HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Nothing is lost, I expected that .. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=69022)

CoupeStanley 04-08-2004 10:29 AM

Nothing is lost, I expected that ..

Yesterday the Habs didn't have their legs. It happens sometimes when you're waiting too much for a game. You think your ready, you wait, you wait, you become anxious. You hope your ready. But finally in the end the legs isn't there.

We have seen the best of the Bruins, and the worst of the Habs. CJ will have to adjust. We arent able to compete in size with the Bruins, so what. I know that before the series begin, but we can beat them with speed and intensity.

I think we will see the fast and emotional habs team on Friday.

Then come home with 1 game.

417 04-08-2004 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoupeStanley
Yesterday the Habs didn't have their legs. It happens sometimes when you're waiting too much for a game. You think your ready, you wait, you wait, you become anxious. You hope your ready. But finally in the end the legs isn't there.

We have seen the best of the Bruins, and the worst of the Habs. CJ will have to adjust. We arent able to compete in size with the Bruins, so what. I know that before the series begin, but we can beat them with speed and intensity.

I think we will see the fast and emotional habs team on Friday.

Then come home with 1 game.

I agree, I wasn't impressed by the Bruins that much, I thought we playeed so bad, it made them look real good, I also expect a much better effort on Friday, which should also result with the habs heading back home with the series split 1-1 :handclap:

WBC8 04-08-2004 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
I agree, I wasn't impressed by the Bruins that much, I thought we playeed so bad, it made them look real good, I also expect a much better effort on Friday, which should also result with the habs heading back home with the series split 1-1 :handclap:

How could you not have been impressed by the Bruins? Not flaming, just asking.

scosar 04-08-2004 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8
How could you not have been impressed by the Bruins? Not flaming, just asking.

I have the same opinion. The Bruins were much the better team. Even in the 3rd period when the B's were coasting and the Habs had more shots on goal, I thought Boston was able to step it up if they needed it.

I just think that it was a horrible game by Montreal and that they didn't have any legs. They are only going to beat Boston with speed.

I thought that Boston played well but nowhere near as well as they can. The elephant line didn't do much all night. The habs played awful and the B's scored one even stregth goal. I thought Boston didn't play to their potential, maybe they were playing just enough to win.

BruinsGirl 04-08-2004 12:32 PM

Bruins played a good game yesterday but what were you expecting 5-6 goals by the B's? That won't happen... they don't play all offense game in the third when leading by a couple. If they are loosing on the other hand it's getting much more interesting.

romain_jaime 04-08-2004 12:37 PM

The B's looked awesome against a team that obviously didn't have a good game. The B's came to play and took advantage of EVERY mistake the Habs made and didn't have much trouble stopping a dead duck offense from the Habs either.

Basically, this game was nothing compared to the rest of the series cause you can expect both the B's and the Habs to take their games to the next level.

Perfect_Gravity 04-08-2004 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BruinsGirl
Bruins played a good game yesterday but what were you expecting 5-6 goals by the B's? That won't happen... they don't play all offense game in the third when leading by a couple. If they are loosing on the other hand it's getting much more interesting.

It wasn't about how manny goals they scored. Both teams loked like they were playing a regular season game. No playoff intensity or speed by either teams. Botston played a good game for a regular season game, but compared to the Detroit - Nashville game both Boston and Montreal were a lot slower.

I'm not saying that Montreal was better, because they were not by a long shot. However hopefully both teams will increse their intesity a bit to make it a more entertaing playoff game nex time.

bb_fan 04-08-2004 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perfect_Gravity
It wasn't about how manny goals they scored. Both teams loked like they were playing a regular season game. No playoff intensity or speed by either teams. Botston played a good game for a regular season game, but compared to the Detroit - Nashville game both Boston and Montreal were a lot slower.

I'm not saying that Montreal was better, because they were not by a long shot. However hopefully both teams will increse their intesity a bit to make it a more entertaing playoff game nex time.

please, if Boston had skated and hit and played the entire season the way they did last night, thye would have run away with first place.

Boston stepped there game up a bit over the regular seasosn last night, and can still play better.

:jump:

Perfect_Gravity 04-08-2004 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bb_fan
please, if Boston had skated and hit and played the entire season the way they did last night, thye would have run away with first place.

Boston stepped there game up a bit over the regular seasosn last night, and can still play better.

:jump:

Okay fine they did step it up a bit, just not as much as i was expecting. Maybe it's just me but I thought the other playoff games were more intense.

BruinsGirl 04-08-2004 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perfect_Gravity

The thing is ...Boston will always look slower than lets say Detroit. Check differense in size. You can't expect 6'2" - 6'3" - 6'4" guys to skate very fast.

I can't say it was a great playoff game but sure it was physical by both sides. I honestly wasn't expecting the Habs to do all that hitting. I think it even hurt them
somewhat...hitting should be not only for the sake of the hitting it should be followed with offensive attack...yesterday it just took alot of energy out of them.