HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Chi-NYI (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=691970)

Blackhawkswincup 10-13-2009 06:39 PM

Chi-NYI

To Islanders
D Cam Barker (3.083)

To Hawks
G Martin Biron (1.4)
D Aaron Ness (Prospect)
3rd round pick

This is probably desperation on my part but Islanders dont really have any great young NHL dman and Barker could be the franchise Dman in NY.

Hawks get a veteran goalie to either push Huet to play better or take his job outright. A good defensive prospect and a solid pick. It also helps clear some salary for next year

shadow1 10-13-2009 06:41 PM

Looks fair.

TweetyLeaf 10-13-2009 06:41 PM

Hawks say NO!

Stop this madness. damn do i need to post this link everytime someone speaks about Cam Barker:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.h...scoringLeaders

Deal with it, he is a beast in powerplay.

Blackhawkswincup 10-13-2009 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TweetyLeaf (Post 21582340)
Hawks say NO!

Stop this madness. damn do i need to post this link everytime someone speaks about Cam Barker:

He is also a turnover machine who doesn't skate well.

I love Barker but I think he will be gone after year and we need an upgrade in net. Even at his worst Biron is still solid. Huet at his worst couldn't start for an ECHL team.

massivegoonery 10-13-2009 06:48 PM

I don't mind it much but that's because I really, really like Aaron Ness.

DisgruntledHawkFan 10-13-2009 06:53 PM

Absolutely not. At the deadline we could probably move Sopel and a first/second for Biron. Let's keep highly touted second year defenseman that make mistakes. It's getting tough to be a Hawks fan on these boards.

TweetyLeaf 10-13-2009 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan (Post 21582505)
Let's keep highly touted second year defenseman that make mistakes. It's getting tough to be a Hawks fan on these boards.

Yes it is. Its also evident that many Chi fans think that Barker is not worth keeping.
Even when Campbell has that long contract you just cant be thinking what we will do after he will retire and Barker is so clear answer to that its not even funny.

If we let him go, after 7 years we need to go after free agents again and pay humongous price again.
No thanks.

JustinCider 10-13-2009 07:12 PM

No chance the Hawks do this. They aren't that deperate for an OK goalie in Biron to give away Barker.

Blackhawkswincup 10-13-2009 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan (Post 21582505)
Absolutely not. At the deadline we could probably move Sopel and a first/second for Biron. Let's keep highly touted second year defenseman that make mistakes. It's getting tough to be a Hawks fan on these boards.

Isles will want no part of Sopel and his extra year!

I wouldn't mind a 1st for Biron as I expect to be picking 30th if we got him :nod:

But our CAP is tight enough could we take on his salary with just Sopel being moved?

Blackhawkswincup 10-13-2009 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustinCider (Post 21582814)
No chance the Hawks do this. They aren't that deperate for an OK goalie in Biron to give away Barker.

With an OK goalie we win last nights game 5-2!

I want an OK goalie. I believe Niemi could be an OK goalie. Huet is not an OK goalie!

Hawks cant afford to depend on Huet and Niemi.

Bears did that thru 80's with an average QB in McMahon and a bunch of rotating scrubs when he was injured.

Sure different sports but when I see Huet in net I think of Rex Grossman, Brian Griese and Kyle Orton recently handicapping great Bears teams and Jimmy Mac (Post injury) , Mike Tomczak and Doug Flutie screwing up other great teams on cusp of greatness.

DisgruntledHawkFan 10-13-2009 08:07 PM

Sopel makes several hundred thousand more then Biron. A first for Biron would be absolute robbery by the Isles.

Richie Daggers Crime 10-13-2009 08:12 PM

Isles have had Sopel on the team and moved him out. I don't see the Isles being much interested in bringing back an older player. The Isles already have a bunch of 7th defensemen.

SLAPSHOT723 10-13-2009 08:29 PM

At the deadline, done deal.

Tavaresmagicalplay* 10-13-2009 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup (Post 21582315)
To Islanders
D Cam Barker (3.083)

To Hawks
G Martin Biron (1.4)
D Aaron Ness (Prospect)
3rd round pick

This is probably desperation on my part but Islanders dont really have any great young NHL dman and Barker could be the franchise Dman in NY.

Hawks get a veteran goalie to either push Huet to play better or take his job outright. A good defensive prospect and a solid pick. It also helps clear some salary for next year

Call me crazy but I think the hawks would actually want Roloson instead. He's the better goalie.

Blackhawkswincup 10-13-2009 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndreaBargnani (Post 21585003)
Call me crazy but I think the hawks would actually want Roloson instead. He's the better goalie.

1-Doesn't help with CAP
2-He will be 40 soon
3-If he retires after this year we would be stuck with his hit next year as well
4-Biron is younger , Better and will be UFA after year.

Plus Ness is key to deal as he is a great young dman

SLAPSHOT723 10-13-2009 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndreaBargnani (Post 21585003)

Even though Biron is on a one year deal? Cheaper? And once he's gone Niemi can take the ropes?

I think the Hawks would be much happier with a tandem of Biron-Niemi than Huet-Niemi.

Blackhawkswincup 10-13-2009 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan (Post 21583972)
Sopel makes several hundred thousand more then Biron. A first for Biron would be absolute robbery by the Isles.

Sopel makes almost a mil more then Biron!

Blackhawkswincup 10-13-2009 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slapshot723 (Post 21585330)
Even though Biron is on a one year deal? Cheaper? And once he's gone Niemi can take the ropes?

I think the Hawks would be much happier with a tandem of Biron-Niemi than Huet-Niemi.

Well to be fair I would be just as happy if Darren Pang came out of retirement and was given Huet's roster spot!

That is how bad Huet is and how much I want him off Hawks

SLAPSHOT723 10-13-2009 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup (Post 21585371)
Well to be fair I would be just as happy if Darren Pang came out of retirement and was given Huet's roster spot!

That is how bad Huet is and how much I want him off Hawks

I agree, he just doesn't fit with this team.

SLAPSHOT723 10-13-2009 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup (Post 21585287)
1-Doesn't help with CAP
2-He will be 40 soon
3-If he retires after this year we would be stuck with his hit next year as well
4-Biron is younger , Better and will be UFA after year.

Plus Ness is key to deal as he is a great young dman

Ness is over-hyped, I believe Travis Hamonic will have a better career and would fit better with the Hawks, but he is someone the Isles should not even consider trading.

thadd 10-13-2009 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TweetyLeaf (Post 21582340)
Hawks say NO!

I don't think you understand... if you've got Biron you can buy out Huet and that'll give you more space to re-sign Kane and Toews.....

Cap space is imporant....

especially when it's blatantly obvious that you won't have nearly enough to sign your 3 best guys going RFA....

JustinCider 10-13-2009 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup (Post 21583471)
With an OK goalie we win last nights game 5-2!

I want an OK goalie. I believe Niemi could be an OK goalie. Huet is not an OK goalie!

Hawks cant afford to depend on Huet and Niemi.

Bears did that thru 80's with an average QB in McMahon and a bunch of rotating scrubs when he was injured.

Sure different sports but when I see Huet in net I think of Rex Grossman, Brian Griese and Kyle Orton recently handicapping great Bears teams and Jimmy Mac (Post injury) , Mike Tomczak and Doug Flutie screwing up other great teams on cusp of greatness.

Huet may not be great and he is overpaid, but if you think Biron is upgrade on Huet, you are mistaken. What has Biron proven? nothing. The Hawks would be better off going after a young guy who hasn't had a real shot yet, someone like Harding or Halak.

TweetyLeaf 10-13-2009 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thadd (Post 21588776)
I don't think you understand... if you've got Biron you can buy out Huet and that'll give you more space to re-sign Kane and Toews.....

Cap space is imporant....

especially when it's blatantly obvious that you won't have nearly enough to sign your 3 best guys going RFA....

We can put Huet into the waivers off season for all i care if we manage to keep Bram Stoker.

hlundqvist30* 10-14-2009 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustinCider (Post 21588842)
Huet may not be great and he is overpaid, but if you think Biron is upgrade on Huet, you are mistaken. What has Biron proven? nothing. The Hawks would be better off going after a young guy who hasn't had a real shot yet, someone like Harding or Halak.

Biron is definitely better than Huet. Biron is not fantastic by any means but he is the definition of "average," which, as pointed out by someone else, might be all the Blackhawks need to go deep; average goaltending. Biron is not a stud by any means but he's not going to single handedly lose you games.

ferrisUML 10-14-2009 12:10 AM

Isles fan here...where do I sign?