HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Carolina Hurricanes (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   GDT: Hurricanes vs Lightning (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=689127)

Caniac4ever 10-06-2009 12:00 AM

Hurricanes vs Lightning

Well... Can our boys do it? After starting the season 0-2 everyone is looking for a complete turn around from our last dismal effort. The Bolts are 0-1 and will also be looking for their first win of the season. Cole is obviously out and the Bolts will be playing without Kurtis Foster. I think we all believe that the Canes can put forth a much better showing than we have seen thus far. Let's hope that tonight is the night we get to see that all around team game we've been looking for...

Game starts at 7:00.

No television but Chuck will be calling the game on 99.9 or at wral.com.

Anton Skinner 10-06-2009 05:28 AM

ummm......Go Canes?

lets hope they can look fairly good. Bolts always seem to give them trouble. guess we'll see. or, well, hear lol

AntonFromAppState 10-06-2009 06:10 AM

I'm thinking about going, its college night. We'll see though.

Scorvo 10-06-2009 08:04 AM

I know there isn't any tv anywhere for the game, but does anyone know if gamecenter is going to have it? I remember them doing jumbotron feeds with it a few times with a radio guy as the play-by-play last year

Guy 10-06-2009 08:18 AM

Quote:

Bolts always seem to give them trouble.
We swept them last year, not that it means anything this year. But at least in 08-09, they didn't give us a problem.

I'm cautiously optimistic about this game, I think they'll come out fired up.

dmonk 10-06-2009 08:21 AM

Has anyone seen the failboat on the horizon?

Old Uncle 10-06-2009 09:33 AM

I heard that the failboat was in drydock for repairs over the summer, but that the stimulus money just came through so they want to work three shifts a day, seven days a week to get it finished. However, the plans have been mislaid and there is a question of which bank account the money went to. They are investigating some politician in Chicago. Something about the Olympic bid.

Speedy Russian 10-06-2009 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorvo (Post 21450148)
I know there isn't any tv anywhere for the game, but does anyone know if gamecenter is going to have it? I remember them doing jumbotron feeds with it a few times with a radio guy as the play-by-play last year

nope... its not on gamecenter.. im so angry

Chrispy 10-06-2009 10:47 AM

It's official: Conboy and Pitkanen in, Harrison out.

Pitkanen/Ward
Gleason/Corvo
Alberts/Wallin

No word on the forward combinations in that entry, but I assume it will be the same as Chip reported yesterday:

Samsonov/Staal/Ruutu
Whitney/Cullen/LaRose
Jokinen/Brind'Amour/Walker
Conboy/Yelle/Kostopoulos

WhiteTrashAmerican 10-06-2009 11:19 AM

I will be there reppin ecu for college night

Sasha Cares 10-06-2009 11:21 AM

Not sure Sammy will be on the first line... I'm almost expecting to see LaRose or Whitney up there

Tank King Jimmy 10-06-2009 11:27 AM

Boys need some motivation!

caniacgirl12 10-06-2009 11:28 AM

I would hope that Saturday's game would be motivation enough.

AntonFromAppState 10-06-2009 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloveSave (Post 21451871)
I will be there reppin ecu for college night

I dunno what I should do the first college night I went to I wore my App jersey over my canes jersey and we were down 2-0 against the leafs but then we won in OT. The second time we lost. I will be wearing my hat though.

Guerzy 10-06-2009 11:44 AM

I have a feeling tonight's not going to be a very good night for the boys. Something tells me we're expecting a big effort in terms of what we just witnessed, but I don't think we'll see it. I think Tampa is going to have a good year, be a playoff team or mighty close to it. I can see their top 6 doing some damage against us tonight and i'm just not sure how we're going to respond. We'll see.

Kinda pissing on the parade here, but that's my hunch. Look on the bright side, I thought we'd put it to Boston pretty good (for whatever reason), outplay them physically... and we know what happened. So maybe it's good I feel this way.

Edit: And if we lose and our PP continues to be ****, it's Babchuk's fault. It's simple - blame Babs. Afterall, if we had him our PP would be blowing teams out of the water, our PK would be perfect, he would have likely fed Lucic his lunch, we would be 2-0 on the season and probably wouldn't even have been scored on yet. :)

Laus723 10-06-2009 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LarosefortheHart (Post 21451998)
Boys need some motivation!

:laugh: That Mzatthew Belinkie's got a lot of time on his hands. Well done, though.

OrioleWay 10-06-2009 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guerzy (Post 21452278)
I have a feeling tonight's not going to be a very good night for the boys.

Maybe you're wrong again with this feelings. Last time, i mean last game when we plays against Bruins, you think we are going to play big game and win but...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guerzy (Post 21398656)
I think we'll see a big game from the boys tonight. I felt we played a well all-around game last night, we just didn't get the bounces --- as the saying goes. Our effort was there, we played well as a team and skated as a unit, created our own offensive opportunities and showed up physically. Could have been our 2 points just as easily as it ended up being Philly's. Just the way it goes sometimes. Time to take the positives and move on.

Prediction: 5-2 Canes.

I got a feeling our PP will do some damage tonight. We'll see the same effort as last night and I see us dominating the Bruins physically. Call it an optimistic hunch. Big 2 points to get us on track here and avoid an ugly 0-2 start to an optimistic season.

I hope you're wrong again but this time team win. Honestly i don't know what can i expected from this team. We can beat every team, you know, but we can lose against every team all the time. It's a caniac thing, you know people :laugh:

Guerzy 10-06-2009 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caniacho (Post 21452732)
Maybe you're wrong again with this feelings. Last time, i mean last game when we plays against Bruins, you think we are going to play big game and win but...

I hope you're wrong again but this time team win. Honestly i don't know what can i expected from this team. We can beat every team, you know, but we can lose against every team all the time. It's a caniac thing, you know people :laugh:

That's what I am hoping for, this team to make me look like an idiot again. :laugh:

AcidQueen 10-06-2009 01:00 PM

We're so hosed.

Vagrant 10-06-2009 05:26 PM

I spent the entire day thinking this game was on television. I am so bummed out right now.

dmonk 10-06-2009 05:41 PM

I've been told several NHL scouts are present at the game tonight, including one from Canucs...

Although, I have no idea why, nor speculations why.

vwg* 10-06-2009 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vagrant (Post 21458005)
I spent the entire day thinking this game was on television. I am so bummed out right now.

I made the same mistake... I just got a 42'' HDTV and was pumped to watch some hockey on it.

Cardiac_Canes 10-06-2009 06:24 PM

Well, I see Conboy is already at it. He fought Zenon Konopka. Wonder how he fared.

faulkingdynamic 10-06-2009 06:26 PM

its a shame a sad sack network like Versus got the NHL to give them exclusive nights despite the fact that they dont represent the whole league and show the same teams over and over again.

Blueline Bomber 10-06-2009 06:27 PM

Sounds like we missed a couple golden chances before this PP.

And oh yay, a PP :sarcasm: