HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Hockey Talk by Country (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Will Russia beat Canada's Record 5 straight WJC? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=689702)

notmynhl 10-07-2009 01:46 PM

Will Russia beat Canada's Record 5 straight WJC?
 
Russia has made it to 4 straight WJC, but has never reached 5.

Unfortunately, Russian wins before there 4 in a row streak were not in an officially sanctioned tournament.

Do you think Russia will be able to do it sometime?

ViD 10-07-2009 01:57 PM

Unfortunately, not in the near future.

Siberian 10-07-2009 02:17 PM

It's possible but only when they will care about this tournament at least third of what they care about men's WC, which means provide the resources for the program. Latest appointment of Plyuschev indicates this time hasn't come.

Zine 10-07-2009 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Siberian (Post 21477172)
It's possible but only when they will care about this tournament at least third of what they care about men's WC, which means provide the resources for the program. Latest appointment of Plyuschev indicates this time hasn't come.

Correct.

Canada’s biggest strength has been coaching…..even in ‘off talent’ years they are a well oiled machine. They’re not good enough to beat a well coached Russia on a consistent basis though.

Seriously, if a Nemchinov coached team can take Canada to a shoot-out there’s no reason that same team led by a Vorobiev, Ishmatov or even Popeikin (past coaches) wouldn’t have won. But now with more crap like Plyushev there's little chance.

FHR is crazy.:shakehead

Mr Kanadensisk 10-09-2009 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zine (Post 21480257)
Correct.

Canada’s biggest strength has been coaching…..even in ‘off talent’ years they are a well oiled machine. They’re not good enough to beat a well coached Russia on a consistent basis though.

Seriously, if a Nemchinov coached team can take Canada to a shoot-out there’s no reason that same team led by a Vorobiev, Ishmatov or even Popeikin (past coaches) wouldn’t have won. But now with more crap like Plyushev there's little chance.

FHR is crazy.:shakehead

Don't forget that Russia is also disadvantaged by the fact that they always have the most U20 players who can't play in the WJC because they have made it to the big leagues. Just think if Russia had all their best players every year how good they would be.

Le Golie 10-10-2009 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Kanadensisk (Post 21520820)
Don't forget that Russia is also disadvantaged by the fact that they always have the most U20 players who can't play in the WJC because they have made it to the big leagues. Just think if Russia had all their best players every year how good they would be.

:laugh:

ryz 10-10-2009 07:34 PM

Not while Canada is in the tournament.

Garl 10-11-2009 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Kanadensisk (Post 21520820)
Don't forget that Russia is also disadvantaged by the fact that they always have the most U20 players who can't play in the WJC because they have made it to the big leagues. Just think if Russia had all their best players every year how good they would be.

That's sarcasm or what?

On serious note, aside from Kovalchuk Russia hasn't lost any player to "big league".

As for original question. At this point that question makes no sense. Russia was way more dominant in junior hockey 5 years ago than now.

wjhl2009fan 10-11-2009 07:45 AM

Mr Kanadensisk
If any country is hurt by players going to the nhl its canada.For the past 5 years atleast there is alwas a fair amount of players in the nhl that could play for canada.Now would it be fair if all of these players did play for canada that may be up for debate.

Mr Kanadensisk 10-11-2009 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wjhl2009fan (Post 21541237)
Mr Kanadensisk
If any country is hurt by players going to the nhl its canada.For the past 5 years atleast there is alwas a fair amount of players in the nhl that could play for canada.Now would it be fair if all of these players did play for canada that may be up for debate.

I was being sarcastic....

I find Zine is a never ending source of pro Russian BS and sometimes I just can't help myself.

Garl 10-11-2009 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zine (Post 21480257)
Correct.

Canada’s biggest strength has been coaching…..even in ‘off talent’ years they are a well oiled machine. They’re not good enough to beat a well coached Russia on a consistent basis though.

Seriously, if a Nemchinov coached team can take Canada to a shoot-out there’s no reason that same team led by a Vorobiev, Ishmatov or even Popeikin (past coaches) wouldn’t have won. But now with more crap like Plyushev there's little chance.

FHR is crazy.:shakehead

Well, Popikhin's team lost to Canada like 5-1 or smth. And Sergei "He ruined our U20 team" Nemchinov is right now much more succesful in KHL that many thought he would be.

And Plyushev is crap? Seriously a guy who won WJC's as a coach is crap?

Zine 10-12-2009 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garl (Post 21551524)
Well, Popikhin's team lost to Canada like 5-1 or smth. And Sergei "He ruined our U20 team" Nemchinov is right now much more succesful in KHL that many thought he would be.

And Plyushev is crap? Seriously a guy who won WJC's as a coach is crap?

Quit being a troll Garl....you know well that Plyushev is a poor coach with no control over his players. I remember you arguing exactly that during U-20 4 nations last month. Plyushev's accomplishments of a decade ago have little significant as it relates to today’s game.

Who cares if Popeikin lost to Canada in the final…..based on talent alone that joke of a 1987 generation shouldn’t have even been there. They overachived because it was a team in every sense of the word; the exact element that's holding Russia back at WJC recently. Honestly, 1st line was Krysanov, Bumagin and an underraged Cherepanov.:laugh:
Popeikin with talent = Gold

And, yes, Nemchinov is improving. However, the fact that FHR was willing to put a coach with no experience behind the bench and, more sadly, keep him there after summit series disaster more than proves my point.

Zine 10-12-2009 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Kanadensisk (Post 21541427)
I was being sarcastic....

I find Zine is a never ending source of pro Russian BS and sometimes I just can't help myself.

Canada should thank Russia's decision makers for its 5 straight WJC gold. The coach and player selections have been terrible.

Er, oh, wait a minute......I might be thinking of Canada's excuse for its poor performance in Turin. Yes, that's it. Sorry Mr Kanadensisk , I hear that excuse so often when talking with Canadians I often get confused.;)

Mr Kanadensisk 10-12-2009 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zine (Post 21561493)
Canada should thank Russia's decision makers for its 5 straight WJC gold. The coach and player selections have been terrible.

I hate to burst your bubble, but Canada's dominance has nothing to do with who Russia did or didn't play, or what coach Russia had. You were simply beat by the best, no shame in that.

BTW, when do you think Tretiak will organize another Summit Series?

Kikizaz 10-13-2009 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Kanadensisk (Post 21563536)
I hate to burst your bubble, but Canada's dominance has nothing to do with who Russia did or didn't play, or what coach Russia had. You were simply beat by the best, no shame in that.

BTW, when do you think Tretiak will organize another Summit Series?

Lol, i misread "summit series" and given the outcome of the last one, i think what i read is much more appropriate.

"Submit Series"

apologies, don't meant to cause a ruckus, just getting excited for the best time of the year. WJC!

Den 11-22-2009 04:49 AM

Well, the Sun is not predicted to go red giant for another billion years, and the Earth will stay habitable for about 500-700 mill years, so I definitely see it happening.

In fact I can see Nabakadastria making it 7 in a row over Agallania in the greatest rivalry of all time in several millennia.

slovakiasnextone 11-22-2009 05:34 AM

Team Russia U20 has had pretty horrible results so far this season, their U17 looks very weak this year and with the coaches they choose for their junior teams, not likely......IMO the bst European junior team and the only European junior team that hs a chance to come anywhere near to beating Canada´s record anyhwere in the near future is Sweden right now, they currently have lots of top end talent and probably the most depth in Europe as well....

Frank the Tank 11-22-2009 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zine (Post 21561493)
Canada should thank Russia's decision makers for its 5 straight WJC gold. The coach and player selections have been terrible.

Er, oh, wait a minute......I might be thinking of Canada's excuse for its poor performance in Turin. Yes, that's it. Sorry Mr Kanadensisk , I hear that excuse so often when talking with Canadians I often get confused.;)

Nevermind

CanadaBacon 11-23-2009 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zine (Post 21561493)
Canada should thank Russia's decision makers for its 5 straight WJC gold. The coach and player selections have been terrible.

Er, oh, wait a minute......I might be thinking of Canada's excuse for its poor performance in Turin. Yes, that's it. Sorry Mr Kanadensisk , I hear that excuse so often when talking with Canadians I often get confused.;)

haha...that would be funny if he wasnt serious

BlackAces* 12-15-2009 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notmynhl (Post 21476712)
Russia has made it to 4 straight WJC, but has never reached 5.

Unfortunately, Russian wins before there 4 in a row streak were not in an officially sanctioned tournament.

Do you think Russia will be able to do it sometime?

Maybe I am just tired...I don't understand this question at all.

Wait, now I get it, Russia has won 4 World Juniors in a row before, do I think they will ever win 6 or more straight? Let me know when they get to 3 or 4 straight, I will give you an answer.

Talus 12-15-2009 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Kanadensisk (Post 21520820)
Don't forget that Russia is also disadvantaged by the fact that they always have the most U20 players who can't play in the WJC because they have made it to the big leagues. Just think if Russia had all their best players every year how good they would be.


Remember the NHL lock out .
Time to stop talking stupid.
If other teams lost the number of players to the NHL as Canada they would be relegated to B division.

Ward Cornell 12-17-2009 09:23 AM

The one country besides Canada who may beat the record of 5 WJHC is........(well not for a number of years) is China!

You do realize that they have started to take hockey seriously at the youth level in China?

Having said that with the growth of hockey with more countries playing a winning streak of 3 would be exceptional!

slovakiasnextone 12-19-2009 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ward Cornell (Post 22708646)
The one country besides Canada who may beat the record of 5 WJHC is........(well not for a number of years) is China!

You do realize that they have started to take hockey seriously at the youth level in China?


Having said that with the growth of hockey with more countries playing a winning streak of 3 would be exceptional!

They did? Who was then dressed as the Chinese players against Hungary at the Div II U20 WHC yesterday?:sarcasm:


Ward Cornell 12-19-2009 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slovakiaforever (Post 22744202)
They did? Who was then dressed as the Chinese players against Hungary at the Div II U20 WHC yesterday?:sarcasm:


??

Anyways, I would imagine Canadas record of 5 straight wins will be safe for at least 6 years!

:laugh:

EbencoyE 12-19-2009 10:11 PM

not when every 3 out of 4 tourneys are on home ice for Canada


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:16 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.