HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Only in Montreal... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=69088)

fufonzo 04-08-2004 03:45 PM

Only in Montreal...

Sorry about the french but I'll translate afterwards.
I thought this was pretty good(which is surprising coming from the RDS website).
There's no Koivu/Kovalev/Zednik(or any other non-quebec player) bashing and no Demers praising, which in itself is pretty hard to find on that site. :joker:

----
C'est juste à Montréal que...
HARDNICK

C'est juste à Montréal que dans l'espace d'une semaine, l'équipe locale passe de futurs champions de la coupe Stanley à l'équipe qui va se faire éliminer rapidement en première ronde de séries.

C'est juste à Montréal qu'on va chercher finalement un joueur de talent BRUT et qu'apres 5 matchs où on jongle ce joueur de trio à chaque 2 périodes, que ce joueur de talent BRUT se retrouve sur la 4eme ligne.

C'est juste à Montréal qu'on voit le meilleur marqueur de l'équipe aller dans les estrades au milieur de la saison pour son jeu défensif.

C'est juste à Montréal que le meilleur pointeur de l'équipe se retrouve dans les estrades, et qu'on a comme explication que ses présences sont trop longues sur la patinoire.

C'est juste à Montréal que le meilleur attaquant est hué pour une "bataille" qui a duré 3 secondes MAX dans une pratique avec un coéquipier.

L'organisation du CH veut que les joueurs se tiennent et soit une véritable équipe, mais l'organisation eux sont pas derrière leurs joueurs. A la moindre séquence douteuse, il est soit dans les estrades, soit sur une 4eme ligne. Comment on peut demander qqchose aux joueurs si l'organisation montre le contraire ? Czerkawski apres 5 matchs était sur la 4eme ligne, Kovalev apres 2 matchs avait changé de trio, et 3 matchs plus tard, il était avec Juneau. On ne sait pas composer avec des joueurs de talent. Koivu a jamais été entouré d'un véritable ailier à part Recchi, mais l'organisation voulait pas exaucé le voeu de Recchi de signer à long terme... à n'y rien comprendre. Ma question est pourquoi on a été cherché Kovalev si c'est pour qu'il joue pas régulièrement ? On joue contre les bruins, on a besoin de robustesse, mais Langdon et Komisarek ne sont pas dans l'alignement. Trop de décisions douteuses, trop de gamble pour un supposé candidat au Jack Adams...

Toute ma frustration étant dite, le CH est capable de rebondir et de gagner cette série, Théodore évidemment devra se surpasser....

----------------------------translation-------------------------------
Only in Montreal
HARDNICK

Only in Montreal could a local team go from Stanley Cup contenders to a team that'll get eliminated easily in the first round, in the span of a couple days.

Only in Montreal would management finally get a player with RAW talent and after juggling him around every 2nd period for 5 games he ends up on the 4th line.

Only in Montreal would we see the team's top scorer be sat out because of his poor defensive efforts.

Only in Montreal would we send the top scorer in the rafters because his shifts are too long.

Only in montreal would the best forward (and captain) be booed after an altercation with another teammate that lasted 3 secs MAX.
The Canadiens organisation want the team to stand together and play as a team, but the organisation is not behind the team itself. If a player has the tiniest of slumps, he is sat out or relegated to the 4th line. How could we ask something of the players if the organisation does the opposite? After 5 games, Czerkawski was on the 4th line. After two games, Kovalev had changed lines and 3 games later was playing with Juneau. We don't know how to handle talented players. Koivu never had a quality winger with the exception of Recchi, but the organisation did not want to resign Recchi to a long term contract. My question is, why did we go and get Kovalev if we're not going to play him regularly? We're playing against the Bruins and we need toughness, yet Komi and Langdon are sitting out. Too many questionable decisions, too many risks taken by a supposed Jack Adams candidate.

Now that all my frustration has been let out, the Habs have the ability to rebound and win the series, Theodore will surely have to stand on his head

--------------------------------------------------

Although I don't agree with EVERYTHING that was said on here, I find he brings up some good points.

Lets beat those bears!! :hockey: :gman:

Tuggy 04-08-2004 03:48 PM

I agree with a lot of what he says and ESPECIALLY the comment about Kovalev!

CJ WTF IS YOUR PROBLEM??? Play Kovalev on the top line and then play Bulis on your checking line.

WHAT IS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND!!! my patience is wearing thin with CJ.

CoupeStanley 04-08-2004 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuggy
I agree with a lot of what he says and ESPECIALLY the comment about Kovalev!

CJ WTF IS YOUR PROBLEM??? Play Kovalev on the top line and then play Bulis on your checking line.

WHAT IS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND!!! my patience is wearing thin with CJ.

ditto

Disco Volante 04-08-2004 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fufonzo
C'est juste à Montréal qu'on voit le meilleur marqueur de l'équipe aller dans les estrades au milieur de la saison pour son jeu défensif.

Absolutely false. See Kovalchuk.

But as for the rest, yeah, Julien is having a brain cramp that just won't go. I hope he proves me wrong tomorrow.

Zed/Perreault-Koivu-Kov
Dags/Zed/Ryder-Ribeiro-Ryder/Zed

I think our top-6 is a given for everybody except the coach. I think he's doing everything for the fans to ask for his head given the probable lost if he doesn't make any change. Well, I won't go that way (even tho I was one of the lonely souls to be against the coaching change Julien-Therrien), but I see it coming.

Tuggy 04-08-2004 04:20 PM

Another thing. I find it hard to imagine that Gainey went out and got Kovalev only to play with Dowd and Perrault in the playoffs :dunno: I know Gainey said he is all behind Julien but I just wonder where he thought Kovalev would play in Montreal.

BBR 04-08-2004 05:22 PM

Kovy is the best player for the habs whit is talent is the guy that
sould make player aroud him better not the other way aroud?

He showed no offort whit the challenge JC put in front
of him to gaine is 1 or2 line spot so if we put him on those
line what message JC is saying to rider,ribs,yan,dag etc.
Its ok to play whit no effort if you have talent?
Kovy said he like the way coaching was done every body juge
on the same level if you work you play so he dosen't whant to
play or give the effort so i would bench him after one game

I would ask him if ready to go playoff war put him on whit koivu
if it doesn't work tell him to go home and start looking for other team
for next year.

deandebean 04-08-2004 06:03 PM

Ok. so let's see here. You say Kovalev should play on our first 2 lines, regardless of the fact that he's lazy and clearly out of game shape? Because he has talent. Mmmmm....

Must be Ranger and Capital fans writing here.

Face it. This is Hab country. This is an organisation that has always put a lot of pride into work ethic and team play. This is not a country club.

If Kovalev wants to play badly on the first two lines, in spite of the fact that the centermen don't want him there, I would guess that he'd be driving the net like a freaking maniac, challenge the goalie, skate, skate, skate and skate. Wouldn't you?

He doesn't. Point à la ligne.

Résultat: he stays where he is.

By he way, in case you wonder, Bob is all for this. Because Bob benched Mike Modano for the same reasons.

VAN-HAB 04-08-2004 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fufonzo
Sorry about the french but I'll translate afterwards.
I thought this was pretty good(which is surprising coming from the RDS website).
There's no Koivu/Kovalev/Zednik(or any other non-quebec player) bashing and no Demers praising, which in itself is pretty hard to find on that site. :joker:

----
C'est juste à Montréal que...
HARDNICK

C'est juste à Montréal que dans l'espace d'une semaine, l'équipe locale passe de futurs champions de la coupe Stanley à l'équipe qui va se faire éliminer rapidement en première ronde de séries.

C'est juste à Montréal qu'on va chercher finalement un joueur de talent BRUT et qu'apres 5 matchs où on jongle ce joueur de trio à chaque 2 périodes, que ce joueur de talent BRUT se retrouve sur la 4eme ligne.

C'est juste à Montréal que le meilleur pointeur de l'équipe se retrouve dans les estrades, et qu'on a comme explication que ses présences sont trop longues sur la patinoire.

C'est juste à Montréal que le meilleur attaquant est hué pour une "bataille" qui a duré 3 secondes MAX dans une pratique avec un coéquipier.

L'organisation du CH veut que les joueurs se tiennent et soit une véritable équipe, mais l'organisation eux sont pas derrière leurs joueurs. A la moindre séquence douteuse, il est soit dans les estrades, soit sur une 4eme ligne. Comment on peut demander qqchose aux joueurs si l'organisation montre le contraire ? Czerkawski apres 5 matchs était sur la 4eme ligne, Kovalev apres 2 matchs avait changé de trio, et 3 matchs plus tard, il était avec Juneau. On ne sait pas composer avec des joueurs de talent. Koivu a jamais été entouré d'un véritable ailier à part Recchi, mais l'organisation voulait pas exaucé le voeu de Recchi de signer à long terme... à n'y rien comprendre. Ma question est pourquoi on a été cherché Kovalev si c'est pour qu'il joue pas régulièrement ? On joue contre les bruins, on a besoin de robustesse, mais Langdon et Komisarek ne sont pas dans l'alignement. Trop de décisions douteuses, trop de gamble pour un supposé candidat au Jack Adams...

Toute ma frustration étant dite, le CH est capable de rebondir et de gagner cette série, Théodore évidemment devra se surpasser....

----------------------------translation-------------------------------
Only in Montreal
HARDNICK

Only in Montreal could a local team go from Stanley Cup contenders to a team that'll get eliminated easily in the first round, in the span of a couple days.

Only in Montreal would management finally get a player with RAW talent and after juggling him around every 2nd period for 5 games he ends up on the 4th line.

Only in Montreal would we see the team's top scorer be sat out because of his poor defensive efforts.

Only in Montreal would we send the top scorer in the rafters because his shifts are too long.

Only in montreal would the best forward (and captain) be booed after an altercation with another teammate that lasted 3 secs MAX.
The Canadiens organisation want the team to stand together and play as a team, but the organisation is not behind the team itself. If a player has the tiniest of slumps, he is sat out or relegated to the 4th line. How could we ask something of the players if the organisation does the opposite? After 5 games, Czerkawski was on the 4th line. After two games, Kovalev had changed lines and 3 games later was playing with Juneau. We don't know how to handle talented players. Koivu never had a quality winger with the exception of Recchi, but the organisation did not want to resign Recchi to a long term contract. My question is, why did we go and get Kovalev if we're not going to play him regularly? We're playing against the Bruins and we need toughness, yet Komi and Langdon are sitting out. Too many questionable decisions, too many risks taken by a supposed Jack Adams candidate.

Now that all my frustration has been let out, the Habs have the ability to rebound and win the series, Theodore will surely have to stand on his head

--------------------------------------------------

Although I don't agree with EVERYTHING that was said on here, I find he brings up some good points.

Lets beat those bears!! :hockey: :gman:

I agree with almost everything and especially the comments about Kovy and Saku! Time to wake up CJ and play smart, the lines now are a total chaos.

VAN-HAB 04-08-2004 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deandebean
Ok. so let's see here. You say Kovalev should play on our first 2 lines, regardless of the fact that he's lazy and clearly out of game shape? Because he has talent. Mmmmm....

Must be Ranger and Capital fans writing here.

Face it. This is Hab country. This is an organisation that has always put a lot of pride into work ethic and team play. This is not a country club.

If Kovalev wants to play badly on the first two lines, in spite of the fact that the centermen don't want him there, I would guess that he'd be driving the net like a freaking maniac, challenge the goalie, skate, skate, skate and skate. Wouldn't you?

He doesn't. Point à la ligne.

Résultat: he stays where he is.

By he way, in case you wonder, Bob is all for this. Because Bob benched Mike Modano for the same reasons.

How do you know BG is all for this, get a life dude and stop pretending you know what's happening cause you don't......and yes Dagenais the useless crap is one who is "driving the net like a freaking maniac, challenge the goalie, skate, skate, skate and skate"...point final

Habs4Life 04-08-2004 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VAN-HAB
I agree with almost everything and especially the comments about Kovy and Saku! Time to wake up CJ and play smart, the lines now are a total chaos.

It wasn't a very smart move switching the lines around during the end of the season, this shows CJ is a totally dumbass!!!

I like the lines the night we beat toronto

we had

Zednik-Koivu-Perrault
Ryder-Riberio-Kovalev

and i forget the other 2 lines, but when the first 2 lines played together they were awesome!

deandebean 04-08-2004 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VAN-HAB
How do you know BG is all for this, get a life dude and stop pretending you know what's happening cause you don't......and yes Dagenais the useless crap is one who is "driving the net like a freaking maniac, challenge the goalie, skate, skate, skate and skate"...point final

Get a life? Really...

OK, I'll let you in on some pretty interesting courses given at the Bell Centre. It's called: hockey NHL 101. You never took it and it shows.

Lesson number one: when a coach and a gm are on the same page (Bob and Claude are), the coach talks more often to his gm in a day than to his own freaking wife.

Who told me so? Every freaking coach that I have met. And it doesn't take a genious to realise this. In order to be on the same page, they have to talk to each other every day. Serge did it with Jean, with Pat and, specially, with Jacques. Réjean with Mario, and with alain. Andre with Michel and claude. That's how it works. Heck, Pat would have to talk to, not only Serge, but to Jacques Lemaire also. Talk about intimidation!

Michel Bergeron, who's not one of my favorites, repeats it ad naseam on radio and on 110%. That's how it works.

I think bob's comments after last night's game say it all. If i were Bob (and I'm pretty sure it's been done), I would have a serious mano to mano talk with the Russian.

deandebean 04-08-2004 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs4Life
It wasn't a very smart move switching the lines around during the end of the season, this shows CJ is a totally dumbass!!!

I like the lines the night we beat toronto

we had

Zednik-Koivu-Perrault
Ryder-Riberio-Kovalev

and i forget the other 2 lines, but when the first 2 lines played together they were awesome!

Now Julien is a dumbass. Wow.

deandebean 04-08-2004 06:38 PM

Quote:

So I guess Jacques Martin is a dumbass also for moving his lines around a day before the 1st game against Taranna... I guess Pat Burns was a dumbass for moving his lines all over the place when he was with the Habs...

Habs4Life 04-08-2004 06:38 PM

Quote:

well most of the coaches in the league find their lines by the end of the season.....

this coach decides to wait until the last 10 games!

deandebean 04-08-2004 06:39 PM

Quote:

So I guess Jacques Martin is a dumbass also for moving his lines around a day before the 1st game against Taranna... I guess Pat Burns was a dumbass for moving his lines all over the place when he was with the Habs...

Or Scotty bowman, for that matter.

Habs4Life 04-08-2004 06:39 PM

Quote:

They did minor line changes, julien does major line changes big difference!

Habs4Life 04-08-2004 06:41 PM

Quote:

Or Scotty bowman, for that matter.

Ever see Yzerman, federov, hull, Shanny moved to the 4th line?

Scotty let them play because he knew they eventually would bust out and have a huge game

Howie Morenz 04-08-2004 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoupeStanley
ditto

Double ditto.

deandebean 04-08-2004 06:42 PM

Quote:

well most of the coaches in the league find their lines by the end of the season.....

this coach decides to wait until the last 10 games!

In fact, Claude juggled with his lines all season long. He kept duos mostly intact, but the lines changed all the time. Claude is a duo type of guy.

did you read what Matthias Brunet wrote yesterday? I guess it would explain why Kovalev did not stay long on the first 2 lines.

to be honest with you, I would personally have given Kovalev more time up front. That's just me. But we don't know what the hell is going on in the locker room. If Matthias is right, then Claude had no choice. Maybe he has now? We'll see tomorrow.

My guess, and it's just my guess, is he'll give Kovalev one more shot up front before sending him riding the pine in the press box. He did the exact same thing with martin biron in Hull.

deandebean 04-08-2004 06:44 PM

Quote:

Ever see Yzerman, federov, hull, Shanny moved to the 4th line?

Scotty let them play because he knew they eventually would bust out and have a huge game

Fedorov played on the 3rd line and on defence a lot as a matter of fact. Did you know that he even put Murray wilson with Guy lafleur once?

Brisson11 04-08-2004 06:46 PM

I shall hurt Demers if I ever get the chance :shakehead I HATE HIM ARGHHHHHHH Our team is growing, learning, and experiencing through error, you can't get good unless you make mistakes now get that straight people, we have a rookie coach here don't expect him to be godlike his first season! He will make mistakes too so go with the flow

deandebean 04-08-2004 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brisson11
I shall hurt Demers if I ever get the chance :shakehead I HATE HIM ARGHHHHHHH Our team is growing, learning, and experiencing through error, you can't get good unless you make mistakes now get that straight people, we have a rookie coach here don't expect him to be godlike his first season! He will make mistakes too so go with the flow

What mistake is he making? Is it his fault that neither Koivu nor Ribeiro want Kovalev on their line?

MontrealFans 04-08-2004 06:49 PM

I find CJ's comment funny when he said that he wont separate producing lines. So take a look at what Bulis Koivu and Zednik got in the last 7 games. 2 goals 4 assists and one of the goals came on a PP that doesnt seem like a good combination. Kovalev should move up and bulis down on third

Brisson11 04-08-2004 06:50 PM

Quote:

What mistake is he making? Is it his fault that neither Koivu nor Ribeiro want Kovalev on their line?

Who CJ? I'm not saying he made a mistake with kovalev if thats what u think. I'm just saying he will make mistakes himself whatever they may be

VAN-HAB 04-08-2004 06:51 PM

Quote:

Get a life? Really...

OK, I'll let you in on some pretty interesting courses given at the Bell Centre. It's called: hockey NHL 101. You never took it and it shows.

Lesson number one: when a coach and a gm are on the same page (Bob and Claude are), the coach talks more often to his gm in a day than to his own freaking wife.

Who told me so? Every freaking coach that I have met. And it doesn't take a genious to realise this. In order to be on the same page, they have to talk to each other every day. Serge did it with Jean, with Pat and, specially, with Jacques. Réjean with Mario, and with alain. Andre with Michel and claude. That's how it works. Heck, Pat would have to talk to, not only Serge, but to Jacques Lemaire also. Talk about intimidation!

Michel Bergeron, who's not one of my favorites, repeats it ad naseam on radio and on 110%. That's how it works.

I think bob's comments after last night's game say it all. If i were Bob (and I'm pretty sure it's been done), I would have a serious mano to mano talk with the Russian.

You are biased and I know why, I am not going to elaborate on that cause I don't want to start a controversy here, I guess you know what I mean. As for the talk Gainey Kovalev (lets not call him the Russian) what do you expect Gainey would say: "I know you should play with an offensive line, but you have to follow Julien's plan, 3 more games to play then free to go". I stop here cause I usually don't bother talking to biased so called fans.