HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Proposal: Couple of proposals (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=689932)

Reaper45 10-08-2009 01:16 AM

Couple of proposals

Deal #1
To Chicago: Frolov(4), Martinez(700K).
To L.A.: Campbell(7.1), Versteeg(3) and Chicago's 2010 1st round pick.
Chicago pays us to take on Campbell's stupid ass contract but Doughty could be absolute dynamite paired with Campbell on the PP. Versteeg takes Fro's spot. Chicago takes Fro because it allows them to re-sign their big 3 and they can still make a push for the Cup.

Deal #2
To Buffalo: Stoll(3.5)
To L.A.: Stafford(1.5)
The Kings clear out Stoll's salary to help take on Campbell's and move Purcell to center. Stafford takes over RW duties on the 2nd line.

Kings add 11.5 million and subtract 8+ million. I didn't even try and figure out cap hits because I'm lazy.

Smyth-Kopitar-Williams
Brown-Purcell-Stafford
Versteeg-Handzus-Simmonds
Clune-Richardson-Ivanans

Doughty-O'Donnell
Scuderi-Campbell
Greene-Johnson
Drewiske

You could always move Johnson for a 2nd line center if Purcell chokes and call up Hickey to replace Johnson.

What do you guys think? I think this team would be playoff bound.

Telos 10-08-2009 01:28 AM

I would do the second deal alone if you can convince Buffalo to take it, but I wouldn't consider the first deal.

The obscenity of Campbell's contract isn't just the amount, it is mostly the length. 6 years is just way too long from this point. He would be here longer than Brown and it would be such a pain to move the contract, which would be inevitable unless we really want to lose some of our primary young talent.

Johnson, Doughty, Simmonds, and Moller are all going to require new contracts and the removal of Zeus isn't going to give us enough room to cover it - you would have to fit all 4 of those within an $8 million cap hit.

ean 10-08-2009 01:36 AM

I'm envisioning Frolov gone at the trade deadline.

Reaper45 10-08-2009 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telos (Post 21487178)
I would do the second deal alone if you can convince Buffalo to take it, but I wouldn't consider the first deal.

The obscenity of Campbell's contract isn't just the amount, it is mostly the length. 6 years is just way too long from this point. He would be here longer than Brown and it would be such a pain to move the contract, which would be inevitable unless we really want to lose some of our primary young talent.

Johnson, Doughty, Simmonds, and Moller are all going to require new contracts and the removal of Zeus isn't going to give us enough room to cover it - you would have to fit all 4 of those within an $8 million cap hit.

Doughty is the only one that is going to be making big bucks. Johnson is a huge question mark. Simmonds and Moller aren't going to break the bank financially.

I'd think that if Lombardi did this, he'd end up moving Johnson to fill another hole.

Shellz 10-08-2009 01:38 AM

Frostay.

Reaper45 10-08-2009 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shelle121 (Post 21487226)
Frostay.

Not likely.

Shellz 10-08-2009 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper45 (Post 21487231)
Not likely.

I'd like to think so. :p:

I would do the second proposal easily. Not sure Buffalo would tho.

Telos 10-08-2009 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper45 (Post 21487225)
Doughty is the only one that is going to be making big bucks. Johnson is a huge question mark. Simmonds and Moller aren't going to break the bank financially.

I'd think that if Lombardi did this, he'd end up moving Johnson to fill another hole.

Well you would have to. No way all four don't command at least $8 million. Doughty is looking at $2.8-4.25 million depending on discount, play, and term. Johnson will get $2.2-3.25, Moller will get around $1.5-2 depending on how well he plays, and Simmonds will also receive around $1.5-2.2 depending on his play.

Campbell is really just way too expensive. The team right now only has about $8 million in cap space. After the deal we would have like less than $2 million in cap space. Only O'Donnell and Ivanans would be up for coming off the books this offseason and we have to re-sign Quick and our RFA's will be Lewis, Clune, Purcell, Richardson, and Drewiske. Sure we won't be signing probably half of those RFA's, but we will have to move more people almost immediately and create more holes just to have an overpriced defenseman.

The chemistry on the team is pretty decent right now, why rock the boat and throw this debacle in the midst of things? We are in a similar position Chicago was a few years back, why start making the same mistakes they did, there is a reason they want to get rid of him.

DapperDan 10-08-2009 02:05 AM

Ouch dude. And you harped about my Fro proposal? Campbell is a NO NO. Unless Chicago throws in Toews along with that ridiculous contract, it should always be no. The second proposal is meh. Stafford will want a handsome raise and losing Stoll will open up a spot we're not equipped to fill with anyone else at this point.

silverstick 10-08-2009 04:46 AM

By the time Stoll's contract is up, Schenn we be bursting through the door, so why dont we just let stoll do his job and be a bridge player.

Stupid Sexy Flanders 10-08-2009 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper45 (Post 21487231)
Not likely.

Everybody said that about JJ too.

Reaper45 10-08-2009 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DapperDan (Post 21487377)
Ouch dude. And you harped about my Fro proposal? Campbell is a NO NO. Unless Chicago throws in Toews along with that ridiculous contract, it should always be no. The second proposal is meh. Stafford will want a handsome raise and losing Stoll will open up a spot we're not equipped to fill with anyone else at this point.

Rightfully so. Your deal had us giving up Frolov, Moller and a 1st for a 4th liner and a prospect. My deal brings in a much needed puck moving defender, albeit at one of the most ridiculous salaries I've ever seen, and we get paid for doing so. We get a winger to replace Frolov long term and a first round pick. You could always turn and move Stafford if his demands were too high along with that Chicago first for a cheaper, signed for long term winger.

Reaper45 10-08-2009 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stupid Sexy Flanders (Post 21489455)
Everybody said that about JJ too.

Not really. Some people thought that. Frolov and Johnson have never been discussed in the same way. Frolov has been harped on by 3 different coaches now, there are rumored character issues, none of this kinds of stuff has been said about Johnson.

Youngblood93 10-08-2009 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper45 (Post 21487103)
Deal #1
Chicago pays us to take on Campbell's stupid ass contract but Doughty could be absolute dynamite paired with Campbell on the PP. Versteeg takes Fro's spot. Chicago takes Fro because it allows them to re-sign their big 3 and they can still make a push for the Cup.

Deal #2
To Buffalo: Stoll(3.5)
To L.A.: Stafford(1.5)
The Kings clear out Stoll's salary to help take on Campbell's and move Purcell to center. Stafford takes over RW duties on the 2nd line.

Kings add 11.5 million and subtract 8+ million. I didn't even try and figure out cap hits because I'm lazy.

Smyth-Kopitar-Williams
Brown-Purcell-Stafford
Versteeg-Handzus-Simmonds
Clune-Richardson-Ivanans

Doughty-O'Donnell
Scuderi-Campbell
Greene-Johnson
Drewiske

You could always move Johnson for a 2nd line center if Purcell chokes and call up Hickey to replace Johnson.

What do you guys think? I think this team would be playoff bound.

Good job Reaper. I like both and I am not to worried about Campbell's contract. It's crazy but look at all the teams that are close to the cap and come up with something to resign guys or add guys. It can be done.

I think Versteeg can play center. I'd flop him and Purcell in your line up.

saintsnsoldiers 10-08-2009 11:26 AM

I don't get moving Brown to a position he is not comfortable with and bringing in someone to replace him at RW. If we cant keep him at RW on the 2nd line why keep him. Trade him instead of Fro. Thought Campbell kinda sucked it up last year especially in the playoffs I thought. Rather have Barker...Sharp and Barker for Brown

KINGS17 10-08-2009 11:57 AM

I think Dean should be targeting a proven #2 center in any trade scenario.

Can Purcell play center? He seems fine as a playmaker, but could he handle the defensive responsibility in his own zone?

I'm not in favor of taking on Campbell's deal, especially with the number of years remaining on that contract.

Omni Owl 10-08-2009 12:05 PM

Purcell as a #2 center? Ouch.

Matt13 10-08-2009 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper45 (Post 21487103)
Deal #1

Boing!

I got wood

Telos 10-08-2009 01:15 PM

Too many roster issues as well. We would have to bring Moller back up, no way Purcell is second line center, and who knows how it looks after that.

DIEHARD the King fan 10-08-2009 02:31 PM

Campbell's contract is a deal killer. Love Versteeg, but no way Deano could swallow Campbell's contract

JDM 10-08-2009 02:38 PM

Part of me likes the first deal, but the larger part of me doesn't.

I think Frolov has enough worth to get a good player under contract in return if we toss in a pick or prospect. No need to take on a bad dump in that deal.

Now if it was Stoll and Martinez for Vertseeg and Campbell, that I might consider a little more... though ultimately I probably wouldn't do that either.

What about, for the sake of argument:

Frolov for Frolik?

Then trade Stoll for picks to clear up cap space and bring up Moller?

Then you would have:

Smyth-Kopi-Williams
Purcell-Frolik-Brown
Moller-Zus-Simmonds

and a lot more cap space to either pay our RFA's in the next two years or go after a UFA.

But once again, as usual, I'd rather just keep Frolov.

nikolai19 10-08-2009 02:53 PM

How about Frolov and a young D (Manchester) for Brian Little and Colby Armstrong?

I think that may entice Kovalchuk to stick around and they have plenty of cap space to work with.

Zal 10-08-2009 03:09 PM

1). Bad for both teams.

2). Bad for Buffalo.

And Frolov will re-sign with the Kings.

Kurrilino 10-08-2009 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cabwaylingo (Post 21491038)
Purcell as a #2 center? Ouch.

What's wrong.........
He has great passing skills and read the game very well.
I have a hard time to believe that he will be a worse center than Stoll.
I mean if you have these skills and guys like Frolov ans Brown to your side..... it's very complicated not to do a decent job.

How do you guys are all opposite to Purcell as Center when you have never seen him play ???????????

Really....... just because Stoll is a Center on the paper doesn't makes him a Center.
Purcell has the skills for that........ so why not try it out

And stop throwing our Stars away for garbage.
Over the last years, everytime a player has reached his contract, he was gone for you.
Just O Sullivan and Johnson for example..... man.... our GM doesn't live in a padded room, i'm pretty sure he has at least half a brain.

I'm really afraid Lombardi leaves his way and we have lineups again like

Tsyplakov - Ferraro - Murray or something as 1st line.......

vh2k7 10-08-2009 04:04 PM

I don't buy Purcell having the skillset to be a center. Stoll at the very least is a defensively concious forward, while Purcell is kind of a non factor in the d-zone. He's not atrocious, but he's not working his tail off (which Stoll does) in his own zone. Stoll might not be the best 2nd line center, but he's a better center than Purcell would be. Leave Purcell on the wing, where he's played his entire pro career.

If you're going to trade Stoll and not get a 2nd line center in return, you better be sure that Loktionov or Moller is ready to step in and be dominant.

Also, I just can't take Campbell's contract. It's crippling.