HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   The Franchise's Radical Line-Up Idea (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=69112)

TwineSniper 04-08-2004 04:45 PM

The Franchise's Radical Line-Up Idea

I think we are all in agreement that the line's need a shake-up. Here's my Idea.

Line 1:

Steve Begin--Saku Koivu--Alex Kovalev

Simple. Kovalev to score, Koivu to set it up, Begin to energize and give them room.

Line 2:

Richard Zednik--Mike Ribeiro--Craig Rivet

Again. Zednik to score, Ribeiro to set it up, Rivet to give them room. Rivet playing forward isn't such an outlandish concept, he's played it before, when we had injury problems.

Line 3:

Jan Bulis--Jim Dowd--Michael Ryder

Bulis for speed, Dowd for grinding, Ryder for scoring. I know Ryder on the 3rd line isn't what some want, but he did pretty well when CJ had him playing there a couple weeks before the end of the season.

Line 4:

Niklas Sundstrom--Yanic Perreault--Jason Ward

Limited Even Strength time for this line, except for Ward, PP time for Perreault, PK time for Sundstrom.

Defence:

Sheldon Souray--Stephane Quintal
Andrei Markov--Mike Komisarek
Francis Bouillon--Patrice Brisebois

Powerplay

Line 1

Yanic Perreault--Saku Koivu--Mike Komisarek

Alex Kovalev--Sheldon Souray

Perreault's job is simple, win the face-off then get open. Komisarek, Get your big ass in front of the net and make sure Raycroft can't see a damn thing. Koivu works his magic. No change on defence.

Line 2

Michael Ryder--Mike Ribeiro--Richard Zednik

Andrei Markov--Patrice Brisebois

Energy and Pressure.

Penalty Killing

Any combination of Koivu, Begin, Dowd, Sundstrom, Ward, Bulis, Rivet, Quintal, Markov, Bouillon that works.

What do you think?

jacklours 04-08-2004 04:49 PM

I think there always is a limit between a crazy idea and a plain dumb idea. Too bad you just crossed it by several miles

Disco Volante 04-08-2004 04:49 PM

:lol

Thanks for sharing...

electric 04-08-2004 04:50 PM

Here's what I'd like to see:

Zednik - Koivu - Kovalev
Ryder - Ribeiro - Dowd
Bulis - Perreault - Ward
Begin - Juneau - Dackell

Souray - Rivet
Markov - Brisebois
Bouillon - Quintal

the weakerthans 04-08-2004 04:54 PM

I like it but I would put Garon on the third line... he's got good size and he has already played at this position when he was 6 years old.. :shakehead

Boardish 04-08-2004 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The~Franchise
I think we are all in agreement that the line's need a shake-up. Here's my Idea.

Line 1:

Simple. Kovalev to score, Koivu to set it up, Begin to energize and give them room.

Line 2:

Again. Zednik to score, Ribeiro to set it up, Rivet to give them room. Rivet playing forward isn't such an outlandish concept, he's played it before, when we had injury problems.

Line 3:

Bulis for speed, Dowd for grinding, Ryder for scoring. I know Ryder on the 3rd line isn't what some want, but he did pretty well when CJ had him playing there a couple weeks before the end of the season.

Line 4:

Limited Even Strength time for this line, except for Ward, PP time for Perreault, PK time for Sundstrom.

Defence:

Powerplay

Line 1

Perreault's job is simple, win the face-off then get open. Komisarek, Get your big ass in front of the net and make sure Raycroft can't see a damn thing. Koivu works his magic. No change on defence.

Line 2

Energy and Pressure.

Penalty Killing

Any combination of Koivu, Begin, Dowd, Sundstrom, Ward, Bulis, Rivet, Quintal, Markov, Bouillon that works.

What do you think?

That's why you aren't in CJ's seat! ;)

VAN-HAB 04-08-2004 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boardish
That's why you aren't in CJ's seat! ;)

you can find something better, if you wanna reply. otherwise... :troll:

Moumni_Bachir 04-08-2004 05:05 PM

Quote:

Line 1:

Line 2:

Line 3:

Line 4:

Defence:

Powerplay

Line 1

Line 2

Energy and Pressure.

Penalty Killing

What do you think?

The only thing I agree with you is the "What do you think" part...those line stinks

:Smiley of "The Franchise" crying:

Boardish 04-08-2004 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VAN-HAB
you can find something better, if you wanna reply. otherwise... :troll:

Erhm... didn't want to be rude. I was joking because his line up was strange. And then? I'm not saying he's dumb or something.

tritone 04-08-2004 05:14 PM

Problem with the first line....Begin is being used against Thornton . I like this idea of having Koivu and Begin together that way the first line (having Begin) would see more ice time...BUT do you really want Kovalev on the ice at the same time as Thornton's line?

Kovalev Is A Hab 04-08-2004 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the weakerthans
I like it but I would put Garon on the third line... he's got good size and he has already played at this position when he was 6 years old.. :shakehead

:lol: :lol

VAN-HAB 04-08-2004 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boardish
Erhm... didn't want to be rude. I was joking because his line up was strange. And then? I'm not saying he's dumb or something.

:cheers:

TwineSniper 04-08-2004 05:18 PM

Wow, I am getting my ass kicked in this thread.

i guess the "RADICAL" part of the title didn't sink in. that's alright.

not quite yoda 04-08-2004 05:35 PM

Quote:

Wow, I am getting my ass kicked in this thread.

i guess the "RADICAL" part of the title didn't sink in. that's alright.

I can't believe you once called one of my posts "stupidity" and then you come up with this crap.

Brisson11 04-08-2004 05:48 PM

Who cares what the lines "should" be in all your different views unless your looking to kill time

felixd 04-08-2004 09:36 PM

Rivet playing forward isn't such a bad idea, but I would play him on the fourth line if anything, there is no way he deserves a spot on the 2nd line. Put Ryder there. Otherwise I would give your lineup a shot. Why not?

Traitor8 04-09-2004 12:15 AM

Here's my lineup:

Zednik-Koivu-Kovalev
Dagenais-Ribeiro-Ryder
Bulis-Begin-Ward
Dowd-Perreault-Sundstrom

ShootOut 04-09-2004 12:25 AM

You may want to rename it the Katie Couric line-up.

Team_Spirit 04-09-2004 01:37 AM

Bégin can't handle 1 line ice time ...

And Rivet on the second line ? Hell i would pick Dagenais over him ;)

Brisebois 04-09-2004 04:30 AM

Actually suppose all else would fail, and we'd (GOD FORBID) be down 3-0 in the series to Boston, I'd think of giving it a shot. It's a very interesting lineup, especially the idea of Komisarek playing power forward on the power play, but one that wouldn't really make sense for several reasons.

Rivet on the second line... as a forward. Rivet is a big, bruising defenseman who doesn't really have much speed, and can't really last too long when he puts on his wheels. Second line duty as a forward would be too much for him. Can you really see him rushing around fully steamed for 18 minutes?

As tritone said, do you really want Kovalev on the ice at the same time as Thornton is? Begin-Koivu would be interesting combination... maybe Ryder would spice it up well.

Other than that, it's a very interesting thought.

Lafleur wants to join the Begin-Koivu combo.