HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Welcome to Worcester; Pack go down 5-2. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=68899)

Pearl Necklace 04-07-2004 10:15 PM

Welcome to Worcester; Pack go down 5-2.

(in a tollbooth Willie accent of course)

Very few highlights to this game.
1. Balej to Tyutin to top left corner. Got me out of my seat!
2. Full contact musical chairs (sponsored by a local bar) 5 dudes from Holy Cross made it well worth watching. MSG needs this.
3. I was blind drunk by the 3rd period. How did I get home?

Fletch 04-07-2004 10:18 PM

Tyutin and Giroux with goals...

Balej and Murray with assists in tonight's 5-2 loss. Viliquette was in goal.

Pearl Necklace 04-07-2004 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fletch
Balej and Murray with assists in tonight's 5-2 loss. Viliquette was in goal.

Don't read into the shot count. Valiquette was swiss cheese. Tyutin's goal was a great one timer fed by Balej. Giroux's goal was a lucky bounce off of the goalies back.

Who ever Cullen is, he's a ***** who can't fight clean.

BDubinskyNYR17* 04-07-2004 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pearl Necklace
Don't read into the shot count. Valiquette was swiss cheese. Tyutin's goal was a great one timer fed by Balej. Giroux's goal was a lucky bounce off of the goalies back.

Who ever Cullen is, he's a ***** who can't fight clean.

What happened with Cullen?? he is signed to AHL contract

Pearl Necklace 04-07-2004 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
What happened with Cullen?? he is signed to AHL contract

He took three shots to the mug from "Fitz", a dude a foot taller, then he shot a single leg takedown. For some reason the ref grabbed Fitz first, the guy on his back, Cullen threw two rights and was pulled off a defenseless guy on his back.

Oh yeah, then I never saw him on the ice again. Atleast, not noticeably.

BDubinskyNYR17* 04-07-2004 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pearl Necklace
He took three shots to the mug from "Fitz", a dude a foot taller, then he shot a single leg takedown. For some reason the ref grabbed Fitz first, the guy on his back, Cullen threw two rights and was pulled off a defenseless guy on his back.

Oh yeah, then I never saw him on the ice again. Atleast, not noticeably.

What channel was the game on?? How did the other guys play like Stals, Weller, Heerema, Lampman, Lawson??

charliemurphy 04-08-2004 06:17 AM

It wouldn't be airing on the MSG Network that's for sure.

Melrose_Jr. 04-08-2004 08:53 AM

"Dollar twenty five please". ;)

Sounded like a very "Ranger-esque" game.

Quote:

"We were up 2-1 and our guys stopped playing, they thought the game was won," McGill said.
Click for recap

Slats432 04-08-2004 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
What channel was the game on?? How did the other guys play like Stals, Weller, Heerema, Lampman, Lawson??

I also made it to the game.

Stals seems to have decent speed, but other than that I didn't see any particular skill that stood out.

Lawson seemed to have good puck pursuit, and have some hockey sense, he knew where to be and where to go on the ice. One thing I noticed is that he looks like he lacks a top gear. Other than that he seemed decent.

Welller played with Tjutin which can make anyone look good. Man that Tjutin is smooth....

Heerema and Lampman looked very invisible to me....I didn't notice either do anything of any great effectiveness.

Bring out a big disappointment in the performance of Dominic Moore. Looked disinterested, didn't initiate anything, didn't create anything. I expected more from Moore. No less, no more.

Giroux looked like he showed promise. Good effort, never gave up on the puck. Tried a few moves that didn't work but he created offense a few times.

First couple periods Valiquette looked sharp, but I left at the end of the 2nd.

The big thumbs up award goes to Josef Balej. Speed to burn, desire, skill, sense. If he continues his development, he will be a player.

Jeff Paul seems a little light on hockey sense, blind passes etc.

Layne Ulmer needs to work on his skating and his shot...well, needs improvement.

The Murray, Balej and Larose line had lots of pressure through two. Other than that not too much else to report.