all they want, but the Stanley Cup isn't their goal, the playoffs were. Anything else is just gravy. B: We'll be very nervous. We looked kind of nervous against St. Louis and I expect that to continue. I think we'll come out very timid tonight and get toasted and then we'll respond much better in the next game.

hillbilly 04-07-2004 04:37 PM

I hope Tootoo comes out flying, I'd love to see Tootoo flatten Hatcher

Buffalo Stylee 04-07-2004 04:46 PM

Quote:

Funniest post I've ever heard here. :lol:

(don't get me wrong, i have a lot more than 10 posts, under a different name I can't use anymore)

Buffalo Stylee 04-07-2004 04:48 PM

Preds will come out flying and the Red Wings will be surprised. 4-2 Nashville tonite.

Basher 04-07-2004 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
I would tend to disagree. I think we'll lay an egg tonight. A: I think there will be some emotional let down now that we are in it. They can talk about it all they want, but the Stanley Cup isn't their goal, the playoffs were. Anything else is just gravy. B: We'll be very nervous. We looked kind of nervous against St. Louis and I expect that to continue. I think we'll come out very timid tonight and get toasted and then we'll respond much better in the next game.

Also a likely avenue, one we've traveled before. I just think that once Detroit smells blood, they will be that much harder to beat. Last year, they didn't even have chance at gaining momentum, per se, but Anaheim did what they had to do at key times to keep Detroit from getting on a roll. Thats just why I think a game 1 loss would hurt us so bad. But either way, I think we'll put up a fight, and a sweep is VERY unlikely, given our style of play and heart.

golfmade 04-07-2004 05:08 PM

Have to work but of course will be listening to the game, GO PREDS :banana: :clap:

golfmade 04-07-2004 06:12 PM

GOAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL :banana: :clap:

Cyclops II* 04-07-2004 06:13 PM

Scoressssssssss!!!!!!! 1-0 Preds. GO PREDS GO.

golfmade 04-07-2004 06:15 PM

Sully On The Penalty Shot!!!

golfmade 04-07-2004 06:16 PM

Way wide. :banghead:

Joe T Choker 04-07-2004 06:22 PM

http://www.auzchat.net/Jchat/HFchat.htm

jstreet 04-07-2004 06:25 PM

Awesome game so far!! Keep it up!!!

barrytrotzsneck 04-07-2004 06:55 PM

naturally, the flunkies on espn don't give us any credit. the score is more to blame on detroit's lack of effort rather than nashville's work. :shakehead :mad:

golfmade 04-07-2004 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids
naturally, the flunkies on espn don't give us any credit. the score is more to blame on detroit's lack of effort rather than nashville's work. :shakehead :mad:

Let 'em, remember our theory about this team and attention received?

Gaborik10 04-07-2004 07:52 PM

Heys guys, don't listen to them....they did the same thing to us last year. Believe me, that goal was the result of your team's hard work. They've outworked Detroit the entire game so far in fact. Detroit hasn't done much at all. Vokoun has been great for you guys!!