HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   rampant speculation, but .... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=69180)

newf 04-08-2004 10:45 PM

rampant speculation, but ....
 
jason spezza was a healthy scratch from the first game between ottawa and toronto. a lot of talk that this might be part of a big difference in philosophies in the organization, and maybe that spezza might not be a senator much longer ... i said its rampant speculation, but ...

if there's a chance, i'd love to see the rangers get him. he'd be perfect to mature into a first line center with a young team. and i think the rangers have enough to get him. i'd trade anyone but tuytin and blackburn. two first round choices and lundmark????

i can dream can't i?

Edge 04-08-2004 10:55 PM

if there was a player worth two first rounders it might be him. I think the kid is the real deal.

NYR469 04-08-2004 10:57 PM

spezza isn't going anywhere...ottawa just has a ton of depth and as a rookie he became the odd man out

NYR469 04-08-2004 10:59 PM

if he is on the block i would LOVE to get him, but i think it is extremely unlikely

in the hall 04-08-2004 11:01 PM

come on guys, difference in philosophies? the guy is just a rookie it has nothing to do with philosophies and even if it did he wouldnt have a leg to stand on so him being traded is about unlikely as kovalchuk

Edge 04-08-2004 11:10 PM

never say never

i dont know/think he will be treaded but he's had some.....differences with the sens for a while now so it's def. something to keep an eye on.

NYR469 04-08-2004 11:12 PM

according to a thread on the sens board, spezza had been out with an injury but was cleared to play and claimed to be 100%. the sens said he was out with a lower body injury...so maybe they just kept him out 1 more game to make sure he was fully recovered?

pld459666 04-08-2004 11:14 PM

lower body injury in the playoffs =
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by NYR469
according to a thread on the sens board, spezza had been out with an injury but was cleared to play and claimed to be 100%. the sens said he was out with a lower body injury...so maybe they just kept him out 1 more game to make sure he was fully recovered?


a wrist injury in which he can't hold a stick :innocent:

This is when every GM lies about injuries.

in the hall 04-08-2004 11:18 PM

i still can't see the sens trading him, with hossa next up for a huge raise - and i'm sure he won't be feeling as generous as his teammates considering the senators penny pinched him all while only offering a multi year contract at a cheap price basically screwing him while he was young - havlat, spezza young players like them are invaluable because of the flexability they create because of their small contracts

newf 04-08-2004 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in the hall
i still can't see the sens trading him, with hossa next up for a huge raise - and i'm sure he won't be feeling as generous as his teammates considering the senators penny pinched him all while only offering a multi year contract at a cheap price basically screwing him while he was young - havlat, spezza young players like them are invaluable because of the flexability they create because of their small contracts

there has to be more to it than him being a rookie. he was their 5th leading scorer, and last year they called him up just to play in the playoffs (he got a goal and first star in his first game)

the differences in philosophy is from bob mckenzie
http://www.tsn.ca/columnists/bob_mckenzie.asp

BigE 04-09-2004 12:53 AM

He isn't a rookie. He's their 4th leading scorer and has matured into a great player.

He's been dubbed a phenom since he made the Brampton Battalion at age 15. All the hype and pressure hasn't gone to his head and if anyone can deal with New York, it's this kid. He takes his lumps, learns his lessons and is a much better player after everything is settled.

If things continue to get worse over the playoffs and he does become some sort of trade bait, I'd really like to see Sather grab him.

A long reach, great vision and excellent stick-handling make for some pretty nice plays to watch. I'd kill to see this kid center Jagr. :)

Fitzlax99 04-09-2004 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edge
if there was a player worth two first rounders it might be him. I think the kid is the real deal.

Not to mention the fact that he has already matured into an NHL player, if not the superstar he can be (his 55 points would have pretty much led our team), so there is a much smaller chance that his development would get messed up.

Bluenote13 04-09-2004 12:02 PM

Imagine the kind of depth where you have to sit a guy like Spezza?
I still can't believe he's not in there, that kid is a winner.

Fletch 04-09-2004 12:53 PM

Very interesting on Spezza...
 
on the season, he was second among centers in scoring, after Bonk. Perhaps they think somebody with more experience and who's better defensively is more apt for playoff hockey. The kid averaged less than 15 minutes per game and still netted 22 goals on the season. I wonder what his numbers would look like if he had Hossa on his wing.

AJ1982 04-09-2004 12:59 PM

Never say never, a year and a half ago I thought Comrie was virtually untouchable in trade talks. Obviously Spezza commands more value due to his superstar potential but if their was an offer of say 2 first round picks, a second rounder and a good prospect on the table I think Ottawa might let Spezza go, depending on how serious these "differences" between Spezza and the Sens really are.

BigE 04-09-2004 01:25 PM

With that said though, he is an extremely popular player in Ontario. The Senators fans might just eat Muckler alive if he trades Spezza.

In my opinion, they should have got rid of Bonk years ago. Spezza has shown the work ethic and desire of a number one center. He's improved on every facet of his game (especially his skating) and I would definitley give this kid a bigger role on the team.

Apparently they scratched him in favor of Antoine Vermette who has less experience that Spezza but seems to be a little more adept at playing a bangers game. He's also a little quicker and probably more reliable in his own zone.

AJ1982 04-09-2004 02:46 PM

[QUOTE=BigE] The Senators fans might just eat Muckler alive if he trades Spezza. QUOTE]


And they should, unless the deal was so good that it made 100% sense.

newf 04-09-2004 07:14 PM

the more i think about this, the more there's a history here. spezza has repeatedly felt disrespected by the sens. for two years prior to this one, they sent him back to the ohl (i believe) and then the ahl, or it may have been to the A for two years. anyway, this isn't the first time he's been p'ed at the organization. and its not like he's a spoiled prima donna - last year and the year before there were plenty of informed hockey people who thought he belonged in the nhl.

John Flyers Fan 04-09-2004 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edge
never say never

i dont know/think he will be treaded but he's had some.....differences with the sens for a while now so it's def. something to keep an eye on.

I highly doubt you'll see him dealt. If anything it could force a change of the coach (especially if Sens go out early). Muckler is a big, big Spezza fan. Martin, not so much.

Edge 04-09-2004 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
I highly doubt you'll see him dealt. If anything it could force a change of the coach (especially if Sens go out early). Muckler is a big, big Spezza fan. Martin, not so much.


Maybe, but also keep in mind that his "problems" with the sens have gone beyond just differences with the coach. Again I too highly doubt he will be dealt, but there is some def. problems that are going to be worked out here.

dumpsathernow* 04-11-2004 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJ1982
Never say never, a year and a half ago I thought Comrie was virtually untouchable in trade talks. Obviously Spezza commands more value due to his superstar potential but if their was an offer of say 2 first round picks, a second rounder and a good prospect on the table I think Ottawa might let Spezza go, depending on how serious these "differences" between Spezza and the Sens really are.

spezza is a future # 1, for any team i highly doubt ottawa will let him go, the kid is big has size and can score what he is , is another ron francis ottawa got depth but not up the middle with what this kid will do in the future. though i would love nyr to get him who wouldnt. :pizza:

Barnaby 04-11-2004 02:25 PM

These are the types of threads that just get my hopes up to be dashed later on....

I would LOVE to get Spezza....I really don't see them moving him, but if it was to happen at least Sather, and Muckler have a good relationship. I would give up pretty much whatever it would take to land this guy. He is that player we've been looking for when we say "face of the franchise." If its reasonable then you have to do it.

NYR2 04-11-2004 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barnaby
I would give up pretty much whatever it would take to land this guy.

I'm not giving up Tyutin, and you know they'll want him.

nyr5186 04-11-2004 05:02 PM

You think Washington would trade Ovechkin straight up for him? If not, would they do it if Ottawa threw in another pick?

Barnaby 04-11-2004 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYR2
I'm not giving up Tyutin, and you know they'll want him.

Thats why my next sentence was "if it's reasonable." ;)

Tyutin is about the only player I consider untouchable in that type of trade.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:55 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.