HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Saw Richard Scott at the Gym (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=69169)

Adamx 04-08-2004 10:22 PM

Saw Richard Scott at the Gym

I saw Richard Scott at the gym yesterday and he looked like one crazy mo-fo. He had the sides and back of his hair bleached blonde and puffed out and he had a mohawk on the top of his head which was bleached jet black.

NYR469 04-08-2004 10:30 PM

did he say how the recovery from post concussion syndrome is going?

nyr5186 04-08-2004 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam
I saw Richard Scott at the gym yesterday and he looked like one crazy mo-fo. He had the sides and back of his hair bleached blonde and puffed out and he had a mohawk on the top of his head which was bleached jet black.

:lol

Whats the news on him btw? Haven't seen him since he got that concussion vs. the Isles. I hope he's ready come training camp to win a spot on the 4th line and take over for Purinton as our resident heavyweight.

Edge 04-08-2004 10:56 PM

i think him and purinton are resident middle weights more than heavyweights. Nothing against either of them, but I'd prefer someone else as the teams fighter.

NYR469 04-08-2004 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edge
i think him and purinton are resident middle weights more than heavyweights. Nothing against either of them, but I'd prefer someone else as the teams fighter.

scott has been out with a concussion since 11/4 so playing isn't even an option right now no less fighting. and with a concussion this bad, i can't see him fighting much more the way he used to...

but that said, the question is what other options are there? you can always say that we'd rather have a better enforcer but until a better option is on the team, then you have to go with the best you have

Edge 04-08-2004 11:07 PM

personally i'd rather resign simon or even barnaby. And there are usually guys available on the waiver wire EVERY season so it's not that hard to get a guy.

Scott has never really proved himself as a guy who could go at the bigger level. Even seeing him in Hartford i never really saw him as a guy who could be a teams fighter. At 26 and with a serious concussion behind him, i especially dont see it happening.

rickyrod 04-08-2004 11:41 PM

Quote:

personally i'd rather resign simon or even barnaby. And there are usually guys available on the waiver wire EVERY season so it's not that hard to get a guy.

well, if we only sign barny we'll still need a fighter who can actually win a fight, not just stand up to anyone.

Edge 04-09-2004 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickyrod
well, if we only sign barny we'll still need a fighter who can actually win a fight, not just stand up to anyone.

Too bad Scott hasn't proved to do that at the NHL level either. If we're gonna have a straight goon on this team, I wanna see someone who would make people think twice. Scott is not gonna do that.

Burberry Manning 04-09-2004 03:27 AM

Quote:

Too bad Scott hasn't proved to do that at the NHL level either. If we're gonna have a straight goon on this team, I wanna see someone who would make people think twice. Scott is not gonna do that.

grenier, im telling ya the kid can swing them

Burberry Manning 04-09-2004 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam

Is Scott jacked?

Melrose_Jr. 04-09-2004 09:10 AM

Adam, I thought you moved to Cali?

Was Scott working out? If he's able to engage in strenuous activity, he must be getting close.

Adamx 04-09-2004 11:43 AM

This looked like the first time he'd been in the gym in a while. While he's skinny anyway, he looked really out of shape. Rather than having pecs, he looked more like Phil Mickleson with the man boobs. He is far from jacked, alhough he is still a big, intimidating person if you know what i mean. He spent more time walking around talking with the hot girls than working out.

I was in California for a year, but the job didnt work out, so im back in West Hartford.