HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Prospect Info: Hartford Wolf Pack 2009-2010 Season Thread (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=688253)

Osminator 10-03-2009 08:04 PM

Hartford Wolf Pack 2009-2010 Season Thread

Hartford Wolf Pack 2009-2010 Season Thread

Jarkko Immonen 10-03-2009 09:58 PM

Tough loss tonight it seems. Glad they tried to battle back. I didn't watch so I won't comment. Sticky this!

bmoak 10-03-2009 10:00 PM

Ugly game. Disgusting effort.

Jarkko Immonen 10-03-2009 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmoak (Post 21414557)
Ugly game. Disgusting effort.

Care to elaborate? How'd Pissmiller look? :laugh:

Leslie Treff 10-04-2009 07:33 AM

Hartford Game Review and notes on HF Rangers' Blog http://HFRangersblog.com

Leslie Treff 10-04-2009 08:00 AM

Pack Lose First Regular Season Game on Defensive Errors

The Hartford Wolf Pack lost last night’s season opener to the Binghamton Senators by the score of 5-3, in a game where the Wolf Pack were completely outplayed by the opposing team. There were some bright spots in the game for Hartford, but mostly it was a disappointing game for a team with so much [...]

More...

Osminator 10-04-2009 08:15 AM

great recap leslie... thanks very much! keep it up! :handclap:

Osminator 10-04-2009 08:16 AM

great reading leslie.. thanks! :handclap:

offdacrossbar 10-04-2009 08:46 AM

i was at the game. was not impressed with the effort.

we have some talent but too many grinder types. grachev didnt do much. he needs a better centerman than rismiler whom i do not care for. corey locke would be better or even arnason.

defense looked ok. i liked heikkenin alot. he played smooth game and seems to do the right things. bobby sangs played well. he needs to get more involved and take charge.

dale weise is a good hockey player, hes just smart.

ambuhl is fast and causes havok. i like this guy.

zaba was not sharp. he was fighting the puck all night. like leslie, i want to see what johnson can do. zaba just hasnt lloked good at all when ive seen him.

looks like we need a bit more offensive creativity and the d to settle in and were going to be a strong team. we have some studs on defense who need to get over being cut from camp and play better in their own end and they will be a tough team to play against. better goaltending will come i think with johnson in net too.

bleedblue94 10-04-2009 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by offdacrossbar (Post 21420147)
i was at the game. was not impressed with the effort.

we have some talent but too many grinder types. grachev didnt do much. he needs a better centerman than rismiler whom i do not care for. corey locke would be better or even arnason.

defense looked ok. i liked heikkenin alot. he played smooth game and seems to do the right things. bobby sangs played well. he needs to get more involved and take charge.

dale weise is a good hockey player, hes just smart.

ambuhl is fast and causes havok. i like this guy.

zaba was not sharp. he was fighting the puck all night. like leslie, i want to see what johnson can do. zaba just hasnt lloked good at all when ive seen him.

looks like we need a bit more offensive creativity and the d to settle in and were going to be a strong team. we have some studs on defense who need to get over being cut from camp and play better in their own end and they will be a tough team to play against. better goaltending will come i think with johnson in net too.

i was at the game as well and in the 3rd they moved grachev away from rismiller and put him w arnason... still not the best but better. rismiller was brutal last night.
first goal crowder was standing on the halfwall w the puck as the team was breakout up the ice and just got sloppy and waited too long. the team flew the zone and he stood there and was just pick pocketed and the puck was cleared to a sens player standing all alone in front... bam goal.
then rismiller did something similar standing in his own slot with the puck and just was so lackadaisical and again allow to just have it stolen, and again a goal.
zaba was not impressive by any means and looked shaky all night.
the team SEVERELY struggled breaking the puck out, and the transitional play was very slow. they especially struggled on the PP trying to get up the ice as the sens continually were able to dictate where the defense took the puck and then suffocate the zone since they refused to dump and retrieve.

BrooklynRangersFan 10-04-2009 11:17 AM

Anyone else concerned that we have too many bad apples on our farm team? I mean one guy (my choice would be Williams since he's still young and has the physical tools) is fine, especially if you then surround him with steady, dedicated veteran guys. But when two of your centers are guys who think they are mistreated NHLers and have documented attitude problems AND you're trying to reclaim a guy whose team has traded him away for similar issues, I'm not sure I want Grachev, Sangs, et. al. trying to develop their games in that atmosphere...

And if they add Doyle next year? Hoo boy.

Osminator 10-04-2009 03:01 PM

According to Howlings, Devin DiDIomete has a broken arm and is out for six weeks (that is why he didn't play in the season opener)

Jarkko Immonen 10-04-2009 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osminator (Post 21424641)
According to Howlings, Devin DiDIomete has a broken arm and is out for six weeks (that is why he didn't play in the season opener)

And my little sister mourns...haha

squishy 10-04-2009 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jarkko Immonen (Post 21425302)
And my little sister mourns...haha

So does my brother's girlfriend. (I don't get it at all)

squishy 10-04-2009 03:55 PM

In a rare column about the Wolf Pack (that doesn't lament the loss of the Whalers) Jeff Jacobs of the Hartford Courant writes about Evgeny Grachev:

Quote:

Drawing direct comparisons to Anisimov, who scored 37 goals during an All-Star season with the Pack last year, isn’t entirely fair. Yes, they are big, Russian and talented, but Anisimov, 21, is a center with more finesse skills, and the Rangers are building Grachev into a power winger. Nevertheless, it is instructive to follow their growth charts.

“Evgeny has his own NHL dream,” Gernander said, “but it’s good for guys to know others have cut their teeth here and gone on to bigger things.

“Artie was lean, not as physically mature when he came [in 2007]. He’s a puck distributor. Artie had more dangles. This kid is a little more up and down, more powerful entering the zone. It was interesting with Artie. I used to say some pretty basic things and he’d come two days later and ask what does that mean?”

After his year with Brampton of the Ontario Hockey League, it’s a safe assumption that Grachev understands his coach. He had English in school and also a home-teacher who taught him some more.

“When I came to North America, I knew some words,” Grachev said. “And it was easy for me to learn more. It wasn’t a hard decision for me to come. I didn’t want to play in the KHL. They just take young guys. They don’t play them. I came here to play. I was a bit upset at first when they didn’t get me to Hartford right away, but once I got to juniors I was happy with the team and the hockey.”
http://www.courant.com/sports/hockey...2858496.column

Edit to add: Just saw it already had its own thread on the main board, but I'm going to leave it in here as well since it's a Hartford story.

eco's bones 10-04-2009 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan (Post 21421383)
Anyone else concerned that we have too many bad apples on our farm team? I mean one guy (my choice would be Williams since he's still young and has the physical tools) is fine, especially if you then surround him with steady, dedicated veteran guys. But when two of your centers are guys who think they are mistreated NHLers and have documented attitude problems AND you're trying to reclaim a guy whose team has traded him away for similar issues. Not sure I want Grachev, Sangs, et. al. trying to develop their games in this atmosphere...

Good point.

squishy 10-04-2009 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan (Post 21421383)
Anyone else concerned that we have too many bad apples on our farm team? I mean one guy (my choice would be Williams since he's still young and has the physical tools) is fine, especially if you then surround him with steady, dedicated veteran guys. But when two of your centers are guys who think they are mistreated NHLers and have documented attitude problems AND you're trying to reclaim a guy whose team has traded him away for similar issues, I'm not sure I want Grachev, Sangs, et. al. trying to develop their games in that atmosphere...

Rissmiller is the only one I'm truly concerned about. Arneson signed a 2-way deal, you'd have to think he knew what was likely to come. It's early, of course, but I haven't seen or heard anything to suggest he's a problem. Williams may have issues, but he's young and eligible to be sent to Charlotte if he gets out of line -- I don't see Gernander letting him get away with the things Rissmiller does (or did, who knows, maybe he came into camp with a completely different attitude this year... somehow I doubt it.)

I'm not worried about Doyle at the moment, because with so many kids already under contract, I'd be surprised if the Rangers even bother to sign him.

asparkoflife 10-05-2009 06:10 PM

Wiikman reassigned to Charlotte today per Jim Cerny's Twitter

http://twitter.com/JimCerny

Vitto79 10-05-2009 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by playstationline (Post 21440878)
Wiikman reassigned to hartford today per Jim Cerny's Twitter

http://twitter.com/JimCerny

Charlotte ECHL u mean.......well I am sure he' going to take off to Euro next yr .....at one time I thought he would be the backup in NY

asparkoflife 10-05-2009 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vitto79 (Post 21443372)
Charlotte ECHL u mean.......well I am sure he' going to take off to Euro next yr .....at one time I thought he would be the backup in NY

Yeah I mean Charlotte...its edited now.

BrooklynRangersFan 10-05-2009 09:00 PM

Geez. Given the play we've seen so far, I'd've thought it would be Zaba going down.

Beacon 10-05-2009 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squishy (Post 21426633)
Williams may have issues, but he's young and eligible to be sent to Charlotte</quote>

Wait, does that mean that some players aren't eligible to be sent to the ECHL? I've never heard of that.

<quote>I'm not worried about Doyle at the moment, because with so many kids already under contract, I'd be surprised if the Rangers even bother to sign him.

They should definitely sign him. A kit of kids his age don't have their screwed on right, but he's got talent and we should see what happens after couple of years around adults in the AHL.

Given his troubles, he'll sign any contract Slats offers him, so it will be a good gamble.

Jarkko Immonen 10-05-2009 10:12 PM

It could be to get Wiikman back into game shape at a lower level.

Brooklyn Ranger 10-05-2009 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jarkko Immonen (Post 21446221)
It could be to get Wiikman back into game shape at a lower level.

That thought occurred to me too--especially because the Pack doesn't play again for a while (Friday?).

Jarkko Immonen 10-05-2009 11:13 PM

Yeah they don't play again until this weekend. It could be a possibility. They aren't going to just give up on Wiikman without giving him a chance to lose his spot.